Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I was at the Apple store yesterday and was checking out those woven cases.. they have a nice feel to them and are so light... I'm usually pretty good with my cases but with all the reports of people seeing the scuffs and stuff that would annoy me ..
0 scuffs on my black, i'd be way more worried about that clear spigen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bkdodger and macher

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
How good does it work if you don't use the sticky adhesive?
the only problem with not using the adhesive is you pretty much have to remove it before attaching your phone to any other magsafe item. the beauty of the ohsnap is it doesn’t have to be removed ever. without using the adhesive if you don’t remove it before attaching to another magsafe item, when you remove your phone, the ohsnap will remain attached to the other magsafe item. and it’s not so easy to get off. basically the top side has a stronger hold than the backside. hopefully this makes sense.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I have been impressed with the

Ringke Onyx Magnetic​

Feels great, fits great, love how it covers the camera system pretty well without covering the lenses as such.

71bUoVUUKML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71DzxBSVrkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Love the onyx but wish the navy had MagSafe. Why are all the cases just black this year 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Bkdodger and macher

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
I really like mine. Give it a go, I think the internet hate is way overblown!
I was impressed the other week-and there were some that were battered in the store, but you know that people would have been doing that intentionally to confirm everything they’ve read online. If I can get a price drop on one, I’d be happy to give one a go.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Did I tell y'all how slim this OhSnap 4 Luxe is?? Lol

I have to say I'm digging it more as I'm on day 2 haha maybe it's just the honeymoon stage ...

Today's look with my Spigen Magnetic
9f2b7a022fa030a4a579b76f9304baaa.jpg
564e6bdceed4eef7a56748c1bd69d1a2.jpg
e45dc8fcf643140df7f1eceac3951bd2.jpg

246697d795d5346adfdd3ef359abc627.jpg
bcc6df2bacf2edf8f60ba45eb52a7bef.jpg
bcc4525fb98c0adef5ad44b56eb141dc.jpg
I thought about getting one. I’m not really keen on the normal Pop Sockets but this looks like a much better option. However it looks like they don’t ship to the UK. 🤔

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I was impressed the other week-and there were some that were battered in the store, but you know that people would have been doing that intentionally to confirm everything they’ve read online. If I can get a price drop on one, I’d be happy to give one a go.
Perhaps Apple has made improvements on the fly, but my copy that was purchased on release is loose, ill-fitting, and fragile. No hate involved, just reporting the reality of the case I have collecting dust in a drawer.

Reactions: Danorak81

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I thought about getting one. I’m not really keen on the normal Pop Sockets but this looks like a much better option. However it looks like they don’t ship to the UK.

Oh really no international shipping ughhh…this is why I gave it a try bc I find others too thick for my liking …

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.C

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Perhaps Apple has made improvements on the fly, but my copy that was purchased on release is loose, ill-fitting, and fragile. No hate involved, just reporting the reality of the case I have collecting dust in a drawer.
Must of got a dud, the old leather cases had duds too, should of returned it, my black FW fit is perfect, not crowbar tight but takes more effort than a sheath to get off. Similar to the Mous to remove.
Even the sides don't pull away easily like the sheath.
I got it for nicks but I wouldn't use it if wasn't any good.
Only case. Havn't found anything better yet. Not bothering with all the cases I tried/had for the 14 pro.

Sheath
Mous
Nomad
Symmetry
Apple silcone
Apple leather (gone)
Mujjo

ps a leather mous is temptng me but don't think I want to add the extra weight.

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Must of got a dud, the old leather cases had duds too, should of returned it, my black FW fit is perfect, not crowbar tight but takes a bit more effort than a sheath to get off. Similar to the Mous to remove.
Even the sides don't pull away easily like the sheath.
I got it for nicks but I wouldn't use it if wasn't any good.
Only case. Havn't found anything better yet. Not bothering with all the cases I tried/had for the 14 pro.

Sheath
Mous
Nomad
Symmetry
Apple silcone
Apple leather (gone)
Mujjo
Yeah, must be an early defective copy. Unfortunately, the box accidentally went out with the recycled cardboard so I’m stuck with it. I’ll end up giving it to some unsuspecting soul (I mean a normal person who doesn’t obsess over cases like most of us in this thread). 😂

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Yeah, must be an early defective copy. Unfortunately, the box accidentally went out with the recycled cardboard so I’m stuck with it. I’ll end up giving it to some unsuspecting soul (I mean a normal person who doesn’t obsess over cases like most of us in this thread). 😂
Wouldn't of mattered posting back

Reactions: Zensō

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
how’s the Apple silicone in regards to decent drop protection.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
how’s the Apple silicone in regards to decent drop protection.
I haven’t seen any drop tests recently. I remember from years back, perhaps around the iPhone X days, someone did a series of drop tests and the phone survived from waist high but was shattered from a small ladder, like at 7-8 feet. Of course, outside of controlled testing it depends a lot upon the luck of how it lands and if there is any debris. I certainly wouldn’t consider it a “protective” case compared to cases like the Defender, Rugged, Mous, et al.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
All of this stuff is so subjective, but yes, to me the Pitaka feels slightly slimmer and lighter (it is actually a little lighter). More so than the difference in size though, I notice the difference in texture. The Pitaka is smooth and the surface feels almost soft to the touch. Because of that it’s more comfortable, but less grippy, than the Sheath. It’s really nice for around the house or office, but the Sheath might be preferable for things like hiking or biking where you’re outside taking lots of photos and need better grip. Again, this is all very subjective, so please take it with a good dose of salt.
Yes, acbarn, that difference in texture is striking after getting accustomed to the rugged surface of the Sheath. The Pitaka also mimics the contours of the phone more closely than the Caudabe, similar to holding a naked iPhone because of the chamfered edges & smooth skin vs. the larger squared-off sides & rough shocklite surface of the Sheath. I'm savoring the extremes... like having 2 different phones depending on which case is installed.
IMG_2295(Edited).jpg

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Have been looking at the lux 4. How do you like it?
I preordered as soon as I got the email for it. I left my 3 in San Diego when I went to Comic Con this year; took it off in the hotel and left it on the desk. I got my lux 4 this week and I really like the improvements they've made. the MagSafe ring feels a little thicker than the previous one, but it is still waaaaaaaaay better than a pop socket. I really like the addition of the magnetic closing and I have no problem deploying it with one hand by pushing on the raised bump on one side to lift it away from the magnet.

Benks Armor Pro:
Great feeling case. Feels more comfortable to hold than Pitaka MagEz Pro. I think I prefer the black camera housing on the pitaka, but this is a nice case. No microfiber inside which is a con in my opinion but doesn’t bother me enough to change my mind. Looks great with the 600D instead of the 1500D Pitaka pro that I own. I ordered it just to check it out in person but honestly might keep it lol. I have problems. No person needs more than like 4 cases. I get so many that I end up with brand new looking cases by the time I upgrade… such a waste, but I love it!! Woooo let’s go! 😂
I agree. I really didnt like the EZ Pro case because of how sharp the edges felt. I liked the Enzo and it was more grippy than the Benks, but I liked the taller buttons and textured back better on the Benks, so I sent the Enzo back. the Enzo also had imperfections in the fine details (button cutouts, logo cutout) that made me decide on the Benks. I think if the Enzo had a textured back, I might have kept it because I liked how formal/fancy it looked.

How good does it work if you don't use the sticky adhesive?
thats how ive been using it and it works great. only downside is having the ohsnap stay on the charger when you take your phone off it. I only have the adhesive covered because I haven't settled on a case yet

IMPORTANT - If you are using the oh snap, DO NOT USE THE ADHESIVE ON LEATHER, IT WILL PULL THE TOP LAYER OFF. I made this mistake without thinking on my PM13.

Reactions: Mr.C

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I'm happy to hear it ...if I find a nice discount I might give it a go ...I currently have 4 cases but always down to add another to the mix
I just left the Apple Store, and damn that fine woven does actually feel fine.. 😳 but no.. no.. the Cypress silicone looked & felt good too.. better than my Elago silicone for sure (lighter & gripper).. oh but the blue Otterbox Symmetry is on sale & that color looks so nice & the case gets high praise here, surely that’s a better value.. but I’ve already ordered a dune Bullstrap.. no way I need this many cases, right? Right?! ..

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I just left the Apple Store, and damn that fine woven does actually feel fine.. but no.. no.. the Cypress silicone looked & felt good too.. better than my Elago silicone for sure (lighter & gripper).. oh but the blue Otterbox Symmetry is on sale & that color looks so nice & the case gets high praise here, surely that’s a better value.. but I’ve already ordered a dune Bullstrap.. no way I need this many cases, right? Right?! ..

I have the Clay silicone and really like it …Cypress is a nice one too …I might give the woven a look see later on down the road …you definitely have room for a few more cases

• Wow
Reactions: off2marz

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I just left the Apple Store, and damn that fine woven does actually feel fine.. 😳 but no.. no.. the Cypress silicone looked & felt good too.. better than my Elago silicone for sure (lighter & gripper).. oh but the blue Otterbox Symmetry is on sale & that color looks so nice & the case gets high praise here, surely that’s a better value.. but I’ve already ordered a dune Bullstrap.. no way I need this many cases, right? Right?! ..
Love my cypress silicone, was considering buying the winter blue silicone since it’s on sale, but I actually just ordered that blue Otterbox Symmetry instead, it’ll be here on Tuesday 😝

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015

Love my cypress silicone, was considering buying the winter blue silicone since it’s on sale, but I actually just ordered that blue Otterbox Symmetry instead, it’ll be here on Tuesday 😝

is the cypress darker IRL that it appears online? I think someone in this thread was saying that it was way darker in person.

Reactions: Djones96

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I’m a sucker for a good sale.. really thinking about the blue Symmetry, at least if I don’t like it it’s an easy return.. if cypress silicone goes on sale in the future I may bite..
is the cypress darker IRL that it appears online? I think someone in this thread was saying that it was way darker in person.
I do think it’s darker irl than in the product photos. If you google search “iPhone 12 cypress silicone” I think the images of that look a bit more accurate

Reactions: Djones96

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Yes, acbarn, that difference in texture is striking after getting accustomed to the rugged surface of the Sheath. The Pitaka also mimics the contours of the phone more closely than the Caudabe, similar to holding a naked iPhone because of the chamfered edges & smooth skin vs. the larger squared-off sides & rough shocklite surface of the Sheath. I'm savoring the extremes... like having 2 different phones depending on which case is installed. View attachment 2314707
It finally arrived! I’m glad you’re enjoying it, it’s such a nice case. And yup, the texture is kind of the polar opposite of the Sheath.

Reactions: SR Steve
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.