Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Got this one:

The entire case has a nice, soft-touch feel. The back has a nice, frosted transparent look. Buttons are clicky and responsive. Got the gray one. Might pick up more colors.
I got the same in blue, for my blue iPhone
53207157537_03771fae8a.jpg
53208038376_d4586b2ed3.jpg

I also got a Spigen case, but I don't care for the feel of it as much as the Aulofe case.
53208418369_f68441004b_w.jpg
53207157567_4f7072cb59_w.jpg

Both combined from Amazon were cheaper than one case from the Apple store, and I think feel better in the hand.

FatCatSings

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
That's weird. I have two Sheaths on me right now (one on my wife's phone) and the speaker cutouts are fine on both. iPhone speakers sound great. I wonder if you just got a dud? Mine is pretty much perfect in all other aspects too. High quality from Caudabe as usual.
Same, my Sheath has perfect cutouts for the speakers. None of the holes are blocked off.

I also don’t hate the Action button cutout because of how they tapered the edges to make it easy to access. Way better than the disaster that’s the Andar Aspen disappointment, where I can’t press the button at all unless I dig in with a fingernail. I’ll still probably prefer the button version of the Sheath, but this will be a good backup case once that arrives.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Love Nomad products but DAMN those cutouts on the bottom give me nightmares o_O

Was going to order the ultra orange rugged but not if it has those HUUUGE cutouts.

Reactions: AE14

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011

I also got a Spigen case, but I don't care for the feel of it as much as the Aulofe case.

Both combined from Amazon were cheaper than one case from the Apple store, and I think feel better in the hand.
I wish the Aulofe's blue was a little less dark. I usually get blue cases, but this time went with the gray one because the blue is so dark. I might pickup the pink and purple too just to mix it up a bit.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Phone Rebel Gen 5, any action before the year is out or are we talking early 2024?

Hello, anybody out there.......................................

Reactions: Jaggrey

irod87

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
53207157537_03771fae8a.jpg
53208038376_d4586b2ed3.jpg

53208418369_f68441004b_w.jpg
53207157567_4f7072cb59_w.jpg

Hard to tell it's blue in your photo. Is it just the photo lighting?

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I wish the Aulofe's blue was a little less dark. I usually get blue cases, but this time went with the gray one because the blue is so dark. I might pickup the pink and purple too just to mix it up a bit.
That's what I liked about the case. The darker Blue I think goes well with my other Apple stuff that I started getting in their blue colors. That's the 15 inch Macbook Air with a DBrand skin on, that the phone is on top of.

Reactions: Synomenon

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Need help, more opinions on which variant to go with of the Mous limitless…
Aramid Fiber or
Black Leather

I love the Fiber but I have a bit of OCD about the fingerprints, so the leather seems like the better choice for me… but that aramid just looks so sexy!! 🤦‍♂️

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Caudabe Synthesis is going back. The fit is extremely tight to the point where putting the phone in or taking it out feels like you’re doing damage. I guess I’ll try the Sheath.
Have you tried taking it out pressing on the area where the camera is? I press on that area to remove every case that is tight.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
An update on mine, they finally shipped it on 10/22 (five days after order). Still haven't replied to any of my emails thought the last one at least got an auto-reply from their support bot. It feels like my original order and emails fell off their radar somehow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Glad your case was finally shipped out. I love their cases and they are always my go to, even for the clear cases.

Reactions: reub

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Little scary watching these drop test videos. Have felt pretty confident that my phone wasn’t going to break with a slim minimal case on it until the 15 series. Everythingapplepro did a drop test and both the pro and pro max shattered first drop and scuffed the band. Guess I’ll have to second guess using a Pitaka Mag EZ this time around.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Guys, about the decoded leather case in tan:
+ leather feels really good
+ smells nice too
+ buttons stick out a lot and are extremely clicky
+ camera bump and lay on the table are excellent

- usb c cutout almost does not work with my 3.1 Samsung T7 cable
- the phone looks much thicker

Overall really nice. Will look for a slim clear case for switching around :)
I’ve got the navy and love it. I will get a picture up in then next few days.

Interesting that you think the phone looks thicker; I don’t think it adds too much at all. Very similar to Apple’s (obsolete) leather cases.

Reactions: cucafcp

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
That's weird. I have two Sheaths on me right now (one on my wife's phone) and the speaker cutouts are fine on both. iPhone speakers sound great. I wonder if you just got a dud? Mine is pretty much perfect in all other aspects too. High quality from Caudabe as usual.
Yes mine is perfect as well.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
The FineWoven fits really well, and is thinner than the silicone. But you can see the marks left by light pressure, so it’s definitely going back. Next time they go on sale I may pick one up only because of the fit, but I don’t think they’re worth $60.
Meanwhile the Clay silicone case looks amazing and will do for now. Mujjo leather coming on Monday.
I'm taking mine back as well due to how easily it scuffs. I like it but I also like my cases to look nice as well. I don't think it will look good in a few weeks with my usage.

Reactions: VSMacOne

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m sending the Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid white case back. It’s too many fingerprints on the back of the case. I just might have to use the Caudabe Synthesis Celestial Blue case until they ship my Lucid Clear cases.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Need help, more opinions on which variant to go with of the Mous limitless…
Aramid Fiber or
Black Leather

I love the Fiber but I have a bit of OCD about the fingerprints, so the leather seems like the better choice for me… but that aramid just looks so sexy!! 🤦‍♂️

The Aramid Fiber looks better, the leather does not have the bad fingerprint problem and little better grip.

Get the Aramid ;)

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
Has anyone gotten one of the frosty back/magsafe ring visible hybrid style cases with a Pro where the Apple logo is centered inside the ring? I got 3 from 3 sellers; overall really like them - but all are off (logo is a lot higher in the circle) Yes this is ridiculous to care about but I know you all get it :)

Pic below is this one stock (even) and real (too high):

Also got red from this seller, same thing:

And Jtech, again same thing:

I got the jtech one but it's too slippy for me. Need something else

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Alright, reporting back with my cases. My final choice was actually quite suprising.

My shortlist was:
- Nomad Leather Horween
- Nomad Rugged (just to check their improved lip)
- Otterbox Defender XT

I have a black titanium pro max, attached some pictures.

Nomad Leather Horween

View attachment 2278258

View attachment 2278259

View attachment 2278260

View attachment 2278261

View attachment 2278262

Nomad Rugged (with improved lip)

View attachment 2278263

View attachment 2278264

View attachment 2278265

View attachment 2278266

View attachment 2278267

Otterbox Defender XT

View attachment 2278268

View attachment 2278269

View attachment 2278270

View attachment 2278271

View attachment 2278272

Conclusion
And this was quite a surprise for me. My first choice before trying them all on, was the Nomad Leather. It looks great, feels good. Nice grip and the buttons work great. Especially the action button feels very clicky. However my main concern was the lip, which is almost non existent. Yes there might be a 0,1 mm edge, so technically it does not touch the surface when face down. But I feel that even a small bit of sand, could ruin this.

The Nomad Rugged dropped of my shortlist, because it had the same problem as the leather, but their site showed an almost 0,5 mm extra lip, compared to the iPhone 14 case, which peaked my interest again, so I ordered it. My second doubt was that the rim/edge on the back would make it impossible to place it on my charging dock, but since the Pro Max is bigger, this was no problem. However my biggest issue with this case was it is really slippery in hand, yes on the table it has a nice lip and same goes for the back, so it won't slide anywhere, but it just felt very slippery in hand. Also for some odd reason the action button feels almost non-existent when clicking it. Very odd, since I assume it should work the same as the leather case.

Last case I tried was the Otterbox Defender XT, and immediately when puttig it in the rubber casing (before installing the rim), it felt like a great fit. Installing the rim is a lot easier than those YouTubers make it out to be, or Otterbox might have improved that design(?), anyway, it took me less than a minute to make it align properly. Once installed the grip was amazing, even though it added a bit more bulk. This case isn't going anywhere. It has a lip, which funnily enough feels (and looks?) smaller than that of the Nomad Rugged, but should suffice. The rim also gives a nice "slope" which makes swiping feel good. My biggest "problem" with this case is that it only has 1 lanyard attachment, versus the two attachment points the Nomad cases have, so I will have to find a solution for my neck strap, how to best attach it. Also a bit worried that this big case will make future game controllers difficult to attach, but since this case was also my cheapest one at 40 bucks. I won't mind upgrading to another case once those start being released.

So winner: Otterbox Defender XT!

PS:
I've the Spigen Spigen GlasTr EZfit on the phone.

Hope this write up helps people! :)
Your Nomad Leather case looks fantastic on that phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.