Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
No case when at home but if I’m out and about I’ve got this arriving this coming week…

Always rated Pelican products and I like the design as well considering it’s a tough protection case.

I did also buy two others, Apple fine woven and a Bellroy leather, both are going to be returned as the fine woven will just get marked and ruined fairly quickly I fear and the Bellroy only has a cut out for the action button and doesn’t allow you to press it! Very poor design.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
No case when at home but if I’m out and about I’ve got this arriving this coming week…

Always rated Pelican products and I like the design as well considering it’s a tough protection case.

I did also buy two others, Apple fine woven and a Bellroy leather, both are going to be returned as the fine woven will just get marked and ruined fairly quickly I fear and the Bellroy only has a cut out for the action button and doesn’t allow you to press it! Very poor design.

Well that pelican case also has a hole for the action button base on the picture I saw in the link

Reactions: Ntombi

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
JETech electroplated case for the iPhone 15 PM 🤷‍♂️, good enough! It’s a smoke Clear TPU case with camera protection and MagSafe for under $15.

Reactions: ISKOTB

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
For now I’ll go with Spigen rugged armor magfit or spigen magnetic ultra hybrid when I get my iPhone 15 PM this week.

Eventually I’ll return it to Amazon until I can get the updated caudable sheath or synthesis for my iPhone 15 pro max.

What’s up with all this case companies putting a hole cutout for the action button

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This one. It’s cheap but it works fine.
1695512621941.jpeg

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Well that pelican case also has a hole for the action button base on the picture I saw in the link

It does, however the cut out looks big enough to still press the button and in their page it does say the case shown is with a 14 Pro, so it might be that the new case has a button, I’ll find out when it arrives and if it’s no good that too will be returned.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Yup, the cutouts are there, but they’re definitely not centered. The camera cutout is good but the action button in mine is slightly off the center as well.

I know, first world problems, but Caudabe just jacked up the price on the Sheaths, so the quality of the cutouts better be perfect if you’re commanding more money for them, just saying.

I’m sure future cases will be corrected, but this is the first time it’s happened to me.

I definitely get wanting precision, but it just seems like you got a dud. I'm literally staring at mine (and posted pics above). The speaker cutouts are centered and the action button is on point too. It's almost like we're talking about two different cases? Haha.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I'm worried, these phones seem pretty fragile o_O

Watched the JerryRig and EverythingApple pro videos and it's does not take much to kill the back glass or the finish :(

I mentioned that last page… looks like those minimalist cases are going to be a gamble this year, which sucks because I really wanted to get the Pitaka MagEZ to see those titanium sides..

Mr. Bear

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2021
I also got the Spine Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear. I want to be able to see my blue titanium phone! And I didn't want the big Mag ring on the back...

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Have you tried taking it out pressing on the area where the camera is? I press on that area to remove every case that is tight.

Yeah, that's a good tip. I love the grip on the sides of the Synthesis and I don't have any problems taking it on and off either. The fit is tight on both of the Sheath and Synthesis, but that's one of the reasons I love Caudabe cases. Feels really secure.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Little scary watching these drop test videos. Have felt pretty confident that my phone wasn’t going to break with a slim minimal case on it until the 15 series. Everythingapplepro did a drop test and both the pro and pro max shattered first drop and scuffed the band. Guess I’ll have to second guess using a Pitaka Mag EZ this time around.
I know I'm just being lazy now, but how high was the drop test? Just curious because I don't recall iPhones ever shattering on the first drop. Scuffing around the band is expected.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
I also got the Spine Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear. I want to be able to see my blue titanium phone! And I didn't want the big Mag ring on the back...

i also hate the visible mag rings on clear cases. it looks so ugly. thats why i think i'll go with a solid back mag ring case so i dont have to see that eyesore.

Reactions: Teach8870

ab2c4

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2013
I got a spigen ultra hybrid for my new phone. I can see me either getting the speck clear case or the zagg clear case in the future for their rounded sides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.