Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
The short list
IMG_2652.jpeg

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Pro Max..not sure the weight but it's quite on par with Apple silicone lightness..very impressed

For $200 it's a steal if you understand what it's meant for. Love it so far.

Thanks man, appreciate that. Both Nomad sport cases are easily in my top 5 cases this year and at the Black Friday prices, it's a no brainer. Otterbox is great, but a little chunky for my taste.
Sorry if you’ve already answered, but how’s the pinky comfort on one handed use with the Sport? $35 might be too hard to pass up.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Anyone tried the Nomad Rugged and DBrand Grip? Which one is the more minimalistic of the 2? How would you compare the 2? Thanks!

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Nomad White Sport Case showed up today. Damn, I love this case. Ordered Tuesday and arrived today normal mail. Not sure how Nomad does it so quickly, but top shelf shipping across the map. Easily in my top 5 cases this year.

2pZf0zR.jpg

uDlt4yP.jpg

How’s the grip on the sides? Flat or rounded edges?

What’s your top 5 cases?

Last edited:

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
R

How you liking the Spigen Mag Armor? I’m really loving mine with the rounded edges that feels great in the hand.
It’s solid all around. It was the only case I used on my 13p for 2+ years. Easy to get on and off but still feels secure. Screen and camera protection are good, MagSafe is average to above average. For $20 it’s hard to beat for a slim(er) case.

You are right, the rounded sides and corners, slightly textured chevron pattern on the back make it super comfortable.

Reactions: macher

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry if you’ve already answered, but how’s the pinky comfort on one handed use with the Sport? $35 might be too hard to pass up.

All good, I've been doing extra pinky weights in the gym and seems to be paying off. No issues at all with comfort with the Sport Case. It's the case I've been using the most since I got Coastal Rock last week. The white is so clean looking in real life too

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
How’s the grip on the sides? Flat or rounded edges?

What’s your top 5 cases?

Grip has a nice smooth rounded feel. Does not feel flat at all. A pleasure to hold and use.

Top 5 I am still working on, but Nomad Sport Case, Apple Silicone, and Caudabe Synthesis will easily be in...2 remaining spots.

I got a Bullstrap package coming soon, all in the Maverick colorway, that I'm super hype for.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Grip has a nice smooth rounded feel. Does not feel flat at all. A pleasure to hold and use.

Top 5 I am still working on, but Nomad Sport Case, Apple Silicone, and Caudabe Synthesis will easily be in...2 remaining spots.

I got a Bullstrap package coming soon, all in the Maverick colorway, that I'm super hype for.
I’m waiting for the coastal rock to get back in stock.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
What case will you guys recommend out of the Otterbox Lumen or Mous Clarity in terms of feel in the hands and less chance of scratches showing/ yellowing.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023

Definitely update us with a pic when you get your Bullstrap! I’m really liking my Dune. If I was to get another in the future, I’ll probably go with Maverick or the new Slate color.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

I’ve been checking about the leather case in rustic brown. It’s the same thing as the Sport!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.