Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
IMG_1832.jpeg
IMG_1831.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Thanks for that. I remember they caught my eye a while ago with that modular wallet I think on kickstarter (or some crowdfunded pre-order). The website or review I saw for the Luxe mentioned that it used super small suction cups to help with adhesion without a sticker/chemical adhesive? I figured it just attached via MagSafe…

Will probably order one as it looks pretty interesting and not as cheap looking as other grip accessories.

Edit:”
Snap 4 is Apple MagSafe compatible, nano-adhesive assisted. It takes more deliberate effort to remove than typical MagSafe accessories because you can use other MagSafe accessories on top of it and we don't want it coming off! The magnets inside your iPhone just aren't strong enough to keep Snap 4 on your phone if you stick it to a fridge or car mount.

P.S. it's reusable adhesive! Just run water over it, let it air dry, and it reactivates like magic.”

What this means I am not sure. As long as it doesn’t peel off the back of the fabric case I’m fine with it.

I’ve been messing with it and tbh I don’t even think we need to remove the back film to make it work successfully with our MagSafe phone and cases …I tucked the little blue tab inside and working fine …I also was able to release it one handed lol …I need more time with it but so far good

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I’ve been messing with it and tbh I don’t even think we need to remove the back film to make it work successfully with our MagSafe phone and cases …I tucked the little blue tab inside and working fine …I also was able to release it one handed lol …I need more time with it but so far good
until i settle on a case, i’m not removing the backing. works fine although from past experience with ver 3 (i’ve had one since original kickstarter) it’s better when you remove the backing.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
until i settle on a case, i’m not removing the backing. works fine although from past experience with ver 3 (i’ve had one since original kickstarter) it’s better when you remove the backing.

Yes I agree think it’s probably better with backing off …it stuck to my refrigerator side no issues with the backing on …but I don’t think the sticky will be issue with swapping cases ..at least I’m going to find out bc I switch them every couple of days .. they also mentioned you can reactivate the stickiness

“Easy. Also, the adhesive is reusable! If it starts to become less sticky, clean it with lukewarm water to refresh it.”

Reactions: darrinS

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Benks Armor Pro:
Great feeling case. Feels more comfortable to hold than Pitaka MagEz Pro. I think I prefer the black camera housing on the pitaka, but this is a nice case. No microfiber inside which is a con in my opinion but doesn’t bother me enough to change my mind. Looks great with the 600D instead of the 1500D Pitaka pro that I own. I ordered it just to check it out in person but honestly might keep it lol. I have problems. No person needs more than like 4 cases. I get so many that I end up with brand new looking cases by the time I upgrade… such a waste, but I love it!! Woooo let’s go! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpeg
    IMG_0989.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0988.jpeg
    IMG_0988.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 114

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Anyone tried the Caseology Athlex? Looks a bit like a budget Sheath but for the money (£11 on Amazon UK right now) it looks like one of the best value cases out there. Only downside seems to be no MagSafe, but overall I think the case looks great and I don't think you can do better for the price.

Shame they only do it in Black though, if they'd have done a grey or clay I'd have bought one for my Natural Ti.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Benks Armor Pro:
Great feeling case. Feels more comfortable to hold than Pitaka MagEz Pro. I think I prefer the black camera housing on the pitaka, but this is a nice case. No microfiber inside which is a con in my opinion but doesn’t bother me enough to change my mind. Looks great with the 600D instead of the 1500D Pitaka pro that I own. I ordered it just to check it out in person but honestly might keep it lol. I have problems. No person needs more than like 4 cases. I get so many that I end up with brand new looking cases by the time I upgrade… such a waste, but I love it!! Woooo let’s go! 😂
This has been my go to on my 14 pro and now it’s even better on my 15 pro. 🙌

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Benks Armor Pro:
Looks nice. How’s the lip above the USB port? On my Pitaka Pro it’s a little flimsy and seems like it could start drooping over time.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Benks Armor Pro:
I had this case but returned it because it was very slippery like a bar of soap.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Mine has improved grip with use, as has the Enzo which I've settled on for the last week. Longest I've had one case on it I think. 😄

Reactions: Hooterville

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I was at the Apple store yesterday and was checking out those woven cases.. they have a nice feel to them and are so light... I'm usually pretty good with my cases but with all the reports of people seeing the scuffs and stuff that would annoy me ..

Reactions: VSMacOne and AE14

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I was at the Apple store yesterday and was checking out those woven cases.. they have a nice feel to them and are so light... I'm usually pretty good with my cases but with all the reports of people seeing the scuffs and stuff that would annoy me ..
Yeah, it’s a shame they aren’t more durable. I’m not hard on phones, but mine started showing wear after just a short time. It’s crazy how beat up the display models are at my local Apple Store.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah, it’s a shame they aren’t more durable. I’m not hard on phones, but mine started showing wear after just a short time. It’s crazy how beat up the display models are at my local Apple Store.

Those display models were a mess haha and the one I was eyeing in black had a nice matching wallet attached

• Haha
Reactions: macher and Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.