Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Can you please post this wallpaper??? It’s gorgeous!
I replied to your dm. I’ll also post the wallpaper here for others so it’s easy.. wasn’t sure if there was rules :p

Attachments

• IMG_8706.jpeg
    IMG_8706.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 68

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
@off2marz already beat me to it, but the Otterbox symmetry in blue showed up today, and so far I’m really liking it! Doesn’t feel too bulky, buttons are nice and clicky, and it isn’t slippery at all!

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    794.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 156

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
@off2marz already beat me to it, but the Otterbox symmetry in blue showed up today, and so far I’m really liking it! Doesn’t feel too bulky, buttons are nice and clicky, and it isn’t slippery at all!
That looks really good. Clean and precise, and doesn’t look like a fingerprint magnet.

I will not buy another case, I will not buy another case, I will not… …

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
Did you already post how much the case weighs?
All of these are 15 Pro

Zagg London - 44g
Caudabe Sheath - 39g
Spigen Enzo Aramid - 41g
YMW Nappa leather (grey) - 33g
Otterbox Lumen (grey) - 32g
Apple Silicone Clay (Aliexpress) - 28g
Torras Magnetic Shockproof (grey) - 33g
Carved Wood & Resin - 41g

FWIW, the Enzo feels the heaviest on the phone despite not being the heaviest case. Not sure why but feels the most dense of all the cases.

I don't speak much of the Carved case at all because I don't really recommend it. The unique wood and resin back is super pretty, but it's not that comfortable to hold. The lack of a action button cover is a shame, and that instantly disqualifies it for pretty much everyone here. I think I'll make myself use it next week just to get it into rotation because I haven't used it since I got the phone on launch week.

Edit: Carved has now updated their cases to have an action button cover. I should send them an email to see if it's possible to send my back to have mine updated to that version.

Last edited:

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
How do you run a sale on an item that isn’t even available yet?? These people man, I tell ya…. I might not give them my business anymore. I get stuff happens but get it together, you have a loyal customer base that is dying for your products… isn’t like this is their first year in the case game….

Attachments

• IMG_1930.png
    IMG_1930.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 71

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
How do you run a sale on an item that isn’t even available yet?? These people man, I tell ya…. I might not give them my business anymore. I get stuff happens but get it together, you have a loyal customer base that is dying for your products… isn’t like this is their first year in the case game….
It is a crying shame. Don't worry they will be back up the $15. a crack once he finally does sell them.

Joe, what colors you going to order? Just the black?

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Got the Mous 5.0 Aramid a while ago. Not sure I like it but will run it a full day tomorrow.

Have the Synthesis and a couple other cases but Synthesis is my favorite.

The first thing I noticed with the 5.0 was how smooth the aramid back is. Not that the Synthesis isn’t smooth but it has a gritty texture which helps when I’m using my phone on my pinky and 3 fingers resting on the back.

Second thing I noticed was the side grips on the Mous although decent not nearly has good as the Synthesis.

It’s weird but seems like the 5.0 and Synthesis and same thickness but the Mous feels thicker. When I hold the Synthesis I feel it’s locked into my hand when my 4 fingers are wrapped around my onto the matrix grips and the other side under my thumb near the palm.

Now it’s most likely that the 2 are in different categories, the Mous offering pretty good protection and the Synthesis offering enough. Which is most likely the reason of the “feel” with the Mous lipage on the top and bottom as an example.

I think if the Mous offered a texture back and the matrix grips I would like it.

Anyone else experience this the 5.0 having a case similar to the Synthesis?

Reactions: Jimmyone

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Got the Mous 5.0 Aramid a while ago. Not sure I like it but will run it a full day tomorrow.

Have the Synthesis and a couple other cases but Synthesis is my favorite.

The first thing I noticed with the 5.0 was how smooth the aramid back is. Not that the Synthesis isn’t smooth but it has a gritty texture which helps when I’m using my phone on my pinky and 3 fingers resting on the back.

Second thing I noticed was the side grips on the Mous although decent not nearly has good as the Synthesis.

It’s weird but seems like the 5.0 and Synthesis and same thickness but the Mous feels thicker. When I hold the Synthesis I feel it’s locked into my hand when my 4 fingers are wrapped around my onto the matrix grips and the other side under my thumb near the palm.

Now it’s most likely that the 2 are in different categories, the Mous offering pretty good protection and the Synthesis offering enough. Which is most likely the reason of the “feel” with the Mous lipage on the top and bottom as an example.

I think if the Mous offered a texture back and the matrix grips I would like it.

Anyone else experience this the 5.0 having a case similar to the Synthesis?
The Synthesis feels too rough to me (actually just sent mine back to Caudabe today). I prefer the softer/smoother surface of the Mous. There’s really no right or wrong when it comes to this, it’s purely personal preference.

Edit: How do you like the buttons?

Last edited:
Reactions: macher

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
FWIW, the Enzo feels the heaviest on the phone despite not being the heaviest case. Not sure why but feels the most dense of all the cases.
I thought the exact same thing! Going between the Enzo and PR, it def felt heavier to me.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

Attachments

• OraPopTop_01.jpg
    OraPopTop_01.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 58
  • OraPopTop_03.jpg
    OraPopTop_03.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 55
  • OraPopTop_02.jpg
    OraPopTop_02.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 51
  • OraPopTop_04.jpg
    OraPopTop_04.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 55
  • OraPopTop_05.jpg
    OraPopTop_05.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 54
  • OraPopTop_07.jpg
    OraPopTop_07.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 57
  • OraPopTop_06.jpg
    OraPopTop_06.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 50
  • OraPopTop_08.jpg
    OraPopTop_08.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 48
  • OraPopTop_09.jpg
    OraPopTop_09.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 52
  • OraPopTop_10.jpg
    OraPopTop_10.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 49
  • OraPopTop_11.jpg
    OraPopTop_11.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 55

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
The Peak Design "Everyday Case" came in the other day.

Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that there might be a dealbreaker for me - my camera lens protector interferes with putting the case on fully. This is the first case I've run into that. Granted, that's pretty much an edge case - not too many people would be affected by that.

Nonetheless, I may return the case and eat the $8 Happy Returns fee. I change cases too frequently to be popping off the lens protector when I use this specific case, and I prefer to keep the lens protector due to a very close call a few weeks ago. It's not that special of a case, compared to my other cases, to deserve that extra treatment. Not to mention, my Nomads and Decodeds might get jealous (although the Otterboxes are pretty laid-back)!

Enough with the novel, here's a couple of pics:

Attachments

• PD_Sun_02.jpg
    PD_Sun_02.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 73
  • PD_Sun_03.jpg
    PD_Sun_03.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 74
  • PD_Sun_04.jpg
    PD_Sun_04.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 80
  • PD_Sun_01.jpg
    PD_Sun_01.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 81
  • PD_Sun_05.jpg
    PD_Sun_05.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 82

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The Synthesis feels too rough to me (actually just sent mine back to Caudabe today). I prefer the softer/smoother surface of the Mous. There’s really no right or wrong when it comes to this, it’s purely personal preference.

Edit: How do you like the buttons?
Yep no right or wrong.

The button on the 5.0 are very very good IMO.

At work and running the Mous. I much prefer the Synthesis in the hand. Although I think the Mous is same dimensions, the Synthesis feels slimmer and much much much better gripage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmyone and Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.