Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I have the Clay Silicon for my 15PM Natural. This is my first Apple Silicon case as I have always used Apple Leather cases and I must say I've been missing out, this case is amazing. And the Clay color is perfect for the Natural.
No lent so far, I haven't tried jean pockets I always wear shorts this time of year so we will see. View attachment 2283788 View attachment 2283787 View attachment 2283786
Oh this looks SO good. I’ve had issues with the silicone cases picking up lint in the past but am so tempted to give it another try.

I do have to say I’ve been very, very happy with the Smartish Gripmunk, my “cheap” case while I wait for the more premium ones to arrive (Sheath, Ghost).

The Gripmunk is very well made, has a great fit, and the buttons are absolutely perfect (very clicky and has a button for the action button instead of a cutout). I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on this case for so long. It’s like a more affordable Sheath. Will be interesting to see how they compare once the Sheath arrives.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Oh this looks SO good. I’ve had issues with the silicone cases picking up lint in the past but am so tempted to give it another try.

I do have to say I’ve been very, very happy with the Smartish Gripmunk, my “cheap” case while I wait for the more premium ones to arrive (Sheath, Ghost).

The Gripmunk is very well made, has a great fit, and the buttons are absolutely perfect (very clicky and has a button for the action button instead of a cutout). I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on this case for so long. It’s like a more affordable Sheath. Will be interesting to see how they compare once the Sheath arrives.
For what it's worth, I am running the clay silicone on my white 15 PM, and I definitely recommend it. Last year I ordered some knockoff silicone cases from AliExpress, and I stopped using them after 5 days because I couldn't handle how much dust/lint they were collecting. This year I went with the clay silicone directly from Apple, and I'm happy to say that I don't notice it collecting nearly as much lint as the knockoffs did. Sure the Apple silicones are overpriced for what they offer in a case, but in my opinion they are worth the price, solely based off of the quality.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
My Sheath doesn't look like that either. I ended up getting another color so now I have multiple Sheaths. The other poster should probably just email support. They've been really good every time I've reached out to them.
I’ve purchased the gray one too and a synthesis. So much for not buying a lot of cases this year. 😏

Reactions: Hooterville

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I also ended up going with a Native Union. Overall pretty happy with it, although I wish they had a navy/blue option.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    689.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 146

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I'm coming to the conclusion that you have to choose between a highly protective case or a case with excellent MagSafe capabilities, but it's rare to find a case that has both things together. 😕
You should check out phone rebel they have really good protection and magnets are one of the strongest on any case if not the strongest

Reactions: Jaggrey

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I contacted Benks about the rattling buttons my Armor Pro and they offered to send a replacement before I even asked.
Good to know!

Amazon was sold out, so I couldn’t take advantage of free returns. I ordered through the Benks website, and it should be here in about a week.

I hope they let me return it if I am not satisfied.

Edit: crap, it’s available again on Amazon through a 3rd party seller that offers free returns. When I looked a couple of days ago, the PM one was sold out. Oh well.

So it is somewhat “fingerprint unfriendly?”

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I have the Clay Silicon for my 15PM Natural. This is my first Apple Silicon case as I have always used Apple Leather cases and I must say I've been missing out, this case is amazing. And the Clay color is perfect for the Natural.
No lent so far, I haven't tried jean pockets I always wear shorts this time of year so we will see. View attachment 2283788 View attachment 2283787 View attachment 2283786

Really? I see so much lint in those photos. It’s funny to me how everyone swears their silicone cases don’t pick up any lint. They’re silicone that’s what they’re gonna do. Now with that said, I’m not trying to knock it at all but let’s be real every silicone case including Apple’s are lint magnets. And yes Clay and Natural Ti is the by far the best combo for the silicone case/phone.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
my case and wallet from vaja cases shipped today from argentina. hoping this will be my long term case.
Did you go with their Vaja new V-Mag case or the normal one? My wife’s V-Mag case and portfolio arrive today. Seems like it will be a bit heavier than their normal cases.

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Really? I see so much lint in those photos. It’s funny to me how everyone swears their silicone cases don’t pick up any lint. They’re silicone that’s what they’re gonna do. Now with that said, I’m not trying to knock it at all but let’s be real every silicone case including Apple’s are lint magnets. And yes Clay and Natural Ti is the by far the best combo for the silicone case/phone.
Yes silicone collects lint but the hate they get when there not nearly as bad as the traditional silicone case is crazy to me. As if the case gets more hate from people jumping on the bandwagon then giving it a chance.

Reactions: maxrest

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
View attachment 2280273 View attachment 2280272

Highly recommended -
Meifigno Magic Mag case from Amazon. The case is 10 dollars, it’s one of the best feeling and best quality cases I’ve tried!
It’s got a nice soft touch feel very similar to Apple Silicone but not grippy but much smoother. Fits very snug and metal buttons are very responsive (button for action button too). MagSafe magnet is nice and strong and got a nice matte minimalistic look.

I also bought a fine woven case but there’s no way that case is worth 60 dollars. Returning it

Really happy with the Meifigno case - got it in grey. I'd go so far as to say this is the best case I've owned for an iPhone overall. Unfortunately it's $23 Canadian on Amazon for me but still! Doesn't feel cheap, high quality metal buttons, soft touch silicone feels premium, very thin. Glad I saw your post and ordered.

Reactions: JBlass421

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
i went with the new v mag. the case and the wallet cover. i never put cards in the wallet so i really just want the folio cover but they’re not available yet. i buy a case from them just about every year. i usually get tired of the folio. i’m super happy they went with a detachable this year.

plushboringfrog

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Good to know!

Amazon was sold out, so I couldn’t take advantage of free returns. I ordered through the Benks website, and it should be here in about a week.

Edit: crap, it’s available again on Amazon through a 3rd party seller that offers free returns. When I looked a couple of days ago, the PM one was sold out. Oh well.

I ordered on their site because it was cheaper with a coupon. Didn't realize it was shipping from China when I ordered. The site says the buyer pays return shipping unless there is a defect.

You'll probably see fingerprints if your hands are oily. My hands are generally dry so it hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: maverick22

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I ordered on their site because it was cheaper with a coupon. Didn't realize it was shipping from China when I ordered. The site says the buyer pays return shipping unless there is a defect.

You'll probably see fingerprints if your hands are oily. My hands are generally dry so it hasn't been an issue.
And good luck getting them to admit there’s a defect. I’ve been going back and forth by email with them for days trying to get them to cover the return shipping on my Armor Air where a corner doesn’t go on fully. I wouldn’t order from them again.

Reactions: maverick22

b17

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2022
After so many cases i decided to go caseless, my caudabe didnt arrive yet and i probably wont even get the free one. Apple care + and apple silicone in clay color for those moments when i want a case will be enough.

Before i always used the apple leather cases, now with the 15 pm i hate every case i tried.

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Good to know!

do you have a link? I can't find it on amazon

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
After so many cases i decided to go caseless, my caudabe didnt arrive yet and i probably wont even get the free one. Apple care + and apple silicone in clay color for those moments when i want a case will be enough.

Before i always used the apple leather cases, now with the 15 pm i hate every case i tried.
Cases are extremely lackluster this year IMO. I hate cases with the visible magsafe rings, others get crazy fingerprints, have metal buttons that will scratch the body of the phone, don't fit, etc.
Yawn.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
i went with the new v mag. the case and the wallet cover. i never put cards in the wallet so i really just want the folio cover but they’re not available yet. i buy a case from them just about every year. i usually get tired of the folio. i’m super happy they went with a detachable this year.
Nice - will be curious of your thoughts and also how their wallet and how it compares to Apples (as thin).

My should be getting the V-Mag iPhone case and V-Mag Folio today. Hope so. There leather is great quality and really lasts.

Reactions: darrinS

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Really happy with the Meifigno case - got it in grey. I'd go so far as to say this is the best case I've owned for an iPhone overall. Unfortunately it's $23 Canadian on Amazon for me but still! Doesn't feel cheap, high quality metal buttons, soft touch silicone feels premium, very thin. Glad I saw your post and ordered.

Celestial Blue Caudabe Synthesis with Blue Ti phone is the one for me. I love it and can’t wait for action button revision. Definitely my case for this year (once again)

I have been looking at a second case option and looking to do a frosted clear case that is good quality and affordable. I ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit frosted that hasn’t arrived yet. This case looks very nice though! I just ordered it in two colors, let’s see if I prefer it over Spigen.

The black version is $9.99 and blue is $14.99 so affordable! I love the metal buttons, slim fit, MagSafe and frosted back which I prefer over clear (less of a fingerprint magnet), seems to hit all the marks. Hopefully the fit is nice. Looking forward to trying them. Glad I saw your post as well referring to the previous post lol

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
do you have a link? I can't find it on amazon
BENKS Magnetic Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max, Built with Dupont Kevlar 600D Aramid Fiber [Compatible with Magsafe], [Military Grade Drop Protection] Anti-Scratch Non-Slip Shockproof Cover, 6.7 inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CCNFTWPQ?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_ZEMBCEBYGCM9T07S218Z

At least I think that’s it (for the Pro Max)?

Yes, my hands are a little oily.

I had a feeling their customer service sucked. I should have went with my gut and waited until it was available with free returns on Amazon.

Wonder how the Benks compares to the Mous 5 Limitless in carbon fiber.

Reactions: Imsuperjp

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
Celestial Blue Caudabe Synthesis with Blue Ti phone is the one for me. I love it and can’t wait for action button revision. Definitely my case for this year (once again)

I have been looking at a second case option and looking to do a frosted clear case that is good quality and affordable. I ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit frosted that hasn’t arrived yet. This case looks very nice though! I just ordered it in two colors, let’s see if I prefer it over Spigen.

The black version is $9.99 and blue is $14.99 so affordable! I love the metal buttons, slim fit, MagSafe and frosted back which I prefer over clear (less of a fingerprint magnet), seems to hit all the marks. Hopefully the fit is nice. Looking forward to trying them. Glad I saw your post as well referring to the previous post lol
I have the spigen ultra hybrid magfit clear with a graphite MagSafe ring on the back. I love this case.

Reactions: JBlass421

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
IMG_0038.jpeg
Why did I get home and checked my mailbox for my Caudabe package, and it’s not what I ordered 😭😭. I matched the order numbers up with my order confirmation and shipping confirmation, and they both were the Lucid Clear Celestial Blue. I sent Caudabe an email because I am angry 😤 right now.

• Wow
Reactions: DelBoySmiffy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.