Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Very nice, I'm tempted to buy one now. I currently have the Caudabe Sheath and the Ringke Oynx. Do you have any close up pictures of the front? I want to see what they've done with the lips. Can you see the phone's titanium frame at all? You can't with my cases on, as they overlap the screen ever so slightly (which I like, as it stops dust settling as easily along the edges of the glass).

Edit: I wasn't saying it looked like they had a blue tint in your pics, more the opposite! Just seen that some people have said that it has a blue tint.

The color is Midnight and it does have a hint of blue but ever so subtle. The name is actually very accurate as it looks like a dark night sky.

Which buttons look best on the Gen 5 Frosted?

I tried the red Gen 4 buttons with the orange action button and the all ultra orange button set on the frosted.

I like the red but the mismatched action button I don't like.

IMO, the matte black sets looks the best. What you think?

I’d say black and orange are tied. I usually dig the all black look but that orange looks great.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Does anyone have any recommendation's for a case that's thin but grippy that's similar to the Apple Silicone? I keep coming back to it because of how lightweight it is, but my OCD can't stand the amount of dust/lint it collects.

Reactions: timeconsumer

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
So my observations on the OhSnap ...

No issues with it disengaging from chargers or mounts with the Synthesis case after swapping multiple times .. Synthesis case does show a faint Magsafe outline that won't disappear..think we have mentioned here by others ..

I ran water over OhSnap to reactivate adhesive but it's a no go with my Apple Silicone case ..it holds in place on the case no problem but on the mount it stays behind when I pull the phone away ...

Reactions: Djones96

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Which buttons look best on the Gen 5 Frosted?

I tried the red Gen 4 buttons with the orange action button and the all ultra orange button set on the frosted.

I like the red but the mismatched action button I don't like.

IMO, the matte black sets looks the best. What you think?
Black

Reactions: Hooterville

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Does anyone have any recommendation's for a case that's thin but grippy that's similar to the Apple Silicone? I keep coming back to it because of how lightweight it is, but my OCD can't stand the amount of dust/lint it collects.
I just ordered the nomad sport since its supposed to be light and have decent grip. Definitely weighs more than the silicone but not by much if I'm not mistaken. You might like the Gripmunk also. That has some of the best grip I've tried but it's another step up with weight.

I don't know if you can get a super thin, light and grippy case that isn't silicone, but maybe others will have some ideas!

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Smartish Gripmunk. Literally a Caudabe Synthesis killer with better buttons. Oh, and also only $16.

5RL0ilP.jpg

9dMkUtu.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I just ordered the nomad sport since its supposed to light and have decent grip. Definitely weighs more than the silicone but not by much if I'm not mistaken. You might like the Gripmunk also. That has some of the best grip I've tried but it's another step up with weight.

I don't know if you can get a super thin, light and grippy case that isn't silicone, but maybe others will have some ideas!

The Sport case is right on par with the lightweight feeling the silicone case has. Big fan of the Sport case. It's easily staying in my top 5.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Smartish Gripmonk or Caudabe Sheath/Synthesis? Which one and why? Which one is lighter and thinner?

Reactions: macher

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Spigen Ultra Hybrid black frosted vs Phone Rebel Gen 5 frosted. The Gen 5 has better grip and buttons, that's about all it has over the Spigen. For $20. this Spigen is hard to beat.

Attachments

• frost01.jpg
    frost01.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 93
  • frost02.jpg
    frost02.jpg
    864 KB · Views: 96
  • frost03.jpg
    frost03.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 88

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Spigen Ultra Hybrid black frosted vs Phone Rebel Gen 5 frosted. The Gen 5 has better grip and buttons, that's about all it has over the Spigen. For $20. this Spigen is hard to beat.

How’s the shipping from Rebel? I’m in Florida and was offered free shipping which I thought was generous since most companies charge a minimum of $7

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Oh my goodness I am so far behind on this thread. Lots of catching up to do. Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving? Get any good cases? I did not get any lol. I see Otterbox has a sale on Symmetry cases today though. Tempting.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
For $16 it’s shocking how good it is. This and the Spigen lineup are easily the top dogs for budget cases
What’s interesting though I don’t consider Spigen budget cases as in quality though. They seem to price their cases right. However their retail site pricing is way different than Amazon and I’m sure they get a % of people who order direct.

I love my Spigen Mag Armor case.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Oh my goodness I am so far behind on this thread. Lots of catching up to do. Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving? Get any good cases? I did not get any lol. I see Otterbox has a sale on Symmetry cases today though. Tempting.
I got a Bullstrap, Nomad leather, & Otterbox Symmetry all with the holiday sales. I can vouch for the Symmetry 🙋🏻‍♀️ good case all around

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I got a Bullstrap, Nomad leather, & Otterbox Symmetry all with the holiday sales. I can vouch for the Symmetry 🙋🏻‍♀️ good case all around

I was at Best Buy and tried on the Symmetry. A stupid simple yet functional all around case with nice color options.

I’m waiting for the Nomad leather in English tan to drop back in stock. What color Nomad leather your have and is it Horween?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.