Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
So I have my AliExpress Fine Woven case now. I got it in Evergreen. First off, it is 100% a clone case and not a smuggled out original. There is a slim chance that this was an early version of the case that was later revised, but I'd say that's unlikely.

View attachment 2284004

In any case, here's the breakdown:

1) The packaging is pretty good - the outside looks like the real deal for the most part. Front looks exactly like the official cases, and the back also looks largely the same, save for the differences in model numbers and bar codes on the back.

View attachment 2284005
View attachment 2284006

2) Inner packaging is from the Apple Leather cases - they mention that the product is real leather and use an iPhone 13 (notched) phone as the model on the inside. Even includes the inserts for that...looks genuine except for the fact that it isn't a leather case.

3) The case is much more muted than the real Fine Woven evergreen case (which is actually quite saturated)...it's almost gray, but with the slightest hint of green. Honestly, it sort of matches Apple's photos more closely than Apple's actual cases do.

4) The back is definitely woven fabric. It feels very close to the real cases, but perhaps not quite as soft. Getting up close, you can see the fibers. Without a real one next to me I can't say if it's a courser weave than the real ones or not. My guess is that is the case, but it's not a huge difference.

View attachment 2284007

5) The edges are also rubberized woven material, like the real cases. I think the weave here is a little different, though, but I'd need a real one side by side to be sure. Feels very much like the real ones, though. Interestingly enough, there is no seam at the USB port like the real ones...in this way, it actually looks better.

View attachment 2284008

6) The buttons are colored metal and feel great.

6) The inside is where the real difference is, as the AliExpress FW case has a microfiber lining instead of Finewoven on the inside too. This is, aside from the color difference, the real giveaway that the case is a knock-off instead of the real deal. Magsafe magnets work well, and they even included the RF chip to tell the phone a magsafe accessory has been attached, showing I believe the same animation I see when a genuine Apple wallet is attached.

View attachment 2284009

The case is VERY tight and fits very snugly, but well. Since this is my case, I don't want to intentionally damage the case, but I honestly think this one might be slightly more scratch resistant than the real ones. I ran my fingernail along a part of it and didn't leave a mark, but similar pressure did mark the real ones. It's an interesting thing, and for $12, I think it's really not a bad purchase at all.
Looks decent for the money!!

Reactions: AnthroMatt

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Totallee sent me an email saying their MagSafe clear cases are available for 25% off with promo code MAGSAFE.

Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone have that larger than life CASETiFY Ultra Bounce?? After seeing the poor drop tests on these 15’s, I’m tempted to check one out. Was hoping for feedback first since they cost your first born child, and they aren’t on Amazon… I hate buying anywhere except Amazon, it’s just too easy to return if you don’t like it.

Reactions: Hooterville

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
I ordered and received a black Torras Slim fit... to as I will now call it "Slip fit".... this thing is real slippery and a fingerprint magnet. Also doesn't work well with my MagSafe stand.. barely holds. Headed back to Amazon and I just ordered what I should have all along. The Pitaka... my last one was super tough.. I took a bad cobblestone street spill a week ago and that thing came out without a scratch. The screen was majorly spider webbed, worse I've seen. Peeled off the Benks screen protector and it was like new.

I'll go with that combo again.. has served me well

Reactions: Joe123Joe

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Anyone have that larger than life CASETiFY Ultra Bounce?? After seeing the poor drop tests on these 15’s, I’m tempted to check one out. Was hoping for feedback first since they cost your first born child, and they aren’t on Amazon… I hate buying anywhere except Amazon, it’s just too easy to return if you don’t like it.
This it?

CASETiFY Bounce Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max [6X Military Grade Drop Tested / 21.3ft Drop Protection/Compatible with Magsafe] - Clear Black https://www.amazon.com/CASETiFY-Military-Protection-Compatible-Magsafe/dp/B0CDQ51G92

wingennis

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Northern Arizona
Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 17.07.56.png

$48.75 at check out.

Reactions: Azzin

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Posted in the Caudabe thread:

Received the Sheath in black for the 15 Pro. It’s a very nice case. Fits great, bottom of the case is comfortable to hole, buttons great, slimmer than expected. Just very well thought out everywhere.

Now..subjective, but I just don’t know if I love the texture. I had this case for my 11 for a while and after going to leather for my 13, I much preferred it.

I may try Silicone or Bullstrap.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020

You really want that case though? It looks like a monstrosity!

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
You really want that case though? It looks like a monstrosity!
lol it sure does. I love big corners, gives me a death grip on the phone. But I also I have the 15 pro, if I had a pro max I wouldn’t even think about it, would make it into an iPad

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Ringke Onyx w/Magsafe for the 15PM is pretty fantastic. Feels great, keeps the phone feeling thin, camera protection built in. Excellent for the price.
I’m interested in this case. Mind sharing some pics?

Last edited:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
IMG_0042.jpeg
I received a response back from Caudabe, and apparently I didn’t get the email they sent out, so they sent this email in response to the email I sent earlier. I don’t feel angry anymore. Tomorrow I should be receiving my Lucid Clear Crystal White and the Celestial Blue Lucid Clear will be shipping soon hopefully.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I ordered and received a black Torras Slim fit... to as I will now call it "Slip fit".... this thing is real slippery and a fingerprint magnet. Also doesn't work well with my MagSafe stand.. barely holds. Headed back to Amazon and I just ordered what I should have all along. The Pitaka... my last one was super tough.. I took a bad cobblestone street spill a week ago and that thing came out without a scratch. The screen was majorly spider webbed, worse I've seen. Peeled off the Benks screen protector and it was like new.

I'll go with that combo again.. has served me well
So I tried this case and liked it but I didn’t understand why the bottom right front of the case sticks out. Does yours do that?

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Posted in the Caudabe thread:

Received the Sheath in black for the 15 Pro. It’s a very nice case. Fits great, bottom of the case is comfortable to hole, buttons great, slimmer than expected. Just very well thought out everywhere.

Now..subjective, but I just don’t know if I love the texture. I had this case for my 11 for a while and after going to leather for my 13, I much preferred it.

I may try Silicone or Bullstrap.
Back in the Spigen Liquid Air. In my opinion, I prefer the feel of this case. Overall, nicer in the hand. Lacks the MagSafe of course but not huge in my use case.

I’m going to get a silicone case too.

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Has anyone had any issues returning a case to Caudabe? I contacted them a week ago and got an email saying they would send return information in 24 hours but they never sent anything. I emailed again yesterday and never got a response. I'm not happy with their customer service at all. I understand they likely are swamped with everyone ordering cases but how long does it take to send an email...sheesh..

• Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Has anyone had any issues returning a case to Caudabe? I contacted them a week ago and got an email saying they would send return information in 24 hours but they never sent anything. I emailed again yesterday and never got a response. I'm not happy with their customer service at all. I understand they likely are swamped with everyone ordering cases but how long does it take to send an email...sheesh..
The last time I requested to send a case back for a refund, they told me to keep it or give it away. This was with my 12PM. Don’t know if the policy would still stand now.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Have you checked your spam or promotions folders? Could have gotten lost in the shuffle.

I had an issue with my Synthesis last year. I reached out to Caudabe and they gave me a case of my choice for free, I ended up choosing a Sheath. So I’d say something went wrong in the communication chain, because their customer service is excellent.

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
got my iphone 15 Pro and tried with the benks ArmorPro

every thing is okay, including the usb-c port hole for charging

except some minor buttons rattling noise which I'm okay with it

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Joe, your only having Crux withdraws, don't do it ;)
You’re absolutely right about that! lol I reached out to catalyst to see if they are going to have a 2nd case to go with the influence this year and they unfortunately are not going to have any others. In years past the had the crux, before that the Vibe… guess only the influence sold well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.