Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickyValentine

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
IMG_2941.jpeg
So yea this is normal use after two months and this is how it looks? Waste of 50.00

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Mine still looks really good, but I don't use that case every day. I alternate between going caseless, a silicone, and a clear case.

Reactions: jefnot

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Yeah a lot of people have had problems with the FW cases. I guess I’m lucky, mine still looks new after two months

Lucky, or maybe you don’t use your phone to clean bathroom floors. Because I swear people always claim that “regular use” thing, and then it turns out that “ok, so I dropped it 20 times, but it was rarely in the mud and almost never ran over it with a car so, you know… normal use.”

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have returned a few FW cases because of premature wear but I'd like to know what the OP classes as 'normal use' looking at that.

Reactions: bevsb2

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
Wow. If the FW case was $20 I'd say no biggie but at $50 that's not cool.
Even at $20 I’d say I could have spent the money on something better* - like my silicone case that I got when it was reduced on Amazon.

*this is assuming that “normal use” indeed makes it look as awful as this. “Normal use” in my case would be “pulling it out of and sliding it into a pocket, holding it in my hand, putting it on tables and my night stand”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.