Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I think I am officially "cased out." With the exception of Bullstrap, it seems all the leather cases are made by the same company and just rebranded. I have a Bare, Decoded, Andar, Mujjo and Bullstrap.

Andar: Nice but so tight I'm afraid of bending the phone when I take it off. Buttons a little sharp but not bad.
Bare: Great leather work--very sharp edges on buttons.
Decoded: About like the others. Buttons not too sharp anyway.
Mujjo: Ditto. Buttons OK.
All the above also have buttons that work fine, but stick out further than I would prefer.

If I want leather I am sticking with Bullstrap. The buttons are not out so far. Open bottom so easy to remove. (I would prefer a closed bottom that was easy to remove) The camera protection rim is leather so it does not scratch the desk. On average I drop my phone on a concrete floor about once a year (Doh!). Bullstrap has protected them with only scuffed leather.

But my favorite case by far is the Apple Silicone. Feels great, not too thick, and buttons are just what I want.

I've had tons of leather cases over the year and the best besides the old apple cases has been ryan london for me.

Reactions: RRC

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
How’s the grip on the PR?
The back of the frosted gen 5 is slippery but the grippy sides make up for it. I have the ultra hybrid frosted as well and overall the gen 5 has better grip due to the sides, though I will say the spigen has better MagSafe

Last edited:
Reactions: Jburnette87

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Note: ohsnap lux 4 does not charge while using Mous 5.0 case. I cycles through charging/noncharging. I left my phone on my MagSafe charger all night, woke up with 5% battery. Took off the ohsnap and it started charging fine. Trying to contact ohsnap support to see if this is normal behavior but it’s difficult to get an actual support request in.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I looked back and couldn’t find the post, but to the person who said the Mous had weak MagSafe magnets, I’d have to disagree, at least on the aramid case. Magnet for me is great.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I looked back and couldn’t find the post, but to the person who said the Mous had weak MagSafe magnets, I’d have to disagree, at least on the aramid case. Magnet for me is great.
Has it improved this year? My 14 pro mous aramid wasn't as strong as the sheath, didn't cause any issues though in car holder.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Can you see the MagSafe magnets bulging on the back of my Mous leather?

it's hard to notice but my OCD is on high alert :oops:

Do all Mous leather cases have this problem ?

ring01.jpg

Last edited:

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011

I wouldn’t say weak, but I would say average at best over the 8-10 cases I have tried. I think the back material plays a part as well as natural variance in magnet strength even between the exact same case. The mous speckled fabric case was stronger, but again I only use MagSafe wallets, and flat MagSafe chargers ( no mounts or battery packs).

Purely subjectively, the Smartish gripzilla and dbrand grip are head and shoulders above any others I have tried as far as MagSafe strength. Ymmv

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.