Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Nice! While I am not a huge fan of the silicone myself, its at least something temporary until the others come in.
I’m not the biggest fan, but we’ll give it a go! And if I don’t like it, I’ll either order a sheath, or go caseless

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Really leaning into the Nomad Horween Leather. But can’t seem to find info on what happens when this (or any other case with leather), gets in contact with water.

Anyone here have experience with that?
I am using the Horween leather version of Nomad’s case on my iPhone X for almost 6 years now. Never used another case, so I can comment on this I think. ;)

I used my phone during rain and held the case when my hands where wet. Never had any issues with it. This year, I am (finally) upgrading to the 15 Pro and will buy a Nomad case again.

Reactions: NrFive

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
My understanding is the FTC has pretty strict rules against that type of thing and it’s can affect you as a content creator if it’s not disclosed so I’d be interested in what videos that you’ve seen that don’t disclose.

I can understand how somebody being sponsored by a company might make you think that they’re just “shilling” to get money but anybody who’s watched Tee’s videos should clearly know better than that. Tee has absolutely been critical of cases that he likes. In his videos he points out the positives and the negatives of every case and accessory that he reviews.

Maybe it’s the world we live in where we’re very skeptical whenever somebody’s getting paid to offer an opinion on a product but Tee has always kept it honest about his opinions in his reviews and his live streams. He rocked with Andar before the sponsorship if he didn’t then I could see that point.
Yup, I watched one of his recently added videos and he goes on to criticize Andar for not putting a button on the Aspen for the action button. He seems to be keeping it a buck! I have been kicking around these forums for the last couple of years (probably a rookie still compared to some) but I haven’t really seen a lot of arguments in my time here. Let’s all get back to giving each other solid advice, enjoying case talk, and being kind to each other!! ☮️ ❤️

sonisan

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Japan
I am using the Horween leather version of Nomad’s case on my iPhone X for almost 6 years now. Never used another case, so I can comment on this I think. ;)

I used my phone during rain and held the case when my hands where wet. Never had any issues with it. This year, I am (finally) upgrading to the 15 Pro and will buy a Nomad case again.
Also interested in this case. I was concerned about its durability according to some user reviews. How’s yours after six years? :)

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Really leaning into the Nomad Horween Leather. But can’t seem to find info on what happens when this (or any other case with leather), gets in contact with water.

Anyone here have experience with that?
I always touch my Nomad leather cases for the iPhone 14 PM with wet hands and it hasn’t stained it or anything. I may be lucky, or it may have some coating on it that makes it more hydrophobic.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
I've been researching into Mous Limitless case- been watching this guys review which has made me think Mous's positive reviews are media hype. Have you owned their cases before?
A lot of it is hype. Mous makes an above average case. But I wouldn’t call it the “the most protective case.” Also the walnut case that I had ordered for the 14 PM, the wood on the back looked like a sticker and not real wood. Returned it and got the bamboo one which looks more real.

Reactions: Sal09

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Also interested in this case. I was concerned about its durability according to some user reviews. How’s yours after six years? :)
Still looks great! The rubber parts are a bit more shiny compared to new and the leather is darker than before. Also, there are some small scratches in the leather, but nothing major. All in all, for a six year old case, it’s looks great!

I do take care of my stuff, but it has seen many trips and outdoor stuff in those six years.

Reactions: sonisan

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
Thinking of going for a clear glass MagSafe case this year but can anyone recommend one that isn't bulky?

Don't really want to be adding too much unnecessary weight to the phone.
I went for the spigen ultra hybrid Magfit. Seems decent enough for what I need and has a hard back and soft sides.

Reactions: Jack25

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
A lot of it is hype. Mous makes an above average case. But I wouldn’t call it the “the most protective case.” Also the walnut case that I had ordered for the 14 PM, the wood on the back looked like a sticker and not real wood. Returned it and got the bamboo one which looks more real.
Can you recommend some that would fall under “more protective than Mous?”

I’m having a tough time deciding on a case. Might just stick to ol’ faithful (Otterbox Defender Pro).

Thanks

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Bit the bullet and went for the Mous Limitless 5.0 Walnut . Hopefully will be happy. Now... screen protectors recommendations?

Reactions: Sal09

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Can you recommend some that would fall under “more protective than Mous?”

I’m having a tough time deciding on a case. Might just stick to ol’ faithful (Otterbox Defender Pro).

Thanks
I find the Casetify Bpunce Case to be more protective, but it may not be your style. And it’s super expensive. It’s almost $100

Reactions: maverick22

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
How do you find the Mous clarity 2.0? That's the one I am thinking of getting....

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Got these coming. Casemate and a loop.
8f65de7d5eaa72c6c98deeda27403321.jpg

8c402b7384ed858cc552956c5a53ae28.jpg

The Nugget

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
Reactions: dhson91

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I’m not the biggest fan, but we’ll give it a go! And if I don’t like it, I’ll either order a sheath, or go caseless
I am not brave enough to go caseless : )....speaking of sheath, I have to say Caudabe's customer service sucks recently. They are so hit or miss when it comes to customers inquiries. I don't know if they are short staffed or what. I placed an order on 9/14 literally minutes after go live and no clue where my order is. Meanwhile people who ordered days after got theirs in no time.

Reactions: Djones96

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
I received my apple fine woven cases and those will likely go back for all the reasons discussed here. I'm just in disbelief on what they have replaced their leather cases with at the same premium price. Just my .02, but their focus on leather is just a bridge too far. There are plenty of materials I the phone itself way more environmentally unfriendly if going down that road. Not looking to argue that point....I just prefer leather and in most cases (no pun intended) leather good are designed to be kept for a longer period of time as they last. Like they singled out the guy for the leather jacket....and I have one myself. I have had it for 3 years and will wear it for many many more so in terms of waste, it's a pretty good proposition.

I just can't find the leader case that ticks all the boxes. I would LOVE to get the Bullstrap but I want a covered bottom personally. If they had a full coverage case, that would have been an easy choice.

I ordered the Andar Aspen, which arrives today. That has a cutout for the action button instead of a real button, so we'll see.

I also ordered a Mujjo, but I don't expect as much from it.

My thinking on the action button is it will depend on what you use it for. I plan on it being the mute switch on witch case the cutout is really no different than any other year. IF you want to assign the camera to it, then yeah but recess might be a pain.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
What is the best Mous case in terms of feeling good in the hand/grip for the 15 Pro?
I find the Mous aramid fibre case to be too slippery and feel sharp in the hand.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I am not brave enough to go caseless : )....speaking of sheath, I have to say Caudabe's customer service sucks recently. They are so hit or miss when it comes to customers inquiries. I don't know if they are short staffed or what. I placed an order on 9/14 literally minutes after go live and no clue where my order is. Meanwhile people who ordered days after got theirs in no time.
I have never gone caseless before, so we'll see if it comes to fruition this year lol. Usually Caudabe has good customer service, I wonder what's up. Have you sent them multiple emails? Maybe try that.
I upgrade every year and have never put a screen protector on my phone. I am always tempted to but never do. I heard these Spigen's are good, have you used these before and they are worth it?
Not OP but I have been using Spigens screen protectors since the iPhone 13, and they have been wonderful for me. I've only ever had to replace a grand total of like 3 of them since the 13. They're really durable.

Reactions: IconIc215

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
I upgrade every year and have never put a screen protector on my phone. I am always tempted to but never do. I heard these Spigen's are good, have you used these before and they are worth it?
Have always used Spigen screen protector for all my phones in the past. First thing I do before using the phone. They are good and do protect from scratches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.