Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Went over to Best Buy and picked up the $27. Otterbox Commuter MagSafe case and I'm really digging this thing.
It's been a minute since I've had a commuter so I figured what the heck. No butt plug need with this one o_O

oc01.jpg
oc02.jpg
oc03.jpg
oc04.jpg
oc05.jpg
oc06.jpg
oc07.jpg
oc08.jpg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone receive their Phone Rebel button/camera ring kits yet?

Do the buttons have any protective coating on the backs?

Pics please.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
What is your favorite equally protective case that also feels good in the hand?
I must say the Otterbox Lumen feels quiet nice. I found the Mous case to be sharp alone the edges and it used to hurt my pinky finger..
Of the Mous cases, which has the best grip?

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Mous 5.0 in black leather. IMO the best looking Mous case out of the bunch.

I will be putting in an exchange with Amazon as the leather is a little wonky in the upper right hand corner and I can see the MagSafe indentation through the leather. Hard to see in the pics but trust me it's there.

This one is a keeper once I get a perfect one ;)

View attachment 2316768
View attachment 2316774 View attachment 2316777 View attachment 2316778 View attachment 2316779 View attachment 2316781 View attachment 2316783 View attachment 2316784
Your phone looks awesome in that case, but Mous totally F-ed up by putting that white M next to the camera cut out.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Mous leather after one charging on the MagSafe charger showing a prominent MagSafe ring on the back and it does not want to go away :( The wearability of this case is not looking too great.

Anyone that has the Mous leather, how is your leather holding up?

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Your phone looks awesome in that case, but Mous totally F-ed up by putting that white M next to the camera cut out.
With one logo it's obvious what you're sporting, leave it at that. Caudabe got the message...time for these guys to wise up and drop the gross mega-advertising.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maz39 and AE14

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I must say the Otterbox Lumen feels quiet nice. I found the Mous case to be sharp alone the edges and it used to hurt my pinky finger..
Of the Mous cases, which has the best grip?
The Limitless has the best grip among their offerings, which I would say only falls into the “medium” category. That’s fine by me; I don’t like overly grippy cases.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Mous leather after one charging on the MagSafe charger showing a prominent MagSafe ring on the back and it does not want to go away :( The wearability of this case is not looking too great.

Anyone that has the Mous leather, how is your leather holding up?
That’s a bummer, though I have to say, every leather case I’ve had showed a MagSafe ring rather quickly, so not surprised.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
For me, the Mous feels most protective out of all of the cases I have tried, even above the PR.

I agree. It seems to have the best protection for a case that is not overly bulky.

With one logo it's obvious what you're sporting, leave it at that. Caudabe got the message...time for these guys to wise up and drop the gross mega-advertising.

I am not a fan of the double branding either, and maintained they took a step back design wise with that. With that being said, it’s easy to forgive given how good the case is. My only real criticism is the MagSafe is just ok (this may be a green/blue fabric case anomaly or a weak apple wallet).

I will second kadinh and acbarn, for the slimmer profile, it is probably the most protective case I have tried.

Reactions: macher and Zensō

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I am not a fan of the double branding either, and maintained they took a step back design wise with that. With that being said, it’s easy to forgive given how good the case is. My only real criticism is the MagSafe is just ok (this may be a green/blue fabric case anomaly or a weak apple wallet).

I will second kadinh and acbarn, for the slimmer profile, it is probably the most protective case I have tried.
Logos dont really bother me TBH; if they do later, I’ll just take a black sharpie to them, NBD. I agree, the MagSafe isnt as strong as id like it to be, but its passable.

Reactions: Zensō

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
The Limitless has the best grip among their offerings, which I would say only falls into the “medium” category. That’s fine by me; I don’t like overly grippy cases.
Which case from the limitless range would you say? The Speckled Fabric?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Logos dont really bother me TBH; if they do later, I’ll just take a black sharpie to them, NBD. I agree, the MagSafe isnt as strong as id like it to be, but its passable.
Yeah, the logos are not a big deal to me either. More important are things like a tight fit, stiffness above the USB port, sufficient lip above the screen, having an Action button, highly tactile but non-rattling buttons, relatively thin but also stiff side rails, accurate cutouts, decent MagSafe, and so on. So many cases miss the mark on one or more of the above.

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Which case from the limitless range would you say? The Speckled Fabric?
I’ve never tried the speckled fabric but that’s what I always hear. The sides, as I’m sure you know, are the same for all the models. This year’s side grip is a fairly significant improvement over last year’s.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The Mous Leather is not real leather is it? It's feels too hard to be real leather.
I was just looking at this on the Mous site the other day:

“Confusingly, ‘genuine leather’ doesn't mean the same thing as real leather. Genuine leather means that there is some leather in the material, but it's not made completely from leather. All of our Limitless leather phone cases are made with 100% real leather.

Reactions: Hooterville
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.