Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Been using the Benks Armor Pro for a day or two. Sadly it will be going back. I guess I’m just not cut out for Aramid Fiber as much as I want to be, I love the look but I just can’t handle my case looking all smudged up. Also the feel of Aramid Fiber isn’t for me, I like the feel of leather or plastic better I guess. Oh well, was nice while it lasted.

I had the Benks pro too and sent it back. It was slippery like a bar of soap.

I like the feel of my Caudabe Synthesis. The back has some texture and the side matrix grips are amazingly grippy.

I ordered the Mous Limitless 5.0 in Aramid. I like the concept of Mous. However I don’t like their back offerings. So the closest to plain jane was the aramid. I’m not a huge fan of aramid because of the Benks. But the Benks had no grip which is important to me. The Mous has grip on the sides so I’m hoping it will work out. The Mous will be arriving tomorrow.

I actually prefer one piece plastic or TPU cases like Caudabe or Speck.

Last edited:

gusto5

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2006
Canada
How are the Spigen cases quality and durability?
Quality and durability on the cases is great, and such good value!

I’ve been using Spigen casss on my two previous phones (Galaxy S8 and iPhone 8), also looking solid on family members Pixel 6 and 7 Pros

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Quality and durability on the cases is great, and such good value!

I’ve been using Spigen casss on my two previous phones (Galaxy S8 and iPhone 8), also looking solid on family members Pixel 6 and 7 Pros
Yea Amazon prices are amazing. I really have my eye on this case.

Spigen Magnetic Mag Armor MagFit Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case, [Military-Grade Protection] Compatible with MagSafe (2023) - Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5S6THJ5?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_8GAJZ156EE1MJKDWZR5B&language=en-US

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
The Mous dropping to just under $50 is the price point it should be sold at.

I quite liked the Aramid version I tried out for a week or so. It felt great (albeit hard plasticky) and looked good. However, I felt it just cost way too much. I also didn't need two Aramid backed cases when the Spigen Enzo felt much more premium for half the price.

The leather version for a little under $50 sure is tempting though. I already have too many cases already so I'm trying very hard to not impulse buy it.

Reactions: SweetLou122

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The Mous dropping to just under $50 is the price point it should be sold at.

I quite liked the Aramid version I tried out for a week or so. It felt great (albeit hard plasticky) and looked good. However, I felt it just cost way too much. I also didn't need two Aramid backed cases when the Spigen Enzo felt much more premium for half the price.

The leather version for a little under $50 sure is tempting though. I already have too many cases already so I'm trying very hard to not impulse buy it.
Yea I got the aramid version for $51.99 on Amazon.

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
This looks so sexy but I just don’t understand why they feel the need to leave the bottom open… this ain’t the iPhone 11 anymore!
I was weighing that dilemma against Nomad’s inaccurate cutouts. As much as I love Nomad’s buttons I went with Bullstrap this time around.

It looks so good! I haven’t heard anything about my order other than order confirmed. I ordered a Dune for Pro & Bourbon for PM.
Hopefully soon! I also considered the Bourbon as well ha

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
It was slippery like a bar of soap.

*shudders*

I can relate with the overall theme, though. I participate in this thread because I enjoy the art and design skills that go in to making some of these top seller cases.

I typically try to buy no more than five cases for each phone. Every year prior to this I've settled into an Apple leather case until the next release but we're about mid-cycle and I’ve just switched over to silicone.

All that said I still enjoy reading about people’s experiences and the photos they share of their new accessory.

Last edited:

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Depends, on a normal day I‘m using no case, because I‘m in the office or work from home. On the other days I’m using the Decoded leather case in black.
I feel with all the chat about some of these other cases, the black leather Decoded has slipped under the radar. It’s in my rotation of 3 cases, but 3 weeks in, it’s slowly becoming my daily because it’s just a real nice case. My AliEx silicones are great when I’m at the gym, or running about with my children, but this is a proper nice case.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
How are the Spigen cases quality and durability?
Been using Spigen cases since the iPhone 8 series, i think they’re one of the best brands, good quality and good prices. I have the Ultra Hybrid Zero One case in my case rotation at the moment. Looking to get the new Style Armour when it’s available here in the UK.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
3 new cases delivered today:

Mous Limitless 5.0 in black leather - not as bulky as 13PM Limitless case, has a good texture on the sides so not too slippery, back doesn't feel like real leather, might be "genuine leather" instead. my fingers dont get much traction on it, but not a dealbreaker. I’m considering keeping the case as my "protective" case, MagSafe feels weak, but GREAT button feel, very clicky and responsive. seems to add a little bulk to the phone compared to the PR G5 which feels thinner in the hand.

PhoneRebel Frosted Gen5 - very similar to the aramid version of the case, except my specimen has 1) less aggressive texture on the sides when compared to what the aramid had and 2) plastic back seems to stick to my fingers when holding w/o my thumb (think of just resting it on your finger tips). MagSafe stronk. I liked the aramid case and sent it back only because I already had the Benks case. TBH Benks might be going back..... I also think I want to compare the ghost case to this one and see what I think

Apple Silicon - physically the thinnest case of them all; mous feels a hair taller because of the curve, in reality the apple silicon is probably 1mm thinner than the PR, but you can def tell when they are side by side. MagSafe strength feels average, not as stronk as the PR, closer to the Mous MagSafe strength. I really enjoy how smooth and soft the sides feel. button presses are average. might keep this one as my thin case. id like to try out the Pitaka non-pro case to see how I like it as a thin case, I used to use it on my 12PM phone

I looked back at my amazon purchases and my "thin case" for my 13PM was the spigen MagSafe armor. very minimal protection, but great feel in the hand for a thin case.

Citizen45

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2022
Smartish Gripmunk vs Caudabe Sheath, which would you guys go with?

I have a Gripmunk for my iPhone 13 and it's been great. Only small issue would be that it's a bit bulky.

However, it's much cheaper than the Sheath.

Sheath looks a bit slimmer but unsure if it's worth the extra money.

Thoughts?

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015

I have a Gripmunk for my iPhone 13 and it's been great. Only small issue would be that it's a bit bulky.

Thoughts?
I would do Sheath personally. I tried the gripmunk and I didnt like how bulky it felt.

Reactions: Citizen45

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Mous Limitless 5.0 in black leather - not as bulky as 13PM Limitless case, has a good texture on the sides so not too slippery, back doesn't feel like real leather, might be "genuine leather" instead. my fingers dont get much traction on it, but not a dealbreaker. I’m considering keeping the case as my "protective" case, MagSafe feels weak, but GREAT button feel, very clicky and responsive. seems to add a little bulk to the phone compared to the PR G5 which feels thinner in the hand.
if you can put up with some smudges the carbon back feel nice and has good grip

Reactions: macher

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Just ordered the real tree for 28 buckeroos… about to assemble me a good old fashion HOOTERBOX!

My favorite case for sure. Trying to figure out what other color Symmetry would look good with the Real Tree buttons?

The brown was not so hot, what about the green with orange buttons?

Reactions: Joe123Joe

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

Thoughts?
The gripmunk is close in size to the Synthesis, almost identical but lighter. It’s closer to the Apple silicone in weight. Didn’t feel bulky at all and more comfortable to hold than the synthesis. I think the sheath has similar material.

Reactions: Citizen45

370zulu

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2014
OtterBox iPhone 15 Pro Defender Series XT Clear Case - DARK SIDE (Black/Clear)

I wanted my phone to last as long as it can. I'm not abusive or clumsy, but one never knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.