Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
View attachment 2283905 Why did I get home and checked my mailbox for my Caudabe package, and it’s not what I ordered . I matched the order numbers up with my order confirmation and shipping confirmation, and they both were the Lucid Clear Celestial Blue. I sent Caudabe an email because I am angry right now.

Whoa! I would be too! Looks like you gained a free Caudabe charger and brick though

just1

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
France
I’m looking for the thinnest learher case for my 15PM. Any idea ?
Which case is thinner ? Andar, Keyway, Lonli… ?

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
View attachment 2283905 Why did I get home and checked my mailbox for my Caudabe package, and it’s not what I ordered 😭😭. I matched the order numbers up with my order confirmation and shipping confirmation, and they both were the Lucid Clear Celestial Blue. I sent Caudabe an email because I am angry 😤 right now.
I’d be happy. You’re about to get what you just received for free I bet. 🤞

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Oh this looks SO good. I’ve had issues with the silicone cases picking up lint in the past but am so tempted to give it another try.

I do have to say I’ve been very, very happy with the Smartish Gripmunk, my “cheap” case while I wait for the more premium ones to arrive (Sheath, Ghost).

The Gripmunk is very well made, has a great fit, and the buttons are absolutely perfect (very clicky and has a button for the action button instead of a cutout). I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on this case for so long. It’s like a more affordable Sheath. Will be interesting to see how they compare once the Sheath arrives.
I’m going to give the Gripmunk a try, thank you for the recommendation.

plushboringfrog

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Caudabe probably has people who don't know what they're doing fulfilling orders right now. Happens way more when volume increases. I'm not sure how the products that were printed on your label got mixed up like that though. That could be a bigger issue for them if they mixed up SKUs or something.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Caudabe probably has people who don't know what they're doing fulfilling orders right now. Happens way more when volume increases. I'm not sure how the products that were printed on your label got mixed up like that though. That could be a bigger issue for them if they mixed up SKUs or something.
I’m hoping that this was just one little mistake and don’t mess up my other 2 cases I ordered.

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
For me it’s not so much the protection but I often use my phone one handed with a pinky on the bottom to support it and I feel like this would be uncomfortable.
Funny thing is it's quite the opposite for me. The Bullstrap is the most comfortable with the pinky on the bottom. I even rest my pinky against the curved opening to bolster support. The rest (Mous/Caudabe/Pitaka) all have cutout edges for both speakers and the usb port on the bottom as well as the lower front lip to deal with instead of the smooth edge of the naked phone. It also makes swiping up and plugging in the chunkier usb-c cables a lot easier.

Reactions: ryansebiz

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I’m all over the place with cases this go around. Canceled the Synthesis order and decided to go for the Torras kickstand case with the air bumper. I like the metal buttons and frosted back that lets me see the phone, and the bumpers look like they don’t add much bulk while offering good protection (and I suspect will feel really good in the hand). The kickstand functionality and super strong magnet are welcome features as well, and with coupons it cost less than the Synthesis. I’m hoping this is the one.

I got this in today. It's a nice case! It's not the thinnest in the world, but it's light and doesn't add significant weight to the phone. The grey looks really good with the white, and the frosted back and air bumpers around the top and sides let me see through to the body of the phone. Between the bumpers and the back, I can see nearly the entire phone body through the case, which is great. While the Benks Armor Air is thinner, I don't get to see any of the phone body.

The sides are extremely stiff, no give when I pull on them except near the buttons and at the bottom lip, as expected. The buttons have a brushed metal look that matches the texture of the 15 PM titanium sides, although a darker tone than the silver frame on the white phone. They are extremely responsive.

The magnet in the built in stand is absurdly strong. Your magsafe accessories aren't coming off by accident with this case. The hinge on the stand is stiff enough that it's not going to open unintentionally, and you can set it at any angle between the fully open and fully closed positions, so you can change the angle of landscape and portrait mode.

The only thing that makes me hesitate to recommend this is the price. Without coupons, it's $50. I got it for $37 with coupons which is more reasonable, but I'm not sure this is worth the premium. It seems like all of their cases have the same magnets (N56) and there are ones for less without the external bumpers that they claim to offer 12-14 feet of drop protection, while this one is 18 feet. 12-14 feet is probably enough for most people and if you can get that with a slimmer profile case that has the same strength magnet of this one, it's probably not worth it to spend the extra money for this particular model. They even have one with the same kickstand functionality (and another with a kickstand you can also rotate) that are both less than this one, seem like they might be slimmer, and still have good protection.

I'm debating buying one of the other models to compare to this one and see if they feel more slim.

I ordered this to compare: TORRAS Magnetic Guardian Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, [Military Grade Drop Tested] [Compatible with MagSafe] Slim Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case 2023, Natural Titanium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBJHCHVQ?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_N1FMKPXEEXBJSA795K9X

Last edited:

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Currently trying out the Torres slim fit magnetic in gray. Very slippery and an odd design choice as the corners show the band.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Be interesting to see your AX Finewoven. I ordered one earlier to check out. I don't liek the FW cases but for £12 it's worth a look
So I have my AliExpress Fine Woven case now. I got it in Evergreen. First off, it is 100% a clone case and not a smuggled out original. There is a slim chance that this was an early version of the case that was later revised, but I'd say that's unlikely.

finewoven.jpg

In any case, here's the breakdown:

1) The packaging is pretty good - the outside looks like the real deal for the most part. Front looks exactly like the official cases, and the back also looks largely the same, save for the differences in model numbers and bar codes on the back.

fw1.jpg

fw2.jpg

2) Inner packaging is from the Apple Leather cases - they mention that the product is real leather and use an iPhone 13 (notched) phone as the model on the inside. Even includes the inserts for that...looks genuine except for the fact that it isn't a leather case.

3) The case is much more muted than the real Fine Woven evergreen case (which is actually quite saturated)...it's almost gray, but with the slightest hint of green. Honestly, it sort of matches Apple's photos more closely than Apple's actual cases do.

4) The back is definitely woven fabric. It feels very close to the real cases, but perhaps not quite as soft. Getting up close, you can see the fibers. Without a real one next to me I can't say if it's a courser weave than the real ones or not. My guess is that is the case, but it's not a huge difference.

fw3.jpg

5) The edges are also rubberized woven material, like the real cases. I think the weave here is a little different, though, but I'd need a real one side by side to be sure. Feels very much like the real ones, though. Interestingly enough, there is no seam at the USB port like the real ones...in this way, it actually looks better.

fw4.jpg

6) The buttons are colored metal and feel great.

6) The inside is where the real difference is, as the AliExpress FW case has a microfiber lining instead of Finewoven on the inside too. This is, aside from the color difference, the real giveaway that the case is a knock-off instead of the real deal. Magsafe magnets work well, and they even included the RF chip to tell the phone a magsafe accessory has been attached, showing I believe the same animation I see when a genuine Apple wallet is attached.

fw5.jpg

The case is VERY tight and fits very snugly, but well. Since this is my case, I don't want to intentionally damage the case, but I honestly think this one might be slightly more scratch resistant than the real ones. I ran my fingernail along a part of it and didn't leave a mark, but similar pressure did mark the real ones. It's an interesting thing, and for $12, I think it's really not a bad purchase at all.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.