Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I’ve used the Lucid Clear with my 12PM and 14PM, and I have one coming today as well as the Celestial Blue Lucid Clear hopefully shipping soon. My 12PM and 14PM Lucid Clear cases are still clear, so I’m a firm believer that they don’t yellow over time.
I’ve preordered the Lucid Clear Celestial Blue today. I know it’s a bit of a wait but I look forward to trying it out. 😃👍

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Okay one of my Caudabe Lucid Clear cases is out for delivery. I’m thinking it’s the Crystal instead of the Celestial Blue, which should be shipping soon hopefully.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
I dig it. Wish it was less bulky but it’s a nice case to use here and there. Not a daily imo

Attachments

• IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 110

eyespy03

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2020
I received my Benks ArmorPro case yesterday, but like a few others, I have an issue where the power button is depressed all the time, so no functions will work except turning off the phone. A real bummer as I loved the look and feel of the case and waited a loooong time for that thing to arrive on the slow boat and through USPS. The case itself is really nice looking and solid feeling. I sent their customer service an email and a DM on Facebook with the issue and order number, but they are on holiday through 10/2. I hope they might just send me one via Amazon or ship a replacement priority.

Luckily, the ESR case I got to cover my Titanium Black Pro Max is a great case (ESR for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, MagSafe Silicone Case with Stand) with a wonderful feel, really strong magnets, and the camera protector/stand is a great little feature I almost don't want to give up!

My other plan is the Phone Rebel case - which one day will launch. I have had that on every phone since the Gen2, and online, many - have never had a quality issue. They have always had the strongest magnets and best feel protection - and it has had a few tests that I prayed came out with no damage (all have come through free and clear, only some minor cosmetic damage to the case). There was never a scratch or dent on the phones - they looked like they did the day they were unboxed. I also don't switch cases once I put it on - maybe on a rare occasion, but almost exclusively stay in that Phone Rebel case all year (unless I need to remove it to clean if something was spilled or sticky).

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I received my Benks ArmorPro case yesterday, but like a few others, I have an issue where the power button is depressed all the time, so no functions will work except turning off the phone. A real bummer as I loved the look and feel of the case and waited a loooong time for that thing to arrive on the slow boat and through USPS. The case itself is really nice looking and solid feeling. I sent their customer service an email and a DM on Facebook with the issue and order number, but they are on holiday through 10/2. I hope they might just send me one via Amazon or ship a replacement priority.

Luckily, the ESR case I got to cover my Titanium Black Pro Max is a great case (ESR for iPhone 15 Pro Max Case, MagSafe Silicone Case with Stand) with a wonderful feel, really strong magnets, and the camera protector/stand is a great little feature I almost don't want to give up!

My other plan is the Phone Rebel case - which one day will launch. I have had that on every phone since the Gen2, and online, many - have never had a quality issue. They have always had the strongest magnets and best feel protection - and it has had a few tests that I prayed came out with no damage (all have come through free and clear, only some minor cosmetic damage to the case). There was never a scratch or dent on the phones - they looked like they did the day they were unboxed. I also don't switch cases once I put it on - maybe on a rare occasion, but almost exclusively stay in that Phone Rebel case all year (unless I need to remove it to clean if something was spilled or sticky).
That sucks to hear about the Benks Armor Pro. I’m kicking myself for not being patient and ordering through Amazon. I got a feeling it will be a pain to get a refund. Well, I know I’ll have to pay shipping for sending it back to Benks.

I got my 15 PM yesterday and am trying out the Mous 5.0 Limitless (the “leather” version). I’m not sure what material it is, but it isn’t actual leather ha.

The case fits snugly. I personally have no issue with the buttons or it being sharp as others have mentioned.

It definitely is more slick to grip than my old Otterbox Defender Pro on the 12 Pm.

Also, did the size of the 15 PM shrink compared to the 12 Pm? Side by side, the 15 Pm definitely looks smaller overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyespy03

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
The last time I requested to send a case back for a refund, they told me to keep it or give it away. This was with my 12PM. Don’t know if the policy would still stand now.
I am returning for a refund. They have it spelled out on their website that they take returns within 30 days. I am within 30 days. Still no response. Also they have some system for return that I won't be able to use (Happy Returns) but I can mail the item back instead. Frankly, they need to respond in some fashion..

dchoco

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2023
I have four cases right now, though my FineWoven from AliExpress (probably a fake, but we'll see) is due to be delivered today.

Below are the Torras Guardian Mag, Benks Armor Pro, Supcase Unicorn Beetle, and Andar Aspen (Brown):
View attachment 2283748

My thoughts so far on all of them:

Torras: I'm actually rather impressed with this case. I've never had a Torras case before and it's very well made, fits perfectly, has a wonderful feel in the hand, and the translucent back mostly hides fingerprints, though not to the degree of a harder frosted polycarb. I like it more than the Unicorn Beetle because of the feel and the reduced fingerprints. I wish the magsafe ring was more titanium colored, though, as the white ring is the only real knock I have.

Benks: Beautifully built case. Fits perfectly, looks great, has a nice metal camera surround and metal buttons, including a little orange accent on the action button. Only downside is that like all fiber/kevlar cases, it will show grease and fingerprints as you go throughout the day, so I find myself wiping it down more often than I'd like.

Supcase: Nice case, feels good, fits good, and looks decent. Buttons are plastic, but are clicky. I like the titanium two tone magsafe ring. The back is inset, which makes the case a little thicker than the others, which I'm not a huge fan of, but because the polycarb is not touching the table when you set it down, it also should avoid scratches a lot more. Overall, it's a nice case, though it will show fingerprints due to the smooth surface, and I wish it was a touch thinner. Still nice, but if I could only have one, I'd keep the Torras in these titanium-ish colored clear back cases.

Andar: beautiful leather quality (feels even better than the Aspen I had on my 14 Pro), with wonderful button feel, tight fit, good magsafe strength, and just looks and feels super premium. Only downside is of course it doesn't have an action button, and has a cutout instead. I can still activate the button reasonably easily, and I don't use the action button enough to make this a dealbreaker, but I think any makers who went this route will be changing, so perhaps best to wait a few weeks before ordering. Overall, probably the best case, though. I just love the way it feels and looks (and smells).
in terms of bulk increase, which one worse ? Torras / Supcase?

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
20230929_155836.jpeg
20230929_155923.jpeg
20230929_160918.jpeg
20230929_160927.jpeg
Dbrand Grip on 15PM. Haven't put the skin on yet, probably won't bother.
Sorry about the crappy photo quality, only camera I had at hand was an old LG phone deep in a drawer from waybackwhen - didn't swap to the 15PM for the phoneless pics. Spigen screen protector (not a good fit) in situ. Love the case, just as good as the 14PM's.

Last edited:

eyespy03

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2020
View attachment 2284516 View attachment 2284517 View attachment 2284519 View attachment 2284520 Dbrand Grip on 15PM. Haven't put the skin on yet, probably won't bother.
Sorry about the crappy photo quality, only camera I had at hand was an old LG phone deep in a drawer from waybackwhen - didn't swap to the 15PM for the phoneless pics, Spigen screen protector (not a good fit) in situ. Love the case, just as good as the 14PM's.
How is the improved magnets strength? I always loved the Grip case, but the magnets sucked when in a car. If they are much stronger, I might have to bite on getting that or the Ghost

Reactions: AE14 and dotatoc

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
View attachment 2284516 View attachment 2284517 View attachment 2284519 View attachment 2284520 Dbrand Grip on 15PM. Haven't put the skin on yet, probably won't bother.
Sorry about the crappy photo quality, only camera I had at hand was an old LG phone deep in a drawer from waybackwhen - didn't swap to the 15PM for the phoneless pics, Spigen screen protector (not a good fit) in situ. Love the case, just as good as the 14PM's.
Nice case. Looks quite boxy though.

I preordered the Ghost case for 15 Pro.
Hyped to get one of these in my hands. Love the skeleton design!

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
How is the improved magnets strength? I always loved the Grip case, but the magnets sucked when in a car. If they are much stronger, I might have to bite on getting that or the Ghost
No idea I'm afraid, don't use Magsafe.

Last edited:

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Nice case. Looks quite boxy though.

I preordered the Ghost case for 15 Pro.
Hyped to get one of these in my hands. Love the skeleton design!
Not exactly slimline, true, but it doesn't bother me. Great grip, really great fit, microfibre lining, and I know from my 14PM drops that it does the job.

Went a bit crazy with cases last year, think I had seven at one point. This one and the Otterbox Symmetry will suffice this year!

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Already have the Clay silicone which looks great on my white titanium, but what other color would look good? Thinking I'll order 1 more silicone, then call on it good on cases. I spent too much on them last year.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Not exactly slimline, true, but it doesn't bother me. Great grip, really great fit, microfibre lining, and I know from my 14PM drops that it does the job.

Went a bit crazy with cases last year, think I had seven at one point. This one and the Otterbox Symmetry will suffice this year!
Gotcha!

Reactions: dotatoc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.