Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I ordered matching Otterbox Symmetry cases for my husband and I. He has the 14 Pro and I got him the Realtree version and I got the Pink Realtree one for my 15 Pro Max. They were on sale on Amazon on Friday. Hereā€™s some pics of my pink Realtree case.
IMG_0786.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg
IMG_0788.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg
IMG_0791.jpeg
IMG_0792.jpeg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Reactions: jldesutter83

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I've only had my black FW for 2-3 weeks, but I think it's not as slippery as it initially was. I think all the Apple cases I've had took a little while to feel a bit grippier. On the other hand, I admit maybe I'm just getting used to it? I don't think it's too slippery, just not as grippy as my leather cases were.
Iā€™ll keep on saying this, I canā€™t help but think how great the leather cases wouldā€™ve felt this year! A shame they stopped making them!

Reactions: LoveMyPens

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Amusingly, a few hours later, Nomad sent me an email saying "We've packed your order and it will ship within the next 24 hours".

Nomad has me under surveillance! :cool:
Awesome! Post pics when you get it :D
Iā€™m considering trading my sienna Bullstrap case for the slate color.
I saw someone posted a pic of Slate on Reddit. It looks really nice o_O curious to see how dark it will get with patina

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I saw someone posted a pic of Slate on Reddit. It looks really nice o_O curious to see how dark it will get with patina
Iā€™m going to look for it. My friend got the sienna as well so I probably will exchange mine for the slate.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks. Yeah thatā€™s one reason Iā€™m getting black, so that MagSafe ring wonā€™t show as much. I refuse to use my Dune Bullstrap on MagSafe because I donā€™t want the ring on this beautiful case šŸ˜…. I feel like a black Nomad I could be a little more carefree about it.

I would think black would show the MagSafe ring more.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Iā€™m usually a fan of colour, but Iā€™m really loving the dark cases at the minute. Little pop of colour with my Californian Poppy Mag Wallet, but my rotation is currently Decoded Black Leather, Black Silicone and Black FW. I have finally got an Orange Decoded Silicone arriving today, but it might stay shelved for another week or soā€¦
IMG_5727.jpeg
IMG_5728.jpeg
IMG_5729.jpeg
IMG_5730.jpeg

Scott M

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2009
Iā€™m usually a fan of colour, but Iā€™m really loving the dark cases at the minute. Little pop of colour with my Californian Poppy Mag Wallet, but my rotation is currently Decoded Black Leather, Black Silicone and Black FW. I have finally got an Orange Decoded Silicone arriving today, but it might stay shelved for another week or soā€¦ View attachment 2318684 View attachment 2318683 View attachment 2318685 View attachment 2318682
They look so good here. Do they have a blue tint to them in real life?

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
They do look good, itā€™s what compelled me to take the pictures! They donā€™t have a blue tint in real life-the colour is a lot more solid in the flesh if that makes sense. My SLR struggled with the colours, so there is a tiny bit of adjustment to make them look more accurate.

::Edit:: Here you go: adjusted the worst looking one, this is more accurate:

IMG_5731.jpeg

Scott M

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2009
They do look good, itā€™s what compelled me to take the pictures! They donā€™t have a blue tint in real life-the colour is a lot more solid in the flesh if that makes sense. My SLR struggled with the colours, so there is a tiny bit of adjustment to make them look more accurate.

::Edit:: Here you go: adjusted the worst looking one, this is more accurate:

View attachment 2318690
Very nice, I'm tempted to buy one now. I currently have the Caudabe Sheath and the Ringke Oynx. Do you have any close up pictures of the front? I want to see what they've done with the lips. Can you see the phone's titanium frame at all? You can't with my cases on, as they overlap the screen ever so slightly (which I like, as it stops dust settling as easily along the edges of the glass).

Edit: I wasn't saying it looked like they had a blue tint in your pics, more the opposite! Just seen that some people have said that it has a blue tint.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Iā€™m going to look for it. My friend got the sienna as well so I probably will exchange mine for the slate.
I just bought the slate this morning before they take the sitewide sale down. It was supposed to end last night. I also used a 15% off promo on top of it so it didnā€™t turn out to be too bad.

Reactions: kadinh

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Very nice, I'm tempted to buy one now. I currently have the Caudabe Sheath and the Ringke Oynx. Do you have any close up pictures of the front? I want to see what they've done with the lips. Can you see the phone's titanium frame at all? You can't with my cases on, as they overlap the screen ever so slightly (which I like, as it stops dust settling as easily along the edges of the glass).

Edit: I wasn't saying it looked like they had a blue tint in your pics, more the opposite! Just seen that some people have said that it has a blue tint.
Ah, I see!

Well, this is where I now come clean. All of my cases (except the Decoded), are fakes. Theyā€™re all AliExpress specials. However, (quite) a few pages ago, I went to the Apple Store and compared my AliEx silicones to the genuine, and other than a slight difference in the cutouts round the button lining inside, they were physically identical. So, decided to take a punt on the FW. The buttons arenā€™t as clicky as the silicone-I wouldnā€™t buy another FW, but silicone, I would.

In honesty, you canā€™t see a difference. But, I feel itā€™d be unfair to give you honest feedback about the lip on the cases because itā€™s not genuine Apple-but these all have about 1mm, my phone is the black model-you canā€™t see any exposed areas of the frame, bar the USB port.

Iā€™ve always been genuine accessories, and my Watch straps all are genuine too-but these silicone cases are brilliant copies, and theyā€™re all coming from the same country so made my peace with them! And, I would imagine, looking at my photos, I doubt most people would know from sight that they arenā€™t genuine either (cue everyone pointing out the differences šŸ˜‚).

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
anyone have the nomad Horween rustic brown leather case how you liking it?

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Which buttons look best on the Gen 5 Frosted?

I tried the red Gen 4 buttons with the orange action button and the all ultra orange button set on the frosted.

I like the red but the mismatched action button I don't like.

IMO, the matte black sets looks the best. What you think?

Attachments

• red03.jpg
    red03.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 72
  • red04.jpg
    red04.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 66
  • or01.jpg
    or01.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 71
  • or02.jpg
    or02.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 72
  • blk02.jpg
    blk02.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 72
  • blk03.jpg
    blk03.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Which buttons look best on the Gen 5 Frosted?

I tried the red Gen 4 buttons with the orange action button and the all ultra orange button set on the frosted.

I like the red but the mismatched action button I don't like.

IMO, the matte black sets looks the best. What you think?
I like the black the best. Maybe even black with a red power button

LoveMyPens

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
Iā€™m usually a fan of colour, but Iā€™m really loving the dark cases at the minute. Little pop of colour with my Californian Poppy Mag Wallet, but my rotation is currently Decoded Black Leather, Black Silicone and Black FW. I have finally got an Orange Decoded Silicone arriving today, but it might stay shelved for another week or soā€¦ View attachment 2318684 View attachment 2318683 View attachment 2318685 View attachment 2318682
All great looks! You can't go wrong with all black!! That's my go to!

Is that the Max?
How are you liking the FW?
Where does it rank for you among those three?

Reactions: Danorak81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.