Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

OceanWraith

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2023
Turkiye
I prefer Spigen, Caseology, Ciel by Cyrill, UAG and Torro Leather UK brands. I have also tried the ESR clear case.

However, I gave up on buying a transparent case. Because it starts to yellowing within 2 months. Hate it.

For now, I only bought the Caseology Athlex Active Black case.

Last edited:

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
OtterBox Defender XT. Good protection without the bulk of the old Defender.
Yup. Both 15+ phones got Defender XT cases placed as soon as we had the screen protector on. Kept our phones safe for years and Otterbox warranty is a lifesaver when my kids crack the case or stretch out the rubber.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
After a day, the Nomad leather case is a bit thick for me. Nice and all, though.

Ordered a Pitaka MagEZ 4, Torras slim fit, and Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit. We’ll see which plasticky case sucks less.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2015
For those of you who chose to snug it up, what case are you using?
The simple best case I've ever seen, regardless of money, is the Pitaka pro case. I’d bought several Apple cases and nothing had a better fit, smaller profile, felt better, and lasted longer. But since it didn’t arrive on time I’m currently using an Apple silicon case. I bought the phone day one because I’m going to Europe tomorrow and wanted the better camera. When I get back I’ll probably switch to the Pitaka.

Reactions: Ron21

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I ordered this Otterbox Defender series XT case from Verizon because I had 10% off accessories. And it’s out of stock on the Otterbox website already. I’m super stoked to get to my phone. I’m hoping it will ship early 🤞🏻

IMG_0128.jpeg

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I dont have the phone yet so need to wait and try out how it gonna fare after I put the case on

Now i have another problem to consider which is the screen protector
I went with the Spigen GlasTR screen protector but this year’s version are lacking for me.

The edges gather dust like crazy and when I went to pull up an edge to remove a speck of dust that got under during installation the glass started to split from the adhesive smh. I was shocked because with the 14 pro the glass didn't have dust get stuck to the edges nor did they split when lifting one of the edges.

I tried to install the second one and when removing the plastic to reveal the adhesive the glass popped off and fell on my carpet 🤦‍♂. I may go back to plastic film style protectors…

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
I've tried 5 cases.

1) Apple fine Woven.... utter garbage for $60

2) Mujjo Leather - feels like crap, fit is bad and it smells of chemicals

3) Lonli Classic - Feels like plastic

4) Lonli Edition - now this one surprised me given the classic was awful. It claims to be full grain leather and feels very nice. It DOES have an actual button for the action button despite the pictures on amazon showing a cutout. The buttons look a bit crooked when on the phone though and the area around the volume buttons pushed away from the phone a bit. Could probably live with that especially given the price. However, reviews for the 14 pro edition case had a lot of people showing theirs peeling....so while it might feel like good leather, I'm not sure it is. The lip protecting the cameras is just barely high enough to clear the lenses so not great there.

5) Andar Aspen - I keep coming back to this case over the Lonli Edition. The leather just seems to be actual full grain. I wish it had a button instead of a cutout for the action button (I'm sure they will release one soon). I would prefer matching color buttons and camera surround to black, but not a deal breaker.

I'll probably keep the Lonli Edition and Andar Aspen...the others are going back for sure. If you order the Lonli, be sure it's the Edition...the Classic is trash. Crazy since it's the same company, same price.

As a side note, titanium in black at least sucks to clean. at least with mirrored stainless fingerprints wipe right off. This matte titanium stains and it takes moisture and microfiber to buff it off. That paired with the aluminum internal frame and the results of the bend and drop tests and Apple has gone backwards in durability. Reminds me of the 6 Plus bendgate issues. Makes me really paranoid swapping cases. They should have gone with brushed stainless or at least kept the internal frame steel. It ain't THAT much lighter. Maybe those with the natural titanium are faring better.

Some comparison pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    793.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1455.jpeg
    IMG_1455.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
No it has not. Those *******s are taking advantage of supply and demand raising them to $100 on Mous own website. Screw you Mous being dirt bags for doing that. They are on the list to never buy from because of this.
that's nuts, they want $115AUD to here now and that's with 8% off so $125 normally, that's 25% increase form 14 pro
that's the pro max is still $125AUD

skrungemaster

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2020
Torras Shockproof again. Dropped my 13PM with it on and both the case and the phone are spotless.

Also really like the swappable button colors.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I know! Prices are getting out of hand. I was on Casetify's website earlier and their most expensive case is way over $100. What is going on???
Casetify has always been one of the most expensive case brands. It’s no surprise that they sponsor 90% of the iPhone YouTubers. They’re always trying to get people to pay those premiums.

Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
I’ve been using counterfeit iPhone cases since Xs, @~$2.75 each. Thin, smooth, grippy & not slippery and resists dust and fingerprints. Nearly identical to genuine, such blasphemy on my part 😊…
IMG_0227.jpeg
IMG_0228.jpeg
IMG_0196.jpeg
IMG_0225.jpeg

Reactions: Dexterama

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Sheath has great magsafe strength too and doesn't show a white ring, for what they are though price is getting a bit much for here, $75AUD with shipping
I got my 14 pro mous and sheath both for $90, if I swap to 15 pro max they would be $200AUD, hard to swallow.

Last edited:

jakja83

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2010
Sheath has great magsafe strength too and doesn't show a white ring, for what they are though price is getting a bit much for here, $75AUD with shipping
I got my 14 pro mous and sheath both for $90, if I swap to 15 pro max they would be $200AUD, hard to swallow.
100% agree. I also live outside US so the total is 75USD delivered, but you get a complimentary Sheath with action button cover in addition to this first one so I could sell one of them later on to reduce the actual cost.

Reactions: Surfsalot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.