Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
What flavor Symmetry did you get?
Standard issue black.

DSCF2444.jpeg

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I tried a symmetry back in the days of the XS max. The sides were grippy but the back had no grip at all. You could put the case on a table on its back and spin it like a spinning top! The back material looks the same to me but have they improved the grip at all?

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Oh my goodness I am so far behind on this thread. Lots of catching up to do. Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving? Get any good cases? I did not get any lol. I see Otterbox has a sale on Symmetry cases today though. Tempting.
It's hard to keep up lol, a black symmetry is all I got so far, cancelled a nomad modern as I want the horween but not on amazon yet.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
All great looks! You can't go wrong with all black!! That's my go to!

Is that the Max?
How are you liking the FW?
Where does it rank for you among those three?
It’s weird, my watch is Alu and I’ve loads of straps because I love having all the different colours, but all black seems to be my go to this time round.

It is the Max, yes: this is my second Max, don’t think I could go back to a smaller phone.

So, as mentioned earlier, all my ‘Apple’ cases are AliEx: the FW buttons aren’t quite as clicky as the silicone cases, but, the feel of the Ali FW is the same as the Apple one in the store the other week, which is what persuaded me to take a punt on the knock-off. But, I have to say, it’s a lovely feeling case: and my black Decoded looks ‘smart’ compared to a silicone, but the FW is the one I’d put on for a bit more of a dressy event. I think black FW is going to hide any stains well, so couldn’t comment on a coloured FW: but if I could get a genuine FW for a decent price, I’d commit, despite the relentless, seemingly, global hate for it 😂

Reactions: LoveMyPens

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I was at Best Buy and tried on the Symmetry. A stupid simple yet functional all around case with nice color options.

I’m waiting for the Nomad leather in English tan to drop back in stock. What color Nomad leather your have and is it Horween?
I just ordered the black Horween yesterday. I would’ve gotten the regular black modern if it were in stock, but with the cyber Monday sale the Horween ended up being the same price as the regular modern without the sale.
I tried a symmetry back in the days of the XS max. The sides were grippy but the back had no grip at all. You could put the case on a table on its back and spin it like a spinning top! The back material looks the same to me but have they improved the grip at all?
This is my first time with Otterbox so I don’t know about previous years Symmetry, but this one the back is a hard plastic and I wouldn’t say it’s a grippy case at all, but the sides do help a bit in the hand.

Reactions: Djones96

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I would argue that it feels better in hand than the Synthesis. And much lighter.
What color Gripmunk you have? I was going to get the blue but the stock photo and photos on Instagram and their direct website show a bright blue.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
It’s pretty much “the same as it ever was.”

Reactions: AnthroMatt

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
you know a case company is ******, when they can’t even give their own marketing team a case that isn’t broken.

Attachments

• IMG_2022.png
    IMG_2022.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 173

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Seems like a lot of cases I’m using have very little lip protection from the glass. Wonder if the ESR armorite SP is extra thick this year I’m using currently or companies dialed back the dimensions this year for more minimal cases
A lot of review videos I watch not much lip protection. I was disappointed that the Nomad leather from reviewers didn’t have much or any lip protection. Technically Tee I believe uses Spigen screen protectors and reviewing the Nomad Leather I think he said screen protector almost flush.

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Seems like a lot of cases I’m using have very little lip protection from the glass. Wonder if the ESR armorite SP is extra thick this year I’m using currently or companies dialed back the dimensions this year for more minimal cases
Benks used to make a .15mm screen protector which I think is pretty thin compared to most that are .30mm.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
A lot of review videos I watch not much lip protection. I was disappointed that the Nomad leather from reviewers didn’t have much or any lip protection. Technically Tee I believe uses Spigen screen protectors and reviewing the Nomad Leather I think he said screen protector almost flush.
I prefer those cases because it makes for easier swiping from the sides.

Reactions: macher and walds11

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

Yea all my nomad cases have very very little protection. I mean it’s almost flush for sure

Reactions: macher
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.