Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
That's weird. I have two Sheaths on me right now (one on my wife's phone) and the speaker cutouts are fine on both. iPhone speakers sound great. I wonder if you just got a dud? Mine is pretty much perfect in all other aspects too. High quality from Caudabe as usual.
Yup, the cutouts are there, but they’re definitely not centered. The camera cutout is good but the action button in mine is slightly off the center as well.

I know, first world problems, but Caudabe just jacked up the price on the Sheaths, so the quality of the cutouts better be perfect if you’re commanding more money for them, just saying.

I’m sure future cases will be corrected, but this is the first time it’s happened to me.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpeg
    IMG_0563.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0558.png
    IMG_0558.png
    403.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0559.png
    IMG_0559.png
    588.3 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: Cavefishes

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Alright, reporting back with my cases. My final choice was actually quite suprising.

My shortlist was:
- Nomad Leather Horween
- Nomad Rugged (just to check their improved lip)
- Otterbox Defender XT

I have a black titanium pro max, attached some pictures.

Nomad Leather Horween

View attachment 2278258

View attachment 2278259

View attachment 2278260

View attachment 2278261

View attachment 2278262

Nomad Rugged (with improved lip)

View attachment 2278263

View attachment 2278264

View attachment 2278265

View attachment 2278266

View attachment 2278267

Otterbox Defender XT

View attachment 2278268

View attachment 2278269

View attachment 2278270

View attachment 2278271

View attachment 2278272

Conclusion
And this was quite a surprise for me. My first choice before trying them all on, was the Nomad Leather. It looks great, feels good. Nice grip and the buttons work great. Especially the action button feels very clicky. However my main concern was the lip, which is almost non existent. Yes there might be a 0,1 mm edge, so technically it does not touch the surface when face down. But I feel that even a small bit of sand, could ruin this.

The Nomad Rugged dropped of my shortlist, because it had the same problem as the leather, but their site showed an almost 0,5 mm extra lip, compared to the iPhone 14 case, which peaked my interest again, so I ordered it. My second doubt was that the rim/edge on the back would make it impossible to place it on my charging dock, but since the Pro Max is bigger, this was no problem. However my biggest issue with this case was it is really slippery in hand, yes on the table it has a nice lip and same goes for the back, so it won't slide anywhere, but it just felt very slippery in hand. Also for some odd reason the action button feels almost non-existent when clicking it. Very odd, since I assume it should work the same as the leather case.

Last case I tried was the Otterbox Defender XT, and immediately when puttig it in the rubber casing (before installing the rim), it felt like a great fit. Installing the rim is a lot easier than those YouTubers make it out to be, or Otterbox might have improved that design(?), anyway, it took me less than a minute to make it align properly. Once installed the grip was amazing, even though it added a bit more bulk. This case isn't going anywhere. It has a lip, which funnily enough feels (and looks?) smaller than that of the Nomad Rugged, but should suffice. The rim also gives a nice "slope" which makes swiping feel good. My biggest "problem" with this case is that it only has 1 lanyard attachment, versus the two attachment points the Nomad cases have, so I will have to find a solution for my neck strap, how to best attach it. Also a bit worried that this big case will make future game controllers difficult to attach, but since this case was also my cheapest one at 40 bucks. I won't mind upgrading to another case once those start being released.

So winner: Otterbox Defender XT!

PS:
I've the Spigen Spigen GlasTr EZfit on the phone.

Hope this write up helps people! :)
Does the rugged still show oily fingerprints on the back this year?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
The Aramid Fiber looks better, the leather does not have the bad fingerprint problem and little better grip.

Get the Aramid ;)
My thoughts exactly! Lol 😆 leather is 5 dollars cheaper but no sense pinching pennies!

Do you happen to have any pics of your black iPhone with the aramid mous?

Reactions: Hooterville

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
For those of you who got the mous limitless case, do the buttons still rattle when you shake the case?
Without the phone in it yes, with the phone it's only audible if it's right up to your ear and shaken vigorously to barely hear it. After carrying it around all day I never noticed a sound.

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
I got the jtech one but it's too slippy for me. Need something else
Funny out of all these ones I got the Jtech was least slippery lol. But - my cameras were thicker with the glass covers than the lip of that case :( and the green was a weird green. The search continues.

yustas

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
I just came back from Best Buy. They don't have a huge selection of cases, but most mainstream, populars brands are there. I went through all of them. I like only one case, Speck Presidio2 Grip MagSafe. It seems most cases have one, common weak spot, the bottom, where the cutouts are. Speck's case is rock solid in that area and overall seems very solid.

Reactions: maverick22

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Got the Benks Armor Air in. This thing is thin as hell, and light too. The edges of the case just barely come over the edge of the phone on the front, to the point where I would say there’s no screen protection. I’ve got a Flolab protector coming anyway. The camera bump gets solid protection.

The thing is, the 15 Pro Max feels absolutely perfectly weighted and balanced without a case. Even 21 grams or whatever the Benks weighs is enough to make it feel heavier in the hand. I might just use this for going out and keep it caseless at home.

Reactions: Djones96

Bkfraiders7

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
Spigen Tough Armor (as always) on a 15 Pro Max with a Spigen Glass Screen protector. It’s been my go to since the iPhone 7 Plus and has always held up well, knock on wood. Light, thin, and high protection.

NrFive

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2021
Update on my end. The Otterbox Defender XT is going back. The moment I attached a lanyard and held my phone with it, the rim came lose. So my second best choice for now is the Nomad Rugged.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
just to report back

I got my Benks ArmorPro few days ago and I like the touch sensation of the back and so far I have not seen any fingerprint!

however, the metal buttons seems and the camera module protector seem abit loose
Glad to hear the fingerprints aren’t a big deal but, oof I’d exchange the case cause the buttons being a little loose isn’t a big deal but the metal camera module shouldn’t be.

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
Glad to hear the fingerprints aren’t a big deal but, oof I’d exchange the case cause the buttons being a little loose isn’t a big deal but the metal camera module shouldn’t be.
I dont have the phone yet so need to wait and try out how it gonna fare after I put the case on

Now i have another problem to consider which is the screen protector

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
I always like the Otterbox Defender Pro series of cases but the one on the iPhone 14 Pro left me sadly disappointed. The issues were not MagSafe compatible, the belt holster lacked strength to hold the phone when clipped in properly dropping the phone from the holster.

I started to search around Amazon and found Mybat Pro Maverick series and It seems to fit the bill of being MagSafe compatible, have a strong holster top clip also making it a stand for the iPhone 15 Pro I have, Mybat also included a tempered glass screen protector. I ordered one last night and this afternoon Amazon made the delivery. I am at this point very satisfied with the purchase. Cost was $32.99, less than half the cost of the Otterbox which also was one of my other beefs with Otterbox as they have raised their prices a lot over the last few years. Since I am retired I still work in the yard and my shop I am still rather rough and hard working hence the reason I want something that is heavy duty protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.