Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Damn dude, have to say you have great taste in cases. Saw you post the Natural Ti with Gray Synthesis - bought one myself just from those pics. Then saw the Coastal Rock pic you posted, looked great, and now this looks awesome.

The only other case I've been tempted by is the Otterbox Symmetry in Blue which a couple of people have posted recently.
I would of got the blue symmetry if it was black around the front, prefer all black front.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Do you have the Pro or Pro Max? Do you know the weight of this case?

Pro Max..not sure the weight but it's quite on par with Apple silicone lightness..very impressed
How’s the PS portal?? I’ve been tempted to get one

For $200 it's a steal if you understand what it's meant for. Love it so far.

Damn dude, have to say you have great taste in cases. Saw you post the Natural Ti with Gray Synthesis - bought one myself just from those pics. Then saw the Coastal Rock pic you posted, looked great, and now this looks awesome.

The only other case I've been tempted by is the Otterbox Symmetry in Blue which a couple of people have posted recently.

Thanks man, appreciate that. Both Nomad sport cases are easily in my top 5 cases this year and at the Black Friday prices, it's a no brainer. Otterbox is great, but a little chunky for my taste.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Pro Max..not sure the weight but it's quite on par with Apple silicone lightness..very impressed

For $200 it's a steal if you understand what it's meant for. Love it so far.

Thanks man, appreciate that. Both Nomad sport cases are easily in my top 5 cases this year and at the Black Friday prices, it's a no brainer. Otterbox is great, but a little chunky for my taste.
Does the Sport get all scratched up on the back? Wish they would make the sport case back the same as the rugged.

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
removed my pr frost case today to get back in the blue vaja and the alignment magnet stuck to the back of my phone. kinda disappointed. it’s also a b!7ch to get it back in the slot. most likely done with it.
Haven't even tried mine yet. Phone Rebel sending you a replacement?
Bet that case is one hard sucker to get off the phone?

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Haven't even tried mine yet. Phone Rebel sending you a replacement?
Bet that case is one hard sucker to get off the phone?
haven’t contacted pr yet. i’m not worried, never had any problems with their cs. yup, the removal process took some time. not impossible like some others.

Reactions: Hooterville

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Same! Had the phone rebel and returned it for another symmetry. It’s just the best all around case in my opinion. But, just picked up the commuter with MagSafe from Best Buy. $27 Black Friday special, like the usb c port cover and a little extra protection.
I ran the OG Commuter years ago.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Same! Had the phone rebel and returned it for another symmetry. It’s just the best all around case in my opinion. But, just picked up the commuter with MagSafe from Best Buy. $27 Black Friday special, like the usb c port cover and a little extra protection.
I need to get over to Best Buy for a Magsafe commuter myself. Is the sale still on tomorrow?

Reactions: Delorean2006

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Phone Rebel Frosted, what color button set will look the best with this case?
Have ultra orange, matte black and matte silver on the way.

Really want to put the orange set on my aramid fiber case.

fadeout

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2023
I ordered it and returned it immediately it has the same soft touch feeling of the torras cases (which just always feel greasy to me) that I couldn’t stand. It also has that weird click in piece that the C1 version has which I don’t want to be fiddling around with every time I change a case. But other than that buttons were good, seemed pretty stiff, and the shape had no hot spots on it for the pinky.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I’m considering sending back the PR frost case. The grip texture feels so different than the aramid case and I’m not sure I like it. Pretty sure I’m going to keep the Apple silicon, Bullstrap that arrived today, and aramid Mous.

I’ve been surprised that I like the Apple silicon so much. I reach for it more than any other case at the moment. After watching a lot of reviews on the Dbrand ghost case (not even caring about the scratching issue), I don’t think it’s the case for me.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
These are the ones I have on my phone now and they work perfect:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG864ZTT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I usually use the Ringke but the fit was sloppy this year.

Also have the Mothca in black titanium and they look perfect but have not tried them yet.

Here is a pic of the black (left) 2 for $8.99 ones and the black titanium (right) Mothca side by side.

View attachment 2316291
Much appreciated, someone linked the Mothca fitting Mous so I'll go for the color matching one they have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.