Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I’ve been checking about the leather case in rustic brown. It’s the same thing as the Sport!
I considered Nomad’s black leather, but I need to slow my roll when it comes to buying cases.. I’ll probably have this phone for another 3 years so I’ll save it for another time. I like how their TPU sides and buttons look.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I considered Nomad’s black leather, but I need to slow my roll when it comes to buying cases.. I’ll probably have this phone for another 3 years so I’ll save it for another time. I like how their TPU sides and buttons look.
I like the English tan.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
HOOTERBOX 2.0 o_Oo_O

go01.jpg
go02.jpg
go03.jpg
go04.jpg
go05.jpg
go06.jpg
go07.jpg
go08.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Same case except the back is leather. I can’t find any other differences between the Leather and the Sport.

Oh gotcha, well the sport case is much more form fitted to the phone with slimmer edges compared to the leather. So the phone doesn't feel as wide like the leather case makes the phone feel. I prefer the sport case all day over the leather.

Plus the cutouts are way better on the sport case

WEcCrX2.jpg

Leather on top

VMTGcav.jpg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Mous 5.0 in black leather. IMO the best looking Mous case out of the bunch.

I will be putting in an exchange with Amazon as the leather is a little wonky in the upper right hand corner and I can see the MagSafe indentation through the leather. Hard to see in the pics but trust me it's there.

This one is a keeper once I get a perfect one ;)

lm01.jpg

lm02.jpg
lm03.jpg
lm04.jpg
lm05.jpg
lm06.jpg
lm07.jpg
lm08.jpg

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

I will be putting in an exchange with Amazon as the leather is a little wonky in the upper right hand corner and I can see the MagSafe indentation through the leather. Hard to see in the pics but trust me it's there.

View attachment 2316768
View attachment 2316774 View attachment 2316777 View attachment 2316778 View attachment 2316779 View attachment 2316781 View attachment 2316783 View attachment 2316784
Looks great! I'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to add a leather to my aramid and walnut collection.

Reactions: Hooterville

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Oh gotcha, well the sport case is much more form fitted to the phone with slimmer edges compared to the leather. So the phone doesn't feel as wide like the leather case makes the phone feel. I prefer the sport case all day over the leather.

WEcCrX2.jpg

Leather on top

VMTGcav.jpg
It's funny that they went half way to fixing the cutouts but still left them symmetrical.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Question for those of you that are more tech savvy than me, which is prob most of you lol… when I save this thread to my favorites on my iPhone it brings me to whatever page I made the favorite from. Is there a way to set it up to bring me to the most current page?

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
So I got my "Gray Geo" in today that I ordered direct from Zagg, since they were the only ones who briefly had it in stock for the 15 Pro Max.
Put it on the phone - and I get the same deal. None of the buttons work! Are you kidding me?
So I put the Zagg London Snap "Gray Geo" back on the phone to see how it was doing, and the buttons (that I had temporarily fixed) don't work again. GRRRRR.... what's different about the gray as opposed to the (flawless) black?

Ordered one from Amazon to see if it's any different.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Question for those of you that are more tech savvy than me, which is prob most of you lol… when I save this thread to my favorites on my iPhone it brings me to whatever page I made the favorite from. Is there a way to set it up to bring me to the most current page?
Just save the overall accessories page: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/iphone-accessories.108/

Then when you load it up, this thread is pinned to the top. Click it, and it will take you to where you left off.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’ve been surprised that I like the Apple silicon so much. I reach for it more than any other case at the moment. After watching a lot of reviews on the Dbrand ghost case (not even caring about the scratching issue), I don’t think it’s the case for me.

Same. I’ve been using the Midnight silicone case for about a week and have really been enjoying the change. Previous daily driver was the Ink leather.

WEcCrX2.jpg

Leather on top

VMTGcav.jpg

That actually looks like a nice departure from my least favorite feature of the Modern Leather I had. Are the buttons the same as what’s on their leather case?

Take a sharpie to that awful white branding 🤮

They should probably wait until they get one that meets their expectations.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
View attachment 2316826

Pitaka case just arrived. LOVE IT. The texture of the aramid fiber isn’t smooth and does provide grip and some drop/scratch protection. Fits very well, comfortable to hold…I think this one is a keeper!
Very nice!!

Pitaka needs to expand their line to include more of these colors & patterns in their popular full cover versions where all of the aramid competition looks similar in basic black... at least they offer the blue as well now.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017

View attachment 2316768
View attachment 2316774 View attachment 2316777 View attachment 2316778 View attachment 2316779 View attachment 2316781 View attachment 2316783 View attachment 2316784
The Mous does not feel good in the hands...I find the corners too sharp.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Same. I’ve been using the Midnight silicone case for about a week and have really been enjoying the change. Previous daily driver was the Ink leather.

That actually looks like a nice departure from my least favorite feature of the Modern Leather I had. Are the buttons the same as what’s on their leather case?

They should probably wait until they get one that meets their expectations.

Both cases have the same exact buttons...no changes there

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.