Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Non-titanium button kits now available.

Attachments

• IMG_7467.png
    IMG_7467.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 66

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
kinda disappointed that the PR doesn't accommodate my Anker USB-C cable for CarPlay :-\

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I get that Phone Rebel is late when it comes to the accessories and I never understand why there is so much talk about it. If you don’t like the way they do things, then don’t buy their stuff. Complaining online about the same thing over and over isn’t going to fix anything. They know what the deal is and they are trying to improve things the best they can. I know tons of people complain about customer service when it comes to X and Y company but if you truly knew the ins and outs and how small some of these companies were you would understand.

Just bringing a different perspective cause I have conversations with a lot of who everyone complains about and if you only knew that they know and trying everything the can to either speed things up or work on customer service.

Tons of cases are still on back order from multiple brands, that’s what’s going to come with design change. hHave patience or go get a case that’s already in the market.

Not trying to sound rude but I just had to get it off. All isn’t going to agree but I’m not expecting you to.

You could have just quoted me, I would have not taken it out of disrespect. I for one truly enjoy your authentic content. Top shelf in my opinion. But to justify a company and to say you know the "ins and out" as if you are the only one, is a little extreme. I have been working with companies since the OG iPhones. Sorry but the excuse of being a small company is not acceptable when you have been in business for a little while now. You can't price point a product at a premium and not expect the backlash from consumers. Again expand your operation and maybe you'll see an uptick up in profit revenue. This is for multiple companies, not just Rebel. Not sure if you would put that in the complaining category.

As per design change, every year dimensions change, including the camera cutout size. That's a poor excuse IMO. Not expecting the action button I understand though.

This is not said to have a back and forth, just wanted to share my thinking. Respect.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
That PR Gen 5 with all the orange looks amazing! Got one and the buttons in the checkout.....

£15 shipping!!! Wow.
Also, are the buttons backed or is it metal? And anyone had a prob with the shallow side lips? Need to know before spending super sponds on this.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
That PR Gen 5 with all the orange looks amazing! Got one and the buttons in the checkout.....

£15 shipping!!! Wow.
Also, are the buttons backed or is it metal? And anyone had a prob with the shallow side lips? Need to know before spending super sponds on this.

The Gen 5 Aramid I have has no backing on the inside buttons at all. I have my fingers crossed that the new sets have some protective backing on them.

Reactions: Pug72

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas

£15 shipping!!! Wow.
probably no backing but I’ve gone a month plus and my buttons have no scratches on them. Slap a piece of tape on them if you’re worried but the rebel is a tight fitting case you should be alright. Not like caudabe with the slits

Reactions: Pug72

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone using the Pitaka cases? Can't decide if I like the full cover one or the one that's open top and bottom. I like the open bottoms as feels nicer to swipe up on the screen.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
probably no backing but I’ve gone a month plus and my buttons have no scratches on them. Slap a piece of tape on them if you’re worried but the rebel is a tight fitting case you should be alright. Not like caudabe with the slits
Did you notice that the included screwdriver is no longer coming with the camera frames?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I get that Phone Rebel is late when it comes to the accessories and I never understand why there is so much talk about it. If you don’t like the way they do things, then don’t buy their stuff. Complaining online about the same thing over and over isn’t going to fix anything. They know what the deal is and they are trying to improve things the best they can. I know tons of people complain about customer service when it comes to X and Y company but if you truly knew the ins and outs and how small some of these companies were you would understand.

Just bringing a different perspective cause I have conversations with a lot of who everyone complains about and if you only knew that they know and trying everything the can to either speed things up or work on customer service.

Tons of cases are still on back order from multiple brands, that’s what’s going to come with design change. hHave patience or go get a case that’s already in the market.

Not trying to sound rude but I just had to get it off. All isn’t going to agree but I’m not expecting you to.
I would hope brands welcome and appreciate constructive feedback from customers who care enough to provide it. Many will not bother and just spend their dollars elsewhere. If a manufacturer views such feedback as “complaining”, I think their long term prospects are not good in this highly competitive market.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Anyone using the Pitaka cases? Can't decide if I like the full cover one or the one that's open top and bottom. I like the open bottoms as feels nicer to swipe up on the screen.
Yes. Loyal Pitaka fan here. I’ve been using Pitaka cases for years (the MagEZ and the retired Air case). It depends on what kind of protection you need/want. I am team minimalist so go for the MagEZ. High quality case and feel great in the hand.

Reactions: Mr.C and AVBeatMan

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
The Peak Design "Everyday Case" came in the other day.

Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that there might be a dealbreaker for me - my camera lens protector interferes with putting the case on fully. This is the first case I've run into that. Granted, that's pretty much an edge case - not too many people would be affected by that.

Nonetheless, I may return the case and eat the $8 Happy Returns fee. I change cases too frequently to be popping off the lens protector when I use this specific case, and I prefer to keep the lens protector due to a very close call a few weeks ago. It's not that special of a case, compared to my other cases, to deserve that extra treatment. Not to mention, my Nomads and Decodeds might get jealous (although the Otterboxes are pretty laid-back)!

Enough with the novel, here's a couple of pics:
Mannnn I’m satisfied with my Ghost and my PR Gen 5. But the Peak Design (14PM) is only $24 on Amazon right now. Tempting for sure.

Reactions: walds11

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022

The reason they're not worth complaining about is they're mediocre cases and nothing exciting. Other companies do aspects of what they do better than them. Pitaka and Latercase do the carbon thing better, Spigen and Caudabe do better clear MagSafe cases etc.

If someone really wants one of their cases, there are better alternatives already out there.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
You could have just quoted me, I would have not taken it out of disrespect. I for one truly enjoy your authentic content. Top shelf in my opinion. But to justify a company and to say you know the "ins and out" as if you are the only one, is a little extreme. I have been working with companies since the OG iPhones. Sorry but the excuse of being a small company is not acceptable when you have been in business for a little while now. You can't price point a product at a premium and not expect the backlash from consumers. Again expand your operation and maybe you'll see an uptick up in profit revenue. This is for multiple companies, not just Rebel. Not sure if you would put that in the complaining category.

As per design change, every year dimensions change, including the camera cutout size. That's a poor excuse IMO. Not expecting the action button I understand though.

This is not said to have a back and forth, just wanted to share my thinking. Respect.

I appreciate it and I wasn’t just talking about you, I read the the comment that was above and I honestly don’t even know who it was who wrote it so it’s not directed towards you so respect. Also I’m not the only one who knows the ins and outs, I’m not the only creator nor am I the only who works with brands in some sort of way. Sure his cases are slow every year but how much can we do? If some feel it’s ridiculous then there are thousands of other cases to choose from. As in design change, yeah I was mainly talking about the action button.

Now I’m not saying their release schedule is ok and tolerable because for sure it’s wild how late the cases are. They do however have a market and that market waits every year when the cases release and I doubt that will change.

But this is all opinions and respect for sure. No Ill will here 💪🏽.

Reactions: thatappleguytoday

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
The reason they're not worth complaining about is they're mediocre cases and nothing exciting. Other companies do aspects of what they do better than them. Pitaka and Latercase do the carbon thing better, Spigen and Caudabe do better clear MagSafe cases etc.

If someone really wants one of their cases, there are better alternatives already out there.
Personal preference, mediocre to you isn’t the same for others.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Not expecting the action button I understand though.
I don't even think not being prepared for the action button is an excuse. This is literally these case maker's bread and butter. There were detailed leaks (as there are every year) including CAD drawings which resulted in dummy iPhone 15 Pros months before launch that YouTubers get hold of which included the action button.

Unbox Therapy for example had a dummy Pro Max with an accurate action button as far back as May. That's plenty of time to update tooling to accommodate a slight design tweak. As you say, dimensions change almost every year, even slight camera bump increases.

Any case maker who considers themselves a serious player should have been ready for it. Caudabe I think are the one I'm most disappointed with. No excuses or sympathy for these companies, and as you say, if they can't keep up with design changes then they just can't justify the premium prices for customers to just compromise.

Last edited:

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Why do I feel like a certain someone drops by from time to time to speak down on us from an ivory tower. This is an open forum where we talk shop, chit, and everything in between. The facts are the facts. When you buy a product with the promise of upgradable parts, we want them and I only didn’t return the case based on the promise of changeable parts coming real soon. Rant over.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Why do I feel like a certain someone drops by from time to time to speak down on us from an ivory tower. This is an open forum where we talk shop, chit, and everything in between. The facts are the facts. When you buy a product with the promise of upgradable parts, we want them and I only didn’t return the case based on the promise of changeable parts coming real soon. Rant over.
The parts are finally available today ;)

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
Update on the Mous Atlantic Blue case situation for those curious:

Back on November 5th I managed to buy an Atlantic Blue for the 15PM before they were unlisted from Amazon, it appeared a few days before but I failed to get one initially. Today it arrived and its exactly as it was listed. Was worried it may have been mislabeled since its vanished from Amazon altogether but its the real deal. Was $64 on Amazon when I got it.

Mous now has pre-orders for Atlantic Blue and Alpine Green to ship on the 24th priced at $89 (discounted from $99) which is still way too steep imo.

Keep an eye on the Amazon page, if they're preparing more stock through their main website you never know if Amazon will list them again too and hopefully discounted with the current black friday deals going on

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Couldn't have said it better myself, bro.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.