Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I was just looking at this on the Mous site the other day:

“Confusingly, ‘genuine leather’ doesn't mean the same thing as real leather. Genuine leather means that there is some leather in the material, but it's not made completely from leather. All of our Limitless leather phone cases are made with 100% real leather.
Hmmm
It feels too hard to be real leather imo

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
For those that have the Symmetry, between black & blue, which do you think will do a better job of hiding oil/dirt?

I imagine black. But if blue is good enough, I'll probably go with that since it looks really good with the Natty!

Reactions: macher

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Same! Had the phone rebel and returned it for another symmetry. It’s just the best all around case in my opinion. But, just picked up the commuter with MagSafe from Best Buy. $27 Black Friday special, like the usb c port cover and a little extra protection.
I gave my son my old 14pm and four cases - symmetry, rebel general 4, dbrand grip and nomad rugged. He put the symmetry on on day 1 and the rest are in The Case Drawer Of Death.

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
For those that have the Symmetry, between black & blue, which do you think will do a better job of hiding oil/dirt?

I imagine black. But if blue is good enough, I'll probably go with that since it looks really good with the Natty!
I'm using the sunstone - light orange - and it's spotless after about 5-6 weeks of constant use, so I’d assume the blue can cope with dirt/oil at least as well.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012

Black for sure

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012
I gave my son my old 14pm and four cases - symmetry, rebel general 4, dbrand grip and nomad rugged. He put the symmetry on on day 1 and the rest are in The Case Drawer Of Death.
Personally I have tried so many cases for my 15pm and returned them all except the symmetry. Between comfort, size, weight and protection. It’s the best overall case, in my opinion.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Personally I have tried so many cases for my 15pm and returned them all except the symmetry. Between comfort, size, weight and protection. It’s the best overall case, in my opinion.

How’s the grip with the symmetry this year?

psp123

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
I recently got the Spigen Mag Armor and I prefer it over the Apple silicone. It could perhaps be a little bit softer, otherwise it’s great. The magnet is strong.

Reactions: SweetLou122

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
So I scroll through here and see some of the coolest looking cases, but I cannot, for the life of me, give up using a Loopy. I’ve become so dependent on it.

I want leather with a wallet badly, but dang the Loopy is so easy to use.

Anyone on here ever use Loopy cases then give them up for something else?

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I think I am officially "cased out." With the exception of Bullstrap, it seems all the leather cases are made by the same company and just rebranded. I have a Bare, Decoded, Andar, Mujjo and Bullstrap.

Andar: Nice but so tight I'm afraid of bending the phone when I take it off. Buttons a little sharp but not bad.
Bare: Great leather work--very sharp edges on buttons.
Decoded: About like the others. Buttons not too sharp anyway.
Mujjo: Ditto. Buttons OK.
All the above also have buttons that work fine, but stick out further than I would prefer.

If I want leather I am sticking with Bullstrap. The buttons are not out so far. Open bottom so easy to remove. (I would prefer a closed bottom that was easy to remove) The camera protection rim is leather so it does not scratch the desk. On average I drop my phone on a concrete floor about once a year (Doh!). Bullstrap has protected them with only scuffed leather.

But my favorite case by far is the Apple Silicone. Feels great, not too thick, and buttons are just what I want.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I recently got the Spigen Mag Armor and I prefer it over the Apple silicone. It could perhaps be a little bit softer, otherwise it’s great. The magnet is strong.
Yea love my Mag Armor. Why I think it feels really comfortable in the hand is because of the rounded edges.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023

I haven’t gotten my blue Symmetry dirty, but the material seems easy to clean with a rinse or wipe.
How’s the grip with the symmetry this year?
It’s not particularly grippy. Hard plastic & smooth sides, very slight texture on the back. Not grippy, but not so slippery.

Reactions: csi24

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles

I vote for blue. It’s been easy to clean so far.
IMG_0125.jpeg

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
So I scroll through here and see some of the coolest looking cases, but I cannot, for the life of me, give up using a Loopy. I’ve become so dependent on it.

I gave up loopy because of MagSafe and went to using the MagSafe pop grips with whatever case I enjoyed.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023

I’ve never used a Loopy case but on my previous 12 Mini I always used a PopSocket & felt I could never use a phone without one. Now with my 15 Pro surprisingly I don’t use one anymore, even with the bigger phone size. I do have a MagSafe PopWallet that I use when I go out, particularly for grocery shopping so I can push the cart with two hands while still holding my phone to view my list.

My Bullstrap leather case is actually the grippiest case I have.

Jburnette87

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
Mobile,AL
Anyone able to compare the PR frosted with either the Torras Guardian or Spigen ultra hybrid frosted versions? Curious how the back of the PR feels compared to those two?

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Anyone able to compare the PR frosted with either the Torras Guardian or Spigen ultra hybrid frosted versions? Curious how the back of the PR feels compared to those two?
I’ve had my eye on the Spigen ultra hybrid matte.

You have the Spigen?

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
I’ve never tried the speckled fabric but that’s what I always hear. The sides, as I’m sure you know, are the same for all the models. This year’s side grip is a fairly significant improvement over last year’s.

The speckled fabric was a nice texture, and grippy like a less aggressive tire tread. Buttons had a little too much play and the inlay around the fabric on the back was a bit sharp, or I would have kept it. Both issues are non existent on the green fabric however the MagSafe is weaker for whatever reason)

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.