Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Still great. I had zero fitment or button issues with the black version compared to the grey version. My only complaint is that the action button is the same size and shape as the volume buttons, so it's not immediately identifying which button is which. I've gotten used to it.

The fit is tight but maybe not as super tight like the Sheath or Synthesis. That does make it easier to take off which is nice for me because I switch cases once or twice a week. The material of the Zagg is softer and more flexible than the Sheath so the sides will pull away a little bit if you make a concerted effort to do that.

I prefer the texture of the TPU of the Zagg to the Sheath. It's still rough but due to the softer material it feels better to hold. It reminds me a lot of the texture on the Mous but it doesn't feel plastiky/hard.

The magnet strength is extremely strong. It'll pick up the Nomad Stand One I use on my desk and bedside table.
Did you already post how much the case weighs?

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Blue Otterbox Symmetry on Natural Titanium :)

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 156

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I’m sending back the Mous leather case because 1) I’m getting the bullstrap leather case that feels MUCH better in the leather quality, 2) amazon is having their Black Friday sale, and 3) I’m going to get the aramid fiber case.

for those who have the aramid Mous, can you feel the texture of the aramid on the back, or is it smooth?

I’d happily swap my aramid for your leather, not in or around London are you…big ask but you never know?

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Beautiful! Mine is waiting for me at home, but I'm stuck at the office. How are you liking it? Does it feel bulky? Slippery?
My first thought, switching from the Sheath, was the weight difference. Lighter than Sheath. The buttons are nice and clicky. Laying both flat on the table, it’s about the same thickness, but the Symmetry is thicker along the edges. The back is a hard plastic with very slight texture. Sides are a different, softer plastic. Not as grippy as Sheath ofc but not slippery like my clear Alphex. Snappy fit, yet easy to take off. I quite like it!

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
My first thought, switching from the Sheath, was the weight difference. Lighter than Sheath. The buttons are nice and clicky. Laying both flat on the table, it’s about the same thickness, but the Symmetry is thicker along the edges. The back is a hard plastic with very slight texture. Sides are a different, softer plastic. Not as grippy as Sheath ofc but not slippery like my clear Alphex. Snappy fit, yet easy to take off. I quite like it!
Sweet, sounds solid! Can't wait to get home and try mine. Hopefully it doesn't feel too bulky for my liking 😝

Reactions: off2marz

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I’d happily swap my aramid for your leather, not in or around London are you…big ask but you never know?
I’m not....I’m in Texas

How can the sides not be as grippy as the aramid version? Looks like the same pattern?
it is the same pattern, but on the aramid the pattern is more aggressive/raised up and provide more grip. the frost feels like the aramid, but the pattern worn down a little bit.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Here are some photos…

Attachments

• IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: psp123

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
How can the sides not be as grippy as the aramid version? Looks like the same pattern?

I just broke down and ordered one as I'm sick of waiting for the buttons/camera rings :(
I think the Aramid (and Crystal) versions have a glossier rubber on the sides? At least they did in the past. The frosted is matte, so it is somewhat different. Of course I am comparing this year's frost to older PR cases so I may be spewing nonsense.

Reactions: Hooterville

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
I’m curious, can you feel the grain of the bamboo? Or does it have a smooth finish?
Smooth finish
Did you ever get that neon orange Popsocket top?
Can you post a pic of it?
Got it yesterday, actually. Will get a pic later. It doesn't seem to really match any of my orange cases, sadly, but I'll have to mess around with it more.

Also have the lighter "Sherbert Sunset" or whatever it's called on back-order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.