Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Yes or the black one

Yes black works too of course. Pacific blue allows the blue to shine more, it gets kind of lost in the black.

1119234b5fa741eb95bfa094df2ed766.jpg

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Storm blue (my third favorite) is really nice but dark silicone as I’m sure you know will show lint more.
They do for sure. I don't think my OCD can handle seeing a lot of lint.
Yes black works too of course. Pacific blue allows the blue to shine more, it gets kind of lost in the black.

1119234b5fa741eb95bfa094df2ed766.jpg
This is FineWoven correct? Which would you recommend more? The silicone or FW? And if FW, which color do you think would look best with the white?

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
The Spigen Enzo Aramid just arrived and unfortunately it has a defect, some coating missing from inside a bottom corner.
Apart from that it's lovely. A little more comfortable in the hand than my fave Benks Armor Pro and looks great. The magnets are mega strong too.
Already sending back and re-ordering .

IMG_4707.jpeg

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Does it bother you all when the left and right edges of the case are raised up a little bit more than the phone (I assume for protection)? I didn’t feel it on my Otterbox Defender Pro as much as I feel it on the Mous.

Not a huge deal, but I definitely notice it when swiping.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
in terms of bulk increase, which one worse ? Torras / Supcase?
The Torras is thinner. The Supcase isn't a bulky case, but it's a bit thicker than a lot of the 'thin' standard cases, as the rear has a raised edge all the way around the polycarb. The Torras is a typical slim-type case, but with a small flare at the top and bottom to just lift off the back of the case from a table. The Supcase is about 1-1.5mm or so thicker.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I am returning for a refund. They have it spelled out on their website that they take returns within 30 days. I am within 30 days. Still no response. Also they have some system for return that I won't be able to use (Happy Returns) but I can mail the item back instead. Frankly, they need to respond in some fashion..
They will respond. They are overwhelmed with the emails and orders. I have some responses from them that have been kicked down the line of emails, because I have several accounts.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
The Spigen Enzo Aramid just arrived and unfortunately it has a defect, some coating missing from inside a bottom corner.
Apart from that it's lovely. A little more comfortable in the hand than my fave Benks Armor Pro and looks great. The magnets are mega strong too.

View attachment 2284558

Can you give us more pictures. How are the cutouts on the bottom?
I ordered this also and have not seen it yet.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
People with the Finewoven joint, does it leave the Magsafe ring on the back after a few charges on Magsafe?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022

View attachment 2284558
Can we get some more pics of the back and sides?

puzo15

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2023
I got this in today. It's a nice case! It's not the thinnest in the world, but it's light and doesn't add significant weight to the phone. The grey looks really good with the white, and the frosted back and air bumpers around the top and sides let me see through to the body of the phone. Between the bumpers and the back, I can see nearly the entire phone body through the case, which is great. While the Benks Armor Air is thinner, I don't get to see any of the phone body.

The sides are extremely stiff, no give when I pull on them except near the buttons and at the bottom lip, as expected. The buttons have a brushed metal look that matches the texture of the 15 PM titanium sides, although a darker tone than the silver frame on the white phone. They are extremely responsive.

The magnet in the built in stand is absurdly strong. Your magsafe accessories aren't coming off by accident with this case. The hinge on the stand is stiff enough that it's not going to open unintentionally, and you can set it at any angle between the fully open and fully closed positions, so you can change the angle of landscape and portrait mode.

The only thing that makes me hesitate to recommend this is the price. Without coupons, it's $50. I got it for $37 with coupons which is more reasonable, but I'm not sure this is worth the premium. It seems like all of their cases have the same magnets (N56) and there are ones for less without the external bumpers that they claim to offer 12-14 feet of drop protection, while this one is 18 feet. 12-14 feet is probably enough for most people and if you can get that with a slimmer profile case that has the same strength magnet of this one, it's probably not worth it to spend the extra money for this particular model. They even have one with the same kickstand functionality (and another with a kickstand you can also rotate) that are both less than this one, seem like they might be slimmer, and still have good protection.

I'm debating buying one of the other models to compare to this one and see if they feel more slim.

I ordered this to compare: TORRAS Magnetic Guardian Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, [Military Grade Drop Tested] [Compatible with MagSafe] Slim Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case 2023, Natural Titanium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBJHCHVQ?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_N1FMKPXEEXBJSA795K9X
I only see 5% off coupon. How did you get it down to $37?

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
They do for sure. I don't think my OCD can handle seeing a lot of lint.

This is FineWoven correct? Which would you recommend more? The silicone or FW? And if FW, which color do you think would look best with the white?

Yes it’s FineWoven. The beauty of white is that it can go with any of the colors. The Taupe with white iPhone in my opinion is probably the best (but not sure how you feel about such a light color case) but Pacific Blue and Evergreen are so good with white too! Mulberry is nice but not a color I would choose.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I thought I was the only one with this issue. It started a few days ago.
Yikes. The difference with mines and JBlass is that our cases are about a year old since its for a 14 series. You and lyceum have the 15 and that just came out....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.