Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Anyone interested in a Casetify case might want to take a look at this. Have not purchased anything from them but now certainly will not in the future. Glad I purchased my teardown skin directly from the legitimate source.

TL;DR - JerryRigEverything, who makes teardown designs often with official collaboration with dbrand is filing suit against casteify for copyright infringement. Their "inside out" designs appear to contain a fair amount of easter eggs JRE/db include in their designs.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Anyone interested in a Casetify case might want to take a look at this. Have not purchased anything from them but now certainly will not in the future. Glad I purchased my teardown skin directly from the legitimate source.

TL;DR - JerryRigEverything, who makes teardown designs often with official collaboration with dbrand is filing suit against casteify for copyright infringement. Their "inside out" designs appear to contain a fair amount of easter eggs JRE/db include in their designs.
It’s mind boggling that a company the size of Casetify would pull something like this. It appears Dbrand and JRE caught them red handed.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
My strange Pitaka experience. Got the MagEZ for 15 Pro Max and it turned up with the paper creased. Looked like it’d been opened although the case in perfect condition. Complained to Amazon who told me to keep the case and they’d refund, so free case! That was picture 1.

Then today I got the Pitaka MagEZ Pro. Again, looked like it’d been opened and the case was placed the wrong way in the box! Case also in perfect condition.
361a0345f91bae040c13db7f0ba1b66c.dng

This time Amazon refunded me £10. Second picture.

So, all in all it’s cost me £40 for the 2 cases. Strange…..
c3af337d60a7f3897c48d54f4154481c.dng

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019

Damn ! I wish I saw this two days ago ..I have a case on order which I won’t be able to cancel

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
My strange Pitaka experience. Got the MagEZ for 15 Pro Max and it turned up with the paper creased. Looked like it’d been opened although the case in perfect condition. Complained to Amazon who told me to keep the case and they’d refund, so free case! That was picture 1.

Then today I got the Pitaka MagEZ Pro. Again, looked like it’d been opened and the case was placed the wrong way in the box! Case also in perfect condition.
This time Amazon refunded me £10. Second picture.

So, all in all it’s cost me £40 for the 2 cases. Strange…..

I mean, sounds like you got a bargain but why complain about a piece of creased paper you're just going to put back in the box or throw away? It doesn't affect the case or the value whatsoever. Same with the second box, why is the case being the wrong way round in the box an issue if it's in perfect condition?

Fair enough if the case was dirty or damaged, but both of them are in perfect condition. Too picky dude.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I mean, sounds like you got a bargain but why complain about a piece of creased paper you're just going to put back in the box or throw away? It doesn't affect the case or the value whatsoever. Same with the second box, why is the case being the wrong way round in the box an issue if it's in perfect condition?

Fair enough if the case was dirty or damaged, but both of them are in perfect condition. Too picky dude.

Yea I’ve ordered from Amazon like new and usually the package is messed up but the case is like it’s new.

Reactions: ISignedUpToAskThis

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

Well, all turned out OK but the point being is buying what is in effect a second hand case for full price. I got a good deal and am happy but not if I'd paid full price. I mean, would you be happy paying full price for something someone else had used, even if in perfect condition?

Reactions: Maz39 and Zensō

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Well, all turned out OK but the point being is buying what is in effect a second hand case for full price. I got a good deal and am happy but not if I'd paid full price. I mean, would you be happy paying full price for something someone else had used, even if in perfect condition?
If it's in perfect i.e. as new condition then to me it wouldn't matter at all if someone had used it as I wouldn't be able to tell. It's most likely someone just opened it and changed their mind.

When you see how picky some people are in this thread with the actual cases (e.g. very minor factory defects) I'd just be happy to get a case that was flaw-free.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I have the Mous but although it has grip sides not enough grip. The Phone Rebel looks to have the grip I’m looking for. How’s the grip on the PR vs the Mous? Thanks!
Grip on the aramid PR is great, frosted PR feels a little more worn down, and Mous has the least amount of grip but still acceptable to me.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Just picked up a Rebel and Frosted with the current sale, hopefully my case journey is over!

Just bitter the Rebel was only 15% off instead of the usual 20% off sale. He must have too much manufacturing debt to pay for all these custom pieces everyones waiting on 🤣

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Think I prefer the MagEZ 4 than the Pro. The Pro feels sticky in the hand and more prone to fingerprints.
I didn’t like the Pro at all because of the sharp corners. I ordered the non pro today since I loved my Air case in previous years

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
if I had to get a aramid fiber case, I think the Benks would be at the top for me. PR was nice too. Receiving the Pitaka non pro and Mous aramid soon

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
if I had to get a aramid fiber case, I think the Benks would be at the top for me. PR was nice too. Receiving the Pitaka non pro and Mous aramid soon
Had the Benks pro that I test drove for a week. Too slippery like a wet bar of soap, ended up returning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.