Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Finally got ahold of a frost. It’s a shame they aren’t using the same stuff for the sides That the rebel is using. This is no where near as grippy.

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2764.jpeg
    IMG_2764.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2762.jpeg
    IMG_2762.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2763.jpeg
    IMG_2763.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 106

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Bare Case new leather finally arrived. This is the Bare Skin in tortora color. So far, I love it! The leather feels really nice and the buttons are pretty as well!

Attachments

• PXL_20231120_174720570_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20231120_174720570_Original.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 115
  • PXL_20231120_174711849_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20231120_174711849_Original.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 114
  • PXL_20231120_174705589_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20231120_174705589_Original.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20231120_174729099_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20231120_174729099_Original.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 109
  • PXL_20231120_175155403_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20231120_175155403_Original.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 116

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012
Finally got ahold of a frost. It’s a shame they aren’t using the same stuff for the sides That the rebel is using. This is no where near as grippy.
I am so jealous that you even have yours! HORRIBLE USPS lost mine and I paid priority shipping! For now just rocking my trusty OtterBox symmetry.

Reactions: Itsedstech

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I succumbed to the BF sale on Amazon and picked up (another) Mous in aramid for 15PM. Love this case.

When they were first available I picked up two of these aramid versions and they both had the popping sound @TechnicallyTee demonstrated in his review, as well as overly loose/sensitive buttons. I spoke with a Mous rep and they told me they were in the process of replacing the defective stock on Amazon. They've either done that or the defective cases have sold through because this one is perfect. Tight fit, no gaps or popping, and the buttons are amazing, the most tactile I've experienced yet with zero wobble or rattle. Currently a happy camper.

DSCF2436.jpeg

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I succumbed to the BF sale on Amazon and picked up (another) Mous in aramid for 15PM. Love this case.

When they were first available I picked up two of these aramid versions and they both had the popping sound @TechnicallyTee demonstrated in his review, as well as overly loose/sensitive buttons. I spoke with a Mous rep and they told me they were in the process of replacing the defective stock on Amazon. They've either done that or the defective cases have sold through because this one is perfect. Tight fit, no gaps or popping, and the buttons are amazing, the most tactile I've experienced yet with zero wobble or rattle. Currently a happy camper.

View attachment 2315299
My limitless 5.0 in aramid is out for delivery. The aramid looks good, hope I like it.

Reactions: Zensō

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
The Mous dropping to just under $50 is the price point it should be sold at.

I quite liked the Aramid version I tried out for a week or so. It felt great (albeit hard plasticky) and looked good. However, I felt it just cost way too much. I also didn't need two Aramid backed cases when the Spigen Enzo felt much more premium for half the price.

The leather version for a little under $50 sure is tempting though. I already have too many cases already so I'm trying very hard to not impulse buy it.

In my opinion no, its a great case, would be even better if the back edges were rounded.

if you can put up with some smudges the carbon back feel nice and has good grip

I’m sending back the Mous leather case because 1) I’m getting the bullstrap leather case that feels MUCH better in the leather quality, 2) amazon is having their Black Friday sale, and 3) I’m going to get the aramid fiber case.

for those who have the aramid Mous, can you feel the texture of the aramid on the back, or is it smooth?

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
Still liking the London Snap? Anything annoying that’s popped up about it?
Still great. I had zero fitment or button issues with the black version compared to the grey version. My only complaint is that the action button is the same size and shape as the volume buttons, so it's not immediately identifying which button is which. I've gotten used to it.

On the London, how's the fit to the phone, is it comparable to the sheath? How is the magnet strength? I keep seeing it at Best Buy, and it has peaked my curiosity
The fit is tight but maybe not as super tight like the Sheath or Synthesis. That does make it easier to take off which is nice for me because I switch cases once or twice a week. The material of the Zagg is softer and more flexible than the Sheath so the sides will pull away a little bit if you make a concerted effort to do that.

I prefer the texture of the TPU of the Zagg to the Sheath. It's still rough but due to the softer material it feels better to hold. It reminds me a lot of the texture on the Mous but it doesn't feel plastiky/hard.

The magnet strength is extremely strong. It'll pick up the Nomad Stand One I use on my desk and bedside table.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Coastal Rock Sport Case by Nomad. Sneaky excellent. Checks all the boxes for me. Thin, light, but protective. Grip and and MagSafe monster. Best buttons I've tested to date.

6m8PVcR.jpg

I like this case a lot. Only downsides I've heard are the back shows scratches clearly when it picks them up (there's a white plastic layer underneath the shiny side).

Did you consider picking up the matching 49mm Coastal Rock Apple Watch band?

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Hopefully the side grips are grippy. I love the side gripage on my Caudabe Synthesis.
for me the sides are good. def not as grippy as the synthesis, but not slippery like previous mous cases have been. I ordered the limitless case for my 13PM and never used it once because it literally would slip out of my hands.

Reactions: macher

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Still great. I had zero fitment or button issues with the black version compared to the grey version. My only complaint is that the action button is the same size and shape as the volume buttons, so it's not immediately identifying which button is which. I've gotten used to it.

The fit is tight but maybe not as super tight like the Sheath or Synthesis. That does make it easier to take off which is nice for me because I switch cases once or twice a week. The material of the Zagg is softer and more flexible than the Sheath so the sides will pull away a little bit if you make a concerted effort to do that.

I prefer the texture of the TPU of the Zagg to the Sheath. It's still rough but due to the softer material it feels better to hold. It reminds me a lot of the texture on the Mous but it doesn't feel plastiky/hard.

The magnet strength is extremely strong. It'll pick up the Nomad Stand One I use on my desk and bedside table.
Thank you

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
for me the sides are good. def not as grippy as the synthesis, but not slippery like previous mous cases have been. I ordered the limitless case for my 13PM and never used it once because it literally would slip out of my hands.
I had the Benks pro and returned it because it was like bar of soap.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
How can the sides not be as grippy as the aramid version? Looks like the same pattern?

I just broke down and ordered one as I'm sick of waiting for the buttons/camera rings :(

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
How can the sides not be as grippy as the aramid version? Looks like the same pattern?

I just broke down and ordered one as I'm sick of waiting for the buttons/camera rings :(
I’d say buttons/camera rings don’t drop till Black Friday or the day after once people already have orders in. Patterns the same but the material feels different. Don’t know how to explain it. It even states on the website the sides are different

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I’d say buttons/camera rings don’t drop till Black Friday or the day after once people already have orders in. Patterns the same but the material feels different. Don’t know how to explain it. It even states on the website the sides are different
You like it better than the aramid one?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012

View attachment 2315299
You like the aramid better than the wood?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
You like the aramid better than the wood?
The aramid shows more fingerprints, but between these particular two cases that I have the buttons are better on the aramid. I’d say I enjoy both equally and it’s nice to have the option to switch up the look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.