Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Had the Benks pro that I test drove for a week. Too slippery like a wet bar of soap, ended up returning.
Test driving the Spigen Enzo at the moment due to Amazon’s sale, and it’s very similar to the Benks pro (returned it). It slipped right out of my pocket when I went for a drive yesterday 🤦‍♂️. Hoping the PR grip is enough for me, as I need an aramid fix.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
What's a good case to take to Bali for a few weeks, had a Lifeproof fre last time but won't use in water this time, just something to abuse a bit and more drop proof lol, not sure my FW will take it.
Was thinking black symmetry?

edit. got a black symmetry for near $20AUD off, should do.

Last edited:

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Reactions: Hooterville

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Clay and Cypress Apple Silicone discounted now, but not as low as the other colors for 15PM

Attachments

• CleanShot 2023-11-23 at 22.51.36@2x.png
    CleanShot 2023-11-23 at 22.51.36@2x.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 82

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
benks isnt as good this year, phone rebel is amazng and the mous limitless has a fitment issue where it clicks if you squeeze it to tight
I tried the Benks pro and the Mous limitless both aramid fiber. Although Benks, Mous and Phone Rebel are aramid fiber IMO you can’t compare the Benks to the Mous and Phone Rebel because they are different protection classes per se with Mous and Phone Rebel being a lot more protective than the Benks.

The fitment issue with the Mous was only for the Max. According to some info Mous was aware and fixed the issue and sent the fixed cases to Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I've been looking for a lens-less camera protector to prevent dust build up, what is that one called? I found one from Mothca that has a matching blue titanium cover so wondering if yours is the same brand that'll fit my Mous

These are the ones I have on my phone now and they work perfect:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG864ZTT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I usually use the Ringke but the fit was sloppy this year.

Also have the Mothca in black titanium and they look perfect but have not tried them yet.

Here is a pic of the black (left) 2 for $8.99 ones and the black titanium (right) Mothca side by side.

pro02.jpg

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
These are the ones I have on my phone now and they work perfect:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG864ZTT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I usually use the Ringke but the fit was sloppy this year.

Also have the Mothca in black titanium and they look perfect but have not tried them yet.

Here is a pic of the black (left) 2 for $8.99 ones and the black titanium (right) Mothca side by side.

View attachment 2316291

Looks like they just fit the camera area not the lens?

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Well I picked up the $19.00 Otterbox Defender Black Friday deal from Walmart and I had forgotten how much I love the quality and feel of the defender.

The the case clip turns into a stand to allow landscape viewing. 😊

Ps. It’s not MagSafe compatible.

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Well I picked up the $19.00 Otterbox Defender Black Friday deal from Walmart and I had forgotten how much I love the quality and feel of the defender.

The the case clip the turns into the stand. 😊

Ps. It’s not MagSafe compatible.
Just picked one up myself. Guess the blue one is not on sale for $19. like it was last year.

• Love
Reactions: ZebraDude

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Yea I hate trying to clean in between the lenses! How does the protector adhere to the lens area?
Strong 3M tape on the back. Last year I used the Ringke ones, same 3M tape and I dropped my phone at Walmart (Symmetry case) and the protector flew off and landed sticky side down on there dirty floor. It was nearly impossible to get off the Walmart floor and ruined as it had tons of crap stuck on the back.

These will fly right off the phone if dropped but are pretty hard to get off the phone when you try to remove it.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.