Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Oh yea it’s already happened on my 15 as well. This is an ongoing issue. This is fresh out of the box
531df0dfe31caa91b9031697291fa511.jpg

And this one after a couple uses
6a52e33b74f614ec47a1e6d6ae96c555.jpg
My MagSafe ring has started coming up too. I pushed it back done and took the case off until further notice. I’ve been using my 14PM lucid clear until the 15PM version arrives today.

Reactions: JBlass421

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I'd be interested to see how this holds up over time. I bought a couple of knockoffs last year, and they collected dust like no other. Maybe I'm just a sucker but the official Apple silicone case I bought this year, doesn't collect nearly as much.

You’re right the knockoffs are more “sticky” and go from lint magnets (Apple) to super lint magnets (knockoffs)

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
my $11 clay silicone case just came in from aliexpress and looks and feels amazing. I can’t imagine the “real” one is noticeably different.

View attachment 2284655
View attachment 2284656
Can you show us how is it with de case ?

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
You’re right the knockoffs are more “sticky” and go from lint magnets (Apple) to super lint magnets (knockoffs)
Hahah that's funny. For me, the official ones from Apple are manageable in terms of lint collection, but the knockoffs are terrible. Looks like you just took the case out of the dryer 🤣

Reactions: JBlass421

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Can you give us more pictures. How are the cutouts on the bottom?
I ordered this also and have not seen it yet.
Already packaged up and sealed, can add some photos when it comes tomorrow.

Cut outs are good, nice soft liner on the inside back. Also it comes closer to the Torres screen protector edges, the bottom edge gap a little bigger. Buttons are lovely with great feedback.

The metal logo at the bottom is slightly below flush so no issue there with wallets etc.

Just hope the new one is defect free and it's not a batch error like the Synthesis' seem to have.

Reactions: Hooterville

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I only see 5% off coupon. How did you get it down to $37?
There was another coupon that is now expired.

I got the other Torras case, no external air bumpers or hinged magnet. It’s fine. It’s basically a generic case, and given how many exact copies of this I’ve seen for sale under different brand names on Amazon it is literally a generic case, but it feels solid enough. I feel like the phone would be decently protected and the additional bulk and weight are less than the Torras case with the bumpers and hinged magnet.

The best part about it are the floating buttons. Torras includes several sets in different colors to mix and match and they are extremely responsive.

It’s nothing special but it’s functional and seems to have a good balance of protection without adding excessive weight and bulk. I’ll keep it and ponder if I want to try something more premium in the future.

Reactions: puzo15

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I'd be interested to see how this holds up over time. I bought a couple of knockoffs last year, and they collected dust like no other. Maybe I'm just a sucker but the official Apple silicone case I bought this year, doesn't collect nearly as much.
The knock off ones look great but once in use, you realise the obvious poor quality of silicone compared to Apple’s

Reactions: Djones96

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
The knock off ones look great but once in use, you realise the obvious poor quality of silicone compared to Apple’s
True, but rarely you'll find a vendor that sells cases/watch bands made in the same factory as the real ones. Its a great side hustle for the factory workers!

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I received my Benks ArmorPro case yesterday, but like a few others, I have an issue where the power button is depressed all the time, so no functions will work except turning off the phone. A real bummer as I loved the look and feel of the case and waited a loooong time for that thing to arrive on the slow boat and through USPS. The case itself is really nice looking and solid feeling. I sent their customer service an email and a DM on Facebook with the issue and order number, but they are on holiday through 10/2. I hope they might just send me one via Amazon or ship a replacement priority.

Luckily, the ESR case I got to cover my Titanium Black Pro Max is a great case (ESR for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, MagSafe Silicone Case with Stand) with a wonderful feel, really strong magnets, and the camera protector/stand is a great little feature I almost don't want to give up!

My other plan is the Phone Rebel case - which one day will launch. I have had that on every phone since the Gen2, and online, many - have never had a quality issue. They have always had the strongest magnets and best feel protection - and it has had a few tests that I prayed came out with no damage (all have come through free and clear, only some minor cosmetic damage to the case). There was never a scratch or dent on the phones - they looked like they did the day they were unboxed. I also don't switch cases once I put it on - maybe on a rare occasion, but almost exclusively stay in that Phone Rebel case all year (unless I need to remove it to clean if something was spilled or sticky).
Just order though Amazon if available and return the bad case to Amazon

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Absolutely. I didn't realize this until I went first party this year instead of cheaping out and going third party. You get what you pay for 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: iFone88

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Just got my gray Sheath and it’s awesome, aside from having the cutout vs a button. Matches the natural titanium very nicely.

Definitely a step up from the Gripmunk, although I remain very impressed by that case for the price.

Reactions: yOyOYoo

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
For anybody that uses a lens protector, which one do you use? Are the cameras the same size as the 14 Pro/Pro Max?

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Browse by device, there’s 2. You’ll see them.

I have not tried the unicorn. I’ve seen one in person though and they looked decent.

I like the look of them. I’m sure if you drop the phone in rocky or gravel type environments, it’ll keep in-between the cameras from getting scratched or dinged.
Where do you get your camera protector from and also do you feel it makes pictures look worse because that's one criticism I often read of lens covers/protectors.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Just got my gray Sheath and it’s awesome, aside from having the cutout vs a button. Matches the natural titanium very nicely.

Definitely a step up from the Gripmunk, although I remain very impressed by that case for the price.

I was just saying on another thread of someone who posted the gray Sheath that I'm super jealous of the color and may have to pick one up. I think the case looks great in all colors though to be honest.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Reactions: darrinS

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.