Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Here's my new OB Symmetry in basic black next to the Mous it displaced (for now). It was on sale for 40% off at Best Buy so I couldn't resist. This was actually the first case I ordered this year, but Otterbox screwed up my order and I never received it, which sent me on a bit of a case wild goose chase. I remember now why I've liked this case so much in years past: clean and simple, perfect fit, just the right amount of grip, just the right amount of lip front and back, minimal branding, great buttons, almost zero fingerprints, and it feels so good in the hand. It's definitely earned a permanent spot in the rotation.

DSCF2444.jpeg

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Here's my new OB Symmetry in basic black next to the Mous it displaced (for now). It was on sale for 40% off at Best Buy so I couldn't resist. This was actually the first case I ordered this year, but Otterbox screwed up my order and I never received it, which sent me on a bit of a case wild goose chase. I remember now why I've liked this case so much in years past: clean and simple, perfect fit, just the right amount of grip, just the right amount of lip front and back, minimal branding, great buttons, almost zero fingerprints, and it feels so good in the hand. It's definitely earned a permanent spot in the rotation.

View attachment 2317275
Just picked mine up too, bigger and heavier than the FW I have been using, better grip though, good buttons, I love a grippy sides and smooth back case which it has. Will be my rugged and holiday case, but the FW is just so light and smaller also a tighter fit too.
Was 30% off here.

Reactions: dotatoc and Zensō

lordj81

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
Have been rocking a Clay silicone case since launch. Got a few clear cases that I don’t really care for. The Spigen is good but the sides look and feel cheap imo. I bought a $50 Dbrand ghost case that looks cheap af, scratches easily, and probably offers zero protection from drops.

So I haven’t had a Ringke case since my Nexus days lol but I somehow came across a video of a really nice looking clear case with black accents and frame. Anyways it’s called the Fusion X and it is excellent. The build quality is fantastic, there’s grip texture along the sides, the buttons are textured too, and the camera area has a guard that’s flush with the lens and there’s a normal camera bump around that giving excellent protection. I also bought an ESR ring holder in black thinking it would be functional and match the case and boy was I right. The combo looks so good on my Natural titanium PM. The ring stand folds out and can be used as a kickstand in portrait and landscape. Highly recommend this combo I think it cost about $40.

Photos of the case

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Have been rocking a Clay silicone case since launch. Got a few clear cases that I don’t really care for. The Spigen is good but the sides look and feel cheap imo. I bought a $50 Dbrand ghost case that looks cheap af, scratches easily, and probably offers zero protection from drops.

So I haven’t had a Ringke case since my Nexus days lol but I somehow came across a video of a really nice looking clear case with black accents and frame. Anyways it’s called the Fusion X and it is excellent. The build quality is fantastic, there’s grip texture along the sides, the buttons are textured too, and the camera area has a guard that’s flush with the lens and there’s a normal camera bump around that giving excellent protection. I also bought an ESR ring holder in black thinking it would be functional and match the case and boy was I right. The combo looks so good on my Natural titanium PM. The ring stand folds out and can be used as a kickstand in portrait and landscape. Highly recommend this combo I think it cost about $40.

Photos of the case

Thanks for the mini review. Price is right too on Amazon. Looks like a robust and protective case.

Reactions: lordj81

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL

Photos of the case
Nice review! I have this exact case on order from Amazon. How does the matte back feel? Decent enough grip or is that why you got the ESR ring/stand?

lordj81

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
Nice review! I have this exact case on order from Amazon. How does the matte back feel? Decent enough grip or is that why you got the ESR ring/stand?

The matte black is textured along both sides, giving excellent grip. Hell even the buttons are all textured. It definitely has a premium feel to it. I got the ring stand just because I’ve always wanted one, didn’t know they made them into two way kickstands now and just thought that it would also look great with this case.

Attachments

• IMG_6585.jpeg
    IMG_6585.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: macher and tandp74

Iamdld

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2023

Photos of the case
The camo fusion x was one of my favorites back in the day. Good to see them finally add mag safe. Patiently waiting for them to add magsafe to the camo version.

Reactions: walds11

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
IMG_0092.jpeg
Just received the frosted case for my iPhone 15 pro yesterday and had it on for a few hours and when I took it off the alignment magnet was stuck to my phone. Disappointing to say the least. Also, my charging cable I use for CarPlay in my car is too thick to use with the PR case.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

Photos of the case
How are the edges? Ringke cases in the past have been really flimsy and loose fitting around the sides which allows dirt in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pug72

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
View attachment 2317303 Just received the frosted case for my iPhone 15 pro yesterday and had it on for a few hours and when I took it off the alignment magnet was stuck to my phone. Disappointing to say the least. Also, my charging cable I use for CarPlay in my car is too thick to use with the PR case.
mine for the pro max did the same thing today. which honestly is fine with me, now im looking into replacing the black MagSafe inner parts to white to go better with my white titanium phone

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I bought my second Pitaka MagEZ 4 StarPeak case to go with the Over the Horizon I got.

Love them both! I’m using these two interchangably and haven’t used my Apple FW case since I got them.

Now to see if I should buy the new MagEZ 5 case too!

IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_0163.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 64

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
View attachment 2317303 Just received the frosted case for my iPhone 15 pro yesterday and had it on for a few hours and when I took it off the alignment magnet was stuck to my phone. Disappointing to say the least. Also, my charging cable I use for CarPlay in my car is too thick to use with the PR case.
that happened to my gen 4 frosted just take a little super glue and it fixes it not too much though

Reactions: okifeelthat

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I bought my second Pitaka MagEZ 4 StarPeak case to go with the Over the Horizon I got.

Love them both! I’m using these two interchangably and haven’t used my Apple FW case since I got them.

Now to see if I should buy the new MagEZ 5 case too
The new sunset case looks so good can’t wait to see the first one posted on here!

Reactions: Boardiesboi

PauloLoz

Suspended
Nov 15, 2023

Seen this before. Sadly the quality of PR is poor. I had 2 issues with gen 5 cases. Sent both back.

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015

Phone rebels customer support response :
“Hello, we can provide return shipping label with a replacement to follow, or we can issue a partial refund of $10 on your order.

Let us know what works best for you.

The magnet can be pressed back in.”

Probably just gonna send this back and ask for full refund tbh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.