Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sonisan

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Japan
Received my Nomad’s Modern Leather case in English Tan.
First impressions:
- excellent fit
- clicky anodized aluminum buttons (with the Power one being more grippy)
- leather very soft (and it smells good lol) but still more grippy than my Spigen Ultra Hybrid
- bottom case closed yet lots of opening for speakers, USB port, lanyards
- I do like the TPE bumper as opposed to other users (it gives drop protection and it gets closer to the device on the side, better checking a picture to see what I mean).

So very satisfied so far, looking forward to the patina. 👍

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I got this in today. It's a nice case! It's not the thinnest in the world, but it's light and doesn't add significant weight to the phone. The grey looks really good with the white, and the frosted back and air bumpers around the top and sides let me see through to the body of the phone. Between the bumpers and the back, I can see nearly the entire phone body through the case, which is great. While the Benks Armor Air is thinner, I don't get to see any of the phone body.

The sides are extremely stiff, no give when I pull on them except near the buttons and at the bottom lip, as expected. The buttons have a brushed metal look that matches the texture of the 15 PM titanium sides, although a darker tone than the silver frame on the white phone. They are extremely responsive.

The magnet in the built in stand is absurdly strong. Your magsafe accessories aren't coming off by accident with this case. The hinge on the stand is stiff enough that it's not going to open unintentionally, and you can set it at any angle between the fully open and fully closed positions, so you can change the angle of landscape and portrait mode.

The only thing that makes me hesitate to recommend this is the price. Without coupons, it's $50. I got it for $37 with coupons which is more reasonable, but I'm not sure this is worth the premium. It seems like all of their cases have the same magnets (N56) and there are ones for less without the external bumpers that they claim to offer 12-14 feet of drop protection, while this one is 18 feet. 12-14 feet is probably enough for most people and if you can get that with a slimmer profile case that has the same strength magnet of this one, it's probably not worth it to spend the extra money for this particular model. They even have one with the same kickstand functionality (and another with a kickstand you can also rotate) that are both less than this one, seem like they might be slimmer, and still have good protection.

I'm debating buying one of the other models to compare to this one and see if they feel more slim.

I ordered this to compare: TORRAS Magnetic Guardian Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, [Military Grade Drop Tested] [Compatible with MagSafe] Slim Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case 2023, Natural Titanium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBJHCHVQ?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_N1FMKPXEEXBJSA795K9X
After having this on for the day, I found that it made the phone feel too big and too heavy. I switched back to the Benks Armor Air, which I still don’t particularly like but at least it’s lighter and slimmer. This Torras is going back. Hopefully the other one I ordered has a slimmer profile and might be a little lighter with no hinge and retractable MagSafe ring. If the other Torras doesn’t hit the spot for me, I’ll return both and consider other options.

Reactions: VSMacOne

CaramelSky

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
You’ll regret it in two weeks.
I've been using FineWoven since release and had literally 0 issues. Scratched it once through normal use (and not digging my fingernail as hard as I could through the fabric) and its disappeared after a few days.

Sick of seeing comments like this by people who clearly tried it for 2 seconds. The 15 hasn't even been out for 2 weeks, so saying "you'll regret it in 2 weeks" is just stupid - you obviously haven't used the case for any significant amount of time.

Last edited:

skrungemaster

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2020
Standard torras as always. It smudges easily but I do it for the colored buttons.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 158

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Cases are extremely lackluster this year IMO. I hate cases with the visible magsafe rings, others get crazy fingerprints, have metal buttons that will scratch the body of the phone, don't fit, etc.
Yawn.
To be fair these companies were all scrambling to try and get cases out by launch based on little or no information and a lot of rumours. It’s the same every year especially when there are design changes in the hardware. It takes them some time to come up with some decent cases.

I’m currently using the ESR clear case with the camera ring stand and I’m happy with it. They do tend to yellow so I’m still looking for a clear case that does not yellow. I’ve heard the Caudabe Lucid Clear doesn’t yellow plus it has an option for a blue MagSafe ring and my phone is Blue Titanium so might get that as an alternative.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Oh what the hell, I ordered a fine woven case from Amazon. I’m just so darned curious. It seems like the more people who use it on their phones, the more positive things I’m hearing.

Reactions: AE14

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
Well the Mous Limitless 5.0 Walnut that my gf bought for me offers really good protection, is light enough and looks great however it has a small flaw. The power on button gets pressed really easy and that's driving me insane.

I think I'm gonna return it and get a Nomad or Decoded.

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Benks customer service is excellent. If you email them with any issues they’ll just send you a new case for free once you’ve sent them pictures of the issue.

tuzii

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
just got my Benks MagClap ArmorAir Case and Benks MagClap ArmorPro Case
They both feel awesome, boring colors though, as they are practically black, the magnet is so damn strong on both with my incar charger and belkin 3 in one at home

they are both wayyyy better than the Pitaka cases, hands down.
i love the colours to my otterbox figura I wish there was more decent colourful cases

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I've been using FineWoven since release and had literally 0 issues. Scratched it once through normal use (and not digging my fingernail as hard as I could through the fabric) and its disappeared after a few days.

Sick of seeing comments like this by people who clearly tried it for 2 seconds. The 15 hasn't even been out for 2 weeks, so saying "you'll regret it in 2 weeks" is just stupid - you obviously haven't used the case for any significant amount of time.
Seriously? We’re arguing about something that’s been the overwhelming consensus in every tech community? FineWoven is bad by most standards. You can like it but that doesn’t change the reality of my experience as well as hundreds of others. Using your logic then means saying “it’s fine because I don’t have an issue with it in my limited use” is stupid because there are hundreds of others who have. Let’s not act like petulant children. This is a forum after all where people share their experience/feedback. Neither you or I get to decide that one person’s is is more important than anither’s.

Last edited:

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Received my Nomad’s Modern Leather case in English Tan.
First impressions:
- excellent fit
- clicky anodized aluminum buttons (with the Power one being more grippy)
- leather very soft (and it smells good lol) but still more grippy than my Spigen Ultra Hybrid
- bottom case closed yet lots of opening for speakers, USB port, lanyards
- I do like the TPE bumper as opposed to other users (it gives drop protection and it gets closer to the device on the side, better checking a picture to see what I mean).

So very satisfied so far, looking forward to the patina. 👍
One of my hesitations with the Nomad has been the thickness and weight. How do you find this new one?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008

Have to agree with you the case has been great . Any marks rub out and it fits like a glove , not sure why the YouTubers are going nuts and or ripping them apart lol … I plan to get a few other colors instead of buying a ton of 3rd party cases this year that just end up in the draw anyway 😎

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Have to agree with you the case has been great . Any marks rub out and it fits like a glove , not sure why the YouTubers are going nuts and or ripping them apart lol … I plan to get a few other colors instead of buying a ton of 3rd party cases this year that just end up in the draw anyway 😎
I keep thinking about getting this case to try out. Not sure which color matches the titanium blue phone the best.

CaramelSky

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
Seriously? We’re arguing about something that’s been the overwhelming consensus in every tech community? FineWoven is bad by most standards. You can like it but that doesn’t change the reality of my experience as well as hundreds of others. Using your logic then means saying “it’s fine because I don’t have an issue with it in my limited use” is stupid because there are hundreds of others who have. Let’s not act like petulant children. This is a forum after all where people share their experience/feedback. Neither you or I get to decide that one person’s is is more important than anither’s.
Exactly, you're contradicting yourself here. In my "limited experience" - I've been using this literally since launch. Albeit limited, you clearly are on the bandwagon of picking one up and dismissing it instantly. You'll actually see a lot of people who have been using it since launch are warming up to it, most of the reviews are instant impressions. All of this is anecdotal regardless.

It's a change and people don't like change, I almost guarantee the consensus on FineWoven will change in a few months. I don't care if you have your opinion on it and are sharing it, I care that your opinion is flawed because you haven't used it to any meaningful extent and are trying to claim that you have, and thus justifying an opinion on it - "give it a couple weeks and you'll hate it"... how can you so confidently say that? Ridiculous mate, honestly. Just say you tried it for a day and didn't like it instead of engaging in hyperbole.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
How long have you used it for?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
To be fair these companies were all scrambling to try and get cases out by launch based on little or no information and a lot of rumours. It’s the same every year especially when there are design changes in the hardware. It takes them some time to come up with some decent cases.

I’m currently using the ESR clear case with the camera ring stand and I’m happy with it. They do tend to yellow so I’m still looking for a clear case that does not yellow. I’ve heard the Caudabe Lucid Clear doesn’t yellow plus it has an option for a blue MagSafe ring and my phone is Blue Titanium so might get that as an alternative.
I’ve used the Lucid Clear with my 12PM and 14PM, and I have one coming today as well as the Celestial Blue Lucid Clear hopefully shipping soon. My 12PM and 14PM Lucid Clear cases are still clear, so I’m a firm believer that they don’t yellow over time.

Reactions: Mr.C

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Exactly, you're contradicting yourself here. In my "limited experience" - I've been using this literally since launch. Albeit limited, you clearly are on the bandwagon of picking one up and dismissing it instantly. You'll actually see a lot of people who have been using it since launch are warming up to it, most of the reviews are instant impressions. All of this is anecdotal regardless.

It's a change and people don't like change, I almost guarantee the consensus on FineWoven will change in a few months. I don't care if you have your opinion on it and are sharing it, I care that your opinion is flawed because you haven't used it to any meaningful extent and are trying to claim that you have, and thus justifying an opinion on it - "give it a couple weeks and you'll hate it"... how can you so confidently say that? Ridiculous mate, honestly. Just say you tried it for a day and didn't like it instead of engaging in hyperbole.
Dude, I’ve been around this forum for a long time and have used a ton of Apple products over the years. My opinion is not based on the consensus of the YouTube community. Everybody has their preference that fits their needs, and is entitled to it. If these scratches became permanent after applying normal pressure with my fingernails, imagine what zippers, pockets and keys will do. I don’t have to own it for two weeks to know that I would regret being stuck with it past the return period. That’s not hyperbole. It’s common sense. Like I said in a different post, at this price point the case is not worth the hassle and is nowhere near as good of an experience as the MagSafe leather cases from previous years. I would take an apple leather case over the FineWoven any day of the week. They were not perfect either, but I was willing to live with the faded edges. You’ll find others who hated the leather cases. And that’s absolutely okay. Post your opinion and carry on.

Attachments

• IMG_6038.png
    IMG_6038.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 136
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.