Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Hmm.. I haven't even thought about that. Not sure if the pictures are misleading or not, I will have to see once it arrives next week. I might have to return it if they haven't done anything regarding the action button. Having an opening doesn't make much sense now that we have a button to press, not a switch like before.
Agreed, which is my issue with it. I thought the pictures were pretty clear - it's a cut out which will make it very hard to press/hold in - many of the leather manufacturers are seeing this as an issue and offering updates when it's corrected - not sure if that's a whole new case or a button to 'install', but maybe they will have something to say on it. I am trying to find a leather case I like and this one is pretty but I can't find a match between a beautiful leather case and a button for the action button. Time will probably cure this....

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
Out of all the cases being discussed, would you guys buy a case that is -non fiber:fabric- lined.

Like the universal default Otterbox, which straight up protects, but the plastic does scratch/leave a imprint on the frames over time .

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
Agreed, which is my issue with it. I thought the pictures were pretty clear - it's a cut out which will make it very hard to press/hold in - many of the leather manufacturers are seeing this as an issue and offering updates when it's corrected - not sure if that's a whole new case or a button to 'install', but maybe they will have something to say on it. I am trying to find a leather case I like and this one is pretty but I can't find a match between a beautiful leather case and a button for the action button. Time will probably cure this....

I just sent them an e-mail asking for clarification on this. The pictures on the pre-order page are just re-used photos from the iPhone 14. So, it's hard to tell if they updated the design to accommodate the action button. It would be a massive oversight if they hadn't.

Reactions: mizzourah

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I just sent them an e-mail asking for clarification on this. The pictures on the pre-order page are just re-used photos from the iPhone 14. So, it's hard to tell if they updated the design to accommodate the action button. It would be a massive oversight if they hadn't.
Ah - I didn't realize that - will be interested to see what their response to you is.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
I got the Nomad leather (english tan, natural leather) case, but having second thoughts of going with the clay on the natural 15 Pro. Tough choices.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Ah gotcha! TBH I don't think you can go wrong with any of the color options this year. I'm running the clay silicone on my White titanium, and am quite liking the combo. I bought knockoff silicone cases last year from AliExpress and stopped using them after a couple of days because they felt REALLY sticky and you could see every last bit of lint. This year I bought the clay silicone directly from Apple, and it's like a night and day difference. The lint is still there, but no where near the amount the knockoffs would collect. I'm very pleased with it so far.

Sure! Give me a few minutes to finish up some things here at the office.
Ughhh so I just had a closer look at them in good lighting....BOTH have cosmetic issues :rolleyes: Like WTF

• Sad
Reactions: Djones96

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
IMG_0048.jpeg

Attached a MagSafe magnet to my Spigen ThinFit because there’s no way in hell I was going to use this case with no MagSafe🤣

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Oh no. What are the cosmetic issues they have? Luckily mine doesn't have any, that or I'm just blind to them 😂
The white one has a nice scratch right under the power button and chipped edge near the usb c port. The natural something looks way off on the one side almost discolored that doesn't wipe off and one of the rings around the camera module is marked up. After looking at these titanium sides, I really wonder how these are going to hold up long term. I guess I better place another order. On the flipside, I can see how they are going to handle some of the known issues people have been pointing out via software updates etc.

• Sad

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
The white one has a nice scratch right under the power button and chipped edge near the usb c port. The natural something looks way off on the one side almost discolored that doesn't wipe off and one of the rings around the camera module is marked up. After looking at these titanium sides, I really wonder how these are going to hold up long term. I guess I better place another order. On the flipside, I can see how they are going to handle some of the known issues people have been pointing out via software updates etc.
Ah man, that sounds terrible, I'm sorry. I guess I got lucky that mine was in pristine condition out of the box. The durability long term has been on my mind more and more lately, so I guess we'll see how they hold up. I hope the phones aren't super backordered and you'll be able to get replacements in a timely manner, and none of the replacements have defects. I know you just noticed them, but have you contacted Apple yet?

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Ah man, that sounds terrible, I'm sorry. I guess I got lucky that mine was in pristine condition out of the box. The durability long term has been on my mind more and more lately, so I guess we'll see how they hold up. I hope the phones aren't super backordered and you'll be able to get replacements in a timely manner, and none of the replacements have defects. I know you just noticed them, but have you contacted Apple yet?
Nah I don't bother contacting them if I am in the 14 day window.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Nah I don't bother contacting them if I am in the 14 day window.
Makes sense. Have you looked into what the timeframe for new device(s) would be? Also; Out of respect for everyone in this thread, we should move our conversation into DM's 🤣

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Ah got you that’s awesome! Can’t wait to see photos, the blue MagSafe will look great on Blue iPhone.

I personally don’t do Lucid Clear as the tiny edges around the buttons have broken on me in the past and I’ve just given up on it.
I love that case. It’s the only one that hasn’t turned yellow. Every clear case I’ve ever owned turned yellow over time.

Reactions: JBlass421
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.