Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Okay, so I take my back my positive comments about the Benks armor Air. The case is so tight and difficult to take off that when removing it, the bottom bent right over and the case is no longer usable. it doesn’t help that the bottom of the case has slits on the left and right corners, so that makes the rigidity vulnerable. Reviews on Amazon about the Pitaka MagEZ 4 which is pretty much the same design also say the same about that case also being really difficult to remove.
I’ve sent Benks an email although I’ll be surprised if I get a positive response

Reactions: maverick22

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I got the  clear case . It's expensive but as I had one with my 12 Pro I know it doesn't get yellow . I use it with a pop socket .

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
which one is the bumper version? I can't see it on the website, just solid suite.

Browse by device, there’s 2. You’ll see them.

Have you ever tried these? My friend used one on the 14 Plus last year and was very happy with the feel and protection.

SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Mag Case for iPhone 15 Pro 6.1", Compatible with MagSafe Shockproof Protective Slim Clear Case (Navy) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDLS9MTS?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_XBKX6QR3YVANSEX08DW1

I have not tried the unicorn. I’ve seen one in person though and they looked decent.

Are camera protectors even necessary?

I like the look of them. I’m sure if you drop the phone in rocky or gravel type environments, it’ll keep in-between the cameras from getting scratched or dinged.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Caudabe Sheath arrived today, not impressed. I loved last years but this years have taken a backwards step I feel.
For starters the magnets are very apparent on the rear, doesn't look nice.
Twice as many slits on the buttons. I understand these help put on/remove the case but the more slits the more likely grit makes it's way in and scratch the phone when removing to clean.
The front lip has a sharper bevel to it.
A couple of pluses, the speaker/mic cutouts are a little smaller and the soft internal liner is a good addition & it still feels good in the hand.

I'll wait until l get my hands on the revised one before dismissing entirely but for now I much, much prefer my Benks Armor Pro. I've just ordered the similar Spigen Enzo Aramid to compare to the Benks Armor Pro but will return if inferior.

IMG_4698.jpeg

IMG_4699.jpeg

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Has anyone gotten the Spigen C1 yet? Just got it delivered. I had the case when it previously came out for the iPhone X. Decided to try it again since they re-released it for the 15 pro and pro max (it's an homage to the iMac G3). After putting it on, ut makes the phone bigger/thicker and the action button is kind of hard to use now...

View attachment 2283416

Unfortunately it's going back. Looks great but the action button is a bit mushy and the cut outs are a bit uncomfortable on the pinky. Shame.
The frame & buttons that look white in that pic are actually silver.

Reactions: t1m1t

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
My decoded navy leather case just arrived for my blue pm. Comparing it to the benks case I have. The benks is easier for swiping up from the bottom with the belkin screen protector I have. The decoded is slightly slimmer which based on my screen protector isn’t good as the sharpness from the screen protector can be felt when swiping up.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
View attachment 2283400

This is the only reason I'm good with the open bottom. Received my iPhone X with the Taupe leather case and open bottom in October 2017. Used this case for 90% of its life. I'm a consultant and this has traveled everywhere with me including around the world a good number times. Honestly shocked that the bottom is still in decent condition. Never used a screen protector either. Since apple doesn't support system updates for these anymore, I have to move on.
Hope I didn't jinx myself.
For me it’s not so much the protection but I often use my phone one handed with a pinky on the bottom to support it and I feel like this would be uncomfortable.

Reactions: MM301

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Caudabe Sheath arrived today, not impressed. I loved last years but this years have taken a backwards step I feel.
For starters the magnets are very apparent on the rear, doesn't look nice.
Twice as many slits on the buttons. I understand these help put on/remove the case but the more slits the more likely grit makes it's way in and scratch the phone when removing to clean.
The front lip has a sharper bevel to it.
A couple of pluses, the speaker/mic cutouts are a little smaller and the soft internal liner is a good addition & it still feels good in the hand.

I'll wait until l get my hands on the revised one before dismissing entirely but for now I much, much prefer my Benks Armor Pro. I've just ordered the similar Spigen Enzo Aramid to compare to the Benks Armor Pro but will return if inferior.

View attachment 2283512

View attachment 2283513
Mine isn’t like this.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
Ah - I didn't realize that - will be interested to see what their response to you is.

Here is their response:

Thanks for contacting Team Bullstrap! The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus have the same open window for the toggle switch while the 15 Pro and Pro Max have been replaced with a button similar to the volume and power buttons :).

Sounds like I’m good.

Reactions: mizzourah

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I actually prefer to not have the bottom covered. The official Apple cases make it impossible to use Nomad Kevlar USB-C cables because it won’t fit the cutout. Find it much more pleasing to slide from the bottom to unlock etc. when there is no lip from the case at bottom of the phone.

Reactions: ryansebiz

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I actually prefer to not have the bottom covered. The official Apple cases make it impossible to use Nomad Kevlar USB-C cables because it won’t fit the cutout. Find it much more pleasing to slide from the bottom to unlock etc. when there is no lip from the case at bottom of the phone.
Is that why some cases have no bottom, so it is easier to swipe up? I only have used Apple leather cases, so always had the bottom covered. Could see how no bottom could be a benefit, but then does the bottom scratch easier?

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
No
yeah that makes sense. Currently using a Sheath, but if I decide to check out a leather case it’ll probably be Bullstrap.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Anyone else’s caudabe synthesis so tight it’s actually hard to get on and off the phone?

I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t realise there was no lining in the case. But besides that I think it’s a great case.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Gripzilla arrived yesterday: nice case. I like the enlarged corners. Haven’t really put it thru its paces yet as far as MagSafe but the buttons are very clicky and responsive. Would recommend so far… here’s a couple quick pics…

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0860.jpeg
    IMG_0860.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0861.jpeg
    IMG_0861.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0862.jpeg
    IMG_0862.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 146

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Here is their response:

Thanks for contacting Team Bullstrap! The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus have the same open window for the toggle switch while the 15 Pro and Pro Max have been replaced with a button similar to the volume and power buttons :).

Sounds like I’m good.
Agree and I will renew my interest in picking one up - thanks. And thanks for contacting them and sharing the response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.