Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
Bellroy Leather iPhone case, simply beautiful!

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-28 at 14.24.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-28 at 14.24.47 (1).jpeg

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
How did it feel in the hands?
well - the best thing I can say is that it didn't really feel like anything - it was neutral - it didn't add heft - and wasn't slippery - it connected to any magsafe accessory in my car and I have their bike mount so it worked well with this - so overall, in all aspects, it was a positive.

Con1750

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Bellroy Leather iPhone case, simply beautiful!

View attachment 2283645

View attachment 2283646
Got this case also, bit of a shame it isnt full leather on the top and bottoms. Also the leather has a rubbery feel and grainy look and my power button is quite mushy and requires almost no force to press.

To top it off my case out of the box is marked in the shape of the magsafe ring.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    635 KB · Views: 122

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
Got this case also, bit of a shame it isnt full leather on the top and bottoms. Also the leather has a rubbery feel and grainy look and my power button is quite mushy and requires almost no force to press.

To top it off my case out of the box is marked in the shape of the magsafe ring.
I have the same issues as well but I'd rather have this than a FineWoven.

I'm hoping the rubbery feel will go away in time and the light power button is something I'll get used to. I used to have a Bellroy case for my iPhone 11 and I do prefer the design of this one as it wraps around more of the leather.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Apologies if others have posted this one among the previous 99 pages. After trying 4 cases, i have found the one. I LOVE this case. Yes the sides are huge finger print magnets but i have cloths at my desk and around my house. I paired it with my white 15 PM. Alphex Magnetic.

Alphex Magnetic for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, Compatible with MagSafe, Official Color Match for iPhone, 12FT Military Grade Shockproof Phone Cover 6.7 inch 2023 New, White Titanium, Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9TCFL9S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_dp_D5EJ9WB3E7FZ44QRVYH6

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    558.3 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Shark5150

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Aaron from Mobile reviews said the rhinoshield bumper is made of a different material and is actually grippy now. I wonder if the solid suit is too?

Edit: nope, still slippery.
The solidsuit looks like a great case with lots of color options. May have to give this one a try. Will be returning my Apple silicone case as it is just not holding up well.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Anyone else’s caudabe synthesis so tight it’s actually hard to get on and off the phone?

I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t realise there was no lining in the case. But besides that I think it’s a great case.
I press down on the camera lenses to pull my case off. It’s been easier to get off that way. As far as putting it on, it’s a tight fit.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I have four cases right now, though my FineWoven from AliExpress (probably a fake, but we'll see) is due to be delivered today.

Below are the Torras Guardian Mag, Benks Armor Pro, Supcase Unicorn Beetle, and Andar Aspen (Brown):
cases.jpg

My thoughts so far on all of them:

Torras: I'm actually rather impressed with this case. I've never had a Torras case before and it's very well made, fits perfectly, has a wonderful feel in the hand, and the translucent back mostly hides fingerprints, though not to the degree of a harder frosted polycarb. I like it more than the Unicorn Beetle because of the feel and the reduced fingerprints. I wish the magsafe ring was more titanium colored, though, as the white ring is the only real knock I have.

Benks: Beautifully built case. Fits perfectly, looks great, has a nice metal camera surround and metal buttons, including a little orange accent on the action button. Only downside is that like all fiber/kevlar cases, it will show grease and fingerprints as you go throughout the day, so I find myself wiping it down more often than I'd like.

Supcase: Nice case, feels good, fits good, and looks decent. Buttons are plastic, but are clicky. I like the titanium two tone magsafe ring. The back is inset, which makes the case a little thicker than the others, which I'm not a huge fan of, but because the polycarb is not touching the table when you set it down, it also should avoid scratches a lot more. Overall, it's a nice case, though it will show fingerprints due to the smooth surface, and I wish it was a touch thinner. Still nice, but if I could only have one, I'd keep the Torras in these titanium-ish colored clear back cases.

Andar: beautiful leather quality (feels even better than the Aspen I had on my 14 Pro), with wonderful button feel, tight fit, good magsafe strength, and just looks and feels super premium. Only downside is of course it doesn't have an action button, and has a cutout instead. I can still activate the button reasonably easily, and I don't use the action button enough to make this a dealbreaker, but I think any makers who went this route will be changing, so perhaps best to wait a few weeks before ordering. Overall, probably the best case, though. I just love the way it feels and looks (and smells).

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have four cases right now, though my FineWoven from AliExpress (probably a fake, but we'll see) is due to be delivered today.

Below are the Torras Guardian Mag, Benks Armor Pro, Supcase Unicorn Beetle, and Andar Aspen (Brown):
View attachment 2283748

Torras: I'm actually rather impressed with this case. I've never had a Torras case before and it's very well made, fits perfectly, has a wonderful feel in the hand, and the translucent back mostly hides fingerprints, though not to the degree of a harder frosted polycarb. I like it more than the Unicorn Beetle because of the feel and the reduced fingerprints. I wish the magsafe ring was more titanium colored, though, as the white ring is the only real knock I have.

Benks: Beautifully built case. Fits perfectly, looks great, has a nice metal camera surround and metal buttons, including a little orange accent on the action button. Only downside is that like all fiber/kevlar cases, it will show grease and fingerprints as you go throughout the day, so I find myself wiping it down more often than I'd like.

Supcase: Nice case, feels good, fits good, and looks decent. Buttons are plastic, but are clicky. I like the titanium two tone magsafe ring. The back is inset, which makes the case a little thicker than the others, which I'm not a huge fan of, but because the polycarb is not touching the table when you set it down, it also should avoid scratches a lot more. Overall, it's a nice case, though it will show fingerprints due to the smooth surface, and I wish it was a touch thinner. Still nice, but if I could only have one, I'd keep the Torras in these titanium-ish colored clear back cases.

Andar: beautiful leather quality (feels even better than the Aspen I had on my 14 Pro), with wonderful button feel, tight fit, good magsafe strength, and just looks and feels super premium. Only downside is of course it doesn't have an action button, and has a cutout instead. I can still activate the button reasonably easily, and I don't use the action button enough to make this a dealbreaker, but I think any makers who went this route will be changing, so perhaps best to wait a few weeks before ordering. Overall, probably the best case, though. I just love the way it feels and looks (and smells).
Be interesting to see your AX Finewoven. I ordered one earlier to check out. I don't liek the FW cases but for £12 it's worth a look

Giopet

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
I'm coming to the conclusion that you have to choose between a highly protective case or a case with excellent MagSafe capabilities, but it's rare to find a case that has both things together. 😕

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I'm going to wait until I have the case in hand, but I have a growing fear that I'm not going to enjoy the Sheath as much as I did last year. The added bulk that others have posted about is a big turnoff.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA

View attachment 2283748

I compared the Torras case you have to the one I linked below and they are virtually the same case but the magsafe is a light gray. Its also cheaper than Torras!

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
For what’s it worth, my Synthesis this year felt lighter than the one I had on my 14PM, before I traded the phone into Apple.

Me too! I never understood people complaining about the bulk of the Sheath or Synthesis. They're both still really light. But, what's funny is I think it was really the phone that was the issue. My 15PM with either the Sheath or Synthesis on now feels way lighter than the 14PM. And I compared it with a friend's 14 Pro (not 14 Pro Max). He also has the Sheath on his phone and my 15PM (yes, Pro MAX) feels slightly lighter than his 14 Pro.

fdw777

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
How is the Apple Silicone case? I hear that it gathers dust/lint easily.. I might consider it as I don't like the Mous Limitless Speckled Fabric at all..
I have the Clay Silicon for my 15PM Natural. This is my first Apple Silicon case as I have always used Apple Leather cases and I must say I've been missing out, this case is amazing. And the Clay color is perfect for the Natural.
No lent so far, I haven't tried jean pockets I always wear shorts this time of year so we will see.
IMG_0553.jpeg
IMG_0556.jpeg
IMG_0555.jpeg

Last edited:

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
It's sad that despite all the cases that exist, you can't seem to find a case that is a 9/10
All of them seem to have flaws.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with what I have. It just depends on what you're looking for. And don't forget that people on Macrumors are way pickier than the average person. Heck, your average person would probably be fine with FineWoven cases.

Reactions: shr631

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
For what’s it worth, my Synthesis this year felt lighter than the one I had on my 14PM, before I traded the phone into Apple.
Interesting. My sheath will be here on Saturday, going to see if they'll allow me to get the Synthesis when they release the versions with the action button.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Me too! I never understood people complaining about the bulk of the Sheath or Synthesis. They're both still really light. But, what's funny is I think it was really the phone that was the issue. My 15PM with either the Sheath or Synthesis on now feels way lighter than the 14PM. And I compared it with a friend's 14 Pro (not 14 Pro Max). He also has the Sheath on his phone and my 15PM (yes, Pro MAX) feels slightly lighter than his 14 Pro.
I noticed the difference right away picking them both up.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I like the simplicity of the silicone cases. I just don’t think they would be able to take a drop well, would they?

I’m not clumsy, but that one time my phone did happen to fall, I wouldn’t have much confidence my phone will be okay.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.