Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Smartish Gripmunk vs Caudabe Sheath, which would you guys go with?

I have a Gripmunk for my iPhone 13 and it's been great. Only small issue would be that it's a bit bulky.

However, it's much cheaper than the Sheath.

Sheath looks a bit slimmer but unsure if it's worth the extra money.

Thoughts?
I haven’t had the gripmunk, I do have the sheath. From product photos, looks like the Sheaths texture is more pronounced than gripmunk, and it’s also around the entire case (except for the bottom, nice for the pinky). Personally, I really like the texture. It does add a little bit of weight ofc when compared to the naked phone, but it’s not so bad imo. It also has chamfered edges around the screen which is nice.

Anyway, if you decide to go for it try promo codes: “SAVE35VIP” or “SORRY30”

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Unfortunately I don’t see Nomad in Amazon here in the US.

But I got a black modern due to arrive on Wednesday lol
Yeah I usually get black, seeing as I got a Nat tit max got brown for a change, Mrs has a brown folio and I always like how it looks, was only $17AUD off.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
What’s everyone’s most comfortable case? Nicest to hold for long periods of time… I noticed that most cases start to irritate my pinky after a while except for a small few. The Aspen does not, the Defender XT (due to the charger port cover) and the OtterBox symmetry is also comfortable. The sheath and synthesis start to feel like sand paper after using all day long. So what’s the most comfortable in hand?

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
What’s everyone’s most comfortable case? Nicest to hold for long periods of time… I noticed that most cases start to irritate my pinky after a while except for a small few. The Aspen does not, the Defender XT (due to the charger port cover) and the OtterBox symmetry is also comfortable. The sheath and synthesis start to feel like sand paper after using all day long. So what’s the most comfortable in hand?
My top three are the Zagg Landon Snap, followed by Caudabe Sheath, then YMW Nappa leather. Those three are particularly good for pinky comfort. Honestly all three are interchangeably good. Not to discount Apple's silicone, Spigen Enzo Aramid, and Torras Magnetic Shockproof which are also good.

The only case I've kept that I can feel a sharp edge on the bottom, particularly around the hole for the USB-C port, with my pinky is the Otterbox Lumen. It's downright uncomfortable however it get's a pass because of how pretty it is. I have to remember to hold my pinky off to the sides by the speaker hole openings and it's fine.

Reactions: off2marz

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

My Caudabe Synthesis is very comfortable for me. Nice and comfortable on my pinky shelf and the back has just enough texture where it’s satisfying. The matrix grips what makes this case a great case for me.

Last edited:

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
My top three are the Zagg Landon Snap, followed by Caudabe Sheath, then YMW Nappa leather. Those three are particularly good for pinky comfort. Honestly all three are interchangeably good. Not to discount Apple's silicone, Spigen Enzo Aramid, and Torras Magnetic Shockproof which are also good.

The only case I've kept that I can feel a sharp edge on the bottom, particularly around the hole for the USB-C port, with my pinky is the Otterbox Lumen. It's downright uncomfortable however it get's a pass because of how pretty it is. I have to remember to hold my pinky off to the sides by the speaker hole openings and it's fine.
Still liking the London Snap? Anything annoying that’s popped up about it?

Reactions: macher

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs

On the London, how's the fit to the phone, is it comparable to the sheath? How is the magnet strength? I keep seeing it at Best Buy, and it has peaked my curiosity

Reactions: Jimmyone

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Anyone waiting for the updated, less scratch prone dbrand Ghost case better be patient....

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 11.12.08.png

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Coastal Rock Sport Case by Nomad. Sneaky excellent. Checks all the boxes for me. Thin, light, but protective. Grip and and MagSafe monster. Best buttons I've tested to date.

6m8PVcR.jpg

DUrjjEl.jpg

63NZ6my.jpg
How does the Nomad Sport feel if you rest the phone on your pinky? I seem to suffer with cases hurting my pinky a lot.
Yea Amazon prices are amazing. I really have my eye on this case.

Spigen Magnetic Mag Armor MagFit Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case, [Military-Grade Protection] Compatible with MagSafe (2023) - Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5S6THJ5?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_8GAJZ156EE1MJKDWZR5B&language=en-US
I have that case (in the blue), it's superb. I've tried a LOT of cases since getting my 15 Pro, this one was about the first I ordered thinking it would be a reasonably priced 'placeholder' until I settled on something else, but I keep on coming back to it. It's on my phone right now.

Reactions: macher and Mr.C

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
How does the Nomad Sport feel if you rest the phone on your pinky? I seem to suffer with cases hurting my pinky a lot.

I have that case (in the blue), it's superb. I've tried a LOT of cases since getting my 15 Pro, this one was about the first I ordered thinking it would be a reasonably priced 'placeholder' until I settled on something else, but I keep on coming back to it. It's on my phone right now.
Does the Mag armor get flimsy over time? I like it because it looks like a lighter weight case for when I want something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.