Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Glad to be here! Now I’m having a tough time deciding my first case purchase. My phone isn’t due to be delivered until next week sometime, but you I know have to have a case waiting for it. I’m tossed up between a few maybe you can help:
- Mous Limitless

- Pitaka MagEz Pro (new buttons!!)

- Otterbox Defender XT clear with black frame and MagSafe ring ( looks keep grabbing my attention on Amazon but last one fuccced up the stainless band on my 14 pro so I’m kind of reluctant)

Unfortunately they don’t have my Catalyst Crux this year… I was prob the only one to enjoy it last year lol
What do you mean by new buttons?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Otterbox Symmetry Black with Magsafe in today. All I can say is out of the 20+ cases I purchased for the 14 Pro Max this is the case I've used the most. It's not the prettiest thing but IMO one fine case. This case for the 15 Pro Max is thinner, shorter and narrower than the exact same case on the 14PM. Hard to tell in these pictures but it definitely is smaller in every way. Now, I only need the RealTree version to come out so I can get my traffic cone orange buttons :oops:

View attachment 2269536
View attachment 2269537 View attachment 2269538 View attachment 2269539 View attachment 2269540 View attachment 2269541 View attachment 2269542 View attachment 2269544
Did they make the back a different material? Looks more matte… unless I’m tripping

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
iOS 17 = 11.11 GB
System data = 9.21 GB

Is everyone else’s the same? Will this be less on our 15’s?

amps

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
I have a Pitaka MagEZ Case 4 after canceling the Apple case. I’ve had issues with the buttons on several non apple cases so I’m going with the cutouts this time around. We will see. So far, it seems well constructed and light.

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
A couple more cases if you are still deciding--the Spigen Liquid Air Armor and Ringke Silicone Magnetic for iPhone 15 Pro Max. The Spigen is thinner than I like so I'm going to return it but its really well made, doesn't appear to show fingerprints, and has some kind of coating which makes it less slippery. I would definitely pick this one if I wanted a thinner style case. The Ringke is a typical silicone case with magsafe and camera protection. I like silicone cases for their grip but they just don't seem to last--they get sticky, greasy and attract fuzz in a short time. I'm going to try the Ringke case to see if it is better.

Attachments

• SPIGEN front.jpg
    SPIGEN front.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 117
  • SPIGEN front.jpg
    SPIGEN front.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 107
  • SPigen Back.jpg
    SPigen Back.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 129
  • SPIEGEN side.jpg
    SPIEGEN side.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
A couple more cases if you are still deciding--the Spigen Liquid Air Armor and Ringke Silicone Magnetic for iPhone 15 Pro Max. The Spigen is thinner than I like so I'm going to return it but its really well made, doesn't appear to show fingerprints, and has some kind of coating which makes it less slippery. I would definitely pick this one if I wanted a thinner style case. The Ringke is a typical silicone case with magsafe and camera protection. I like silicone cases for their grip but they just don't last--they get sticky, greasy and attract fuzz in a short time. I'm going to try the light color case and see if it works better.
I like both of these cases! Was actually considering picking up the liquid air armor yesterday, but held off. I do think that Ringke white case would match well with the white 15 PM I'm getting tomorrow! Tough decision.

NrFive

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2021
Alright. Ordered two cases. Nomad Horween Leather and the Otterbox Defender Pro XT.

Also coming in is a glass screen protector of Spigen which I’ve always used. So the question now becomes, is the Nomad fit good with sufficient lip for my piece of mind. Else I’m sticking with my safe choice for now, the Otterbox. Got a nice deal for the Otterbox at 40 bucks. That will hold me over till proper cases come.

What I really want to be honest is a camera case (and grip) which makes use of the action button. But that will take a time for someone to make.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Reactions: Hooterville

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I am not brave enough to go caseless : )....speaking of sheath, I have to say Caudabe's customer service sucks recently. They are so hit or miss when it comes to customers inquiries. I don't know if they are short staffed or what. I placed an order on 9/14 literally minutes after go live and no clue where my order is. Meanwhile people who ordered days after got theirs in no time.
I ordered mine on the 13th and received it on the 16th. It’s one of the things I love about Caudabe. If I order a case early in the morning, they usually ship it out later that day before USPS pick it up.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Guys anyone know if ali express has fake apple leather cases, and did anyone order from them before ? hows the quality comparing to apple's?
I’ve ordered cases from them for my 12PM and 14PM. They felt almost identical to the Apple Silicone case, and looked just like them, except for the MagSafe ring not popping up when you attach it to a MagSafe charger. Their prices were more reasonable than Apple.

Reactions: kvlq

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
I've been researching into Mous Limitless case- been watching this guys review which has made me think Mous's positive reviews are media hype. Have you owned their cases before?
I have the 14 pro carbon although got it for $50AUD, they are over $100AUD new for us to import, not sure I would pay that. Great case though.

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
Any Mous Walnut pics?

Taken beside the FineWoven and Pitaka.
FW Mous Pitaka.jpg

The Mous looks great in pictures but it feels less premium in hand. The walnut looks real from a distance but doesn't feel real (tapping it feels like plastic) and the TPU sides have more of a slippery plastic feeling than a grippy feel. (Nomad has much better TPU feel) The plastic buttons also don't feel that great to me. Sending it back after I try it out on the phone.

When handling the Apple FW case beside the other two, it just feels so cheap like its actually an AliExpress replica for $10. Totally not worth the price paid - definitely returning this.

Despite the metal interior buttons, the Pitaka does have a softer more premium feel in hand. The materials have a higher quality feel and I prefer the smoother continuity of material from the back to the chamfered edge.
Keeping this for now.

So back to my list to eliminate and add some candidates:
  • Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4
  • FineWoven Taupe
  • Caudabe Sheath Black (used code ‘checkout’ for 15% off)
  • Bullstrap Dune (used first time buyer code REF2AZSHE4QU for 20% off)
  • Mous Limitless 5 Walnut
  • Andar Aspen Black - canceled - no Action button
  • Benks ArmorPro
  • Phone Rebel gen 5 - will be ordered
Will see how the Benks and Rebel do against Pitaka. But, since I now want a real wood case I had a chat with the folks at Carved who said they may change to an Action button for the Live Edge cases. More waiting..
Carved.jpg
Carved.png

Today Andar also said they "will most likely include an Action Button down the line." Even more waiting...
Andar.png

Bullstrap, Phone Rebel, Caudabe Action Button Sheath hopefully deliver before Halloween than Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Taken beside the FineWoven and Pitaka.
View attachment 2273468

The Mous looks great in pictures but it feels less premium in hand. The walnut looks real from a distance but doesn't feel real (tapping it feels like plastic) and the TPU sides have more of a slippery plastic feeling than a grippy feel. (Nomad has much better TPU feel) The plastic buttons also don't feel that great to me. Sending it back after I try it out on the phone.

When handling the Apple FW case beside the other two, it just feels so cheap like its actually an AliExpress replica for $10. Totally not worth the price paid - definitely returning this.

Despite the metal interior buttons, the Pitaka does have a softer more premium feel in hand. The materials have a higher quality feel and I prefer the smoother continuity of material from the back to the chamfered edge.
Keeping this for now.

So back to my list to eliminate and add some candidates:
  • Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4
  • FineWoven Taupe
  • Caudabe Sheath Black (used code ‘checkout’ for 15% off)
  • Bullstrap Dune (used first time buyer code REF2AZSHE4QU for 20% off)
  • Mous Limitless 5 Walnut
  • Andar Aspen Black - canceled - no Action button
  • Benks ArmorPro
  • Phone Rebel gen 5 - ordered
Will see how the Benks and Rebel do against Pitaka. But, since I now want a real wood case I had a chat with the folks at Carved who said they may change to an Action button for the Live Edge cases. More waiting..
View attachment 2273301 View attachment 2273337

Today Andar also said they "will most likely include an Action Button down the line." Even more waiting...
View attachment 2273297

Bullstrap, Phone Rebel, Caudabe Action Button Sheath hopefully deliver before Halloween than Thanksgiving.
I’ve got a lot of these on my list ass well. Looking forward to hearing your opinions on all of them. Is that the pitaka 600d or 1500d?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.