Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdxsellers

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2016
IMG_7138.jpeg
IMG_7139.jpeg

Since launch.

• Wow
Reactions: ebika

aYvYyyPhNa

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2015
I do miss my FW cases sometimes.

I consider reordering and just putting up with how they wear.

Then I see pics like this and that thought soon leaves my mind.
I see pictures like this and wonder how a case can get to that point. Maybe it's because I have an office job, but I just take care of my phone and case, taking care not to get it dirty/gross no matter what case I'm using.

And besides, all of that dirt and gunk will clean out with laundry detergent or some dawn. I've completed soaked mine with water and dawn, scrubbed it a bit, and it comes out almost like new.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Was checking Amazon to see what kind of discounts there are on the finewocen cases and noticed this warning. I’ve never seen a frequently returned item warning on any item on Amazon. I wouldn’t be surprised if retailers don’t carry these next year due to the high return rate.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 77

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Was checking Amazon to see what kind of discounts there are on the finewocen cases and noticed this warning. I’ve never seen a frequently returned item warning on any item on Amazon. I wouldn’t be surprised if retailers don’t carry these next year due to the high return rate.
The reviews on Amazon are pretty damning!

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
"Garbage In, Garbage Out". As it turns out, that doesn't apply just to programming code. We may as well just go dumpster diving, cobble something together ourselves and save the 50 bucks. That'd be even MORE eco-friendly! Although the hot soapy shower required afterwards may negate some of that. Hmmmm...

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
The reviews EVERYWHERE are pretty damning. Let's just be honest. It's a P.O.S. case and they're charging an obscene mount for it.
They really set themselves up for failure when they marketed it as a leather replacement. I know a lot of people, myself included, that loved the leather case. They weren’t as good after the 11 series but still the dark colored cases looked great after a year of usage. They could have launched it along side the leather cases at the same price as the silicone and there wouldn’t be as much distain for it. I hated the feel of it so I returned mine the first week.

Reactions: sammjordan

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
They really set themselves up for failure when they marketed it as a leather replacement. I know a lot of people, myself included, that loved the leather case. They weren’t as good after the 11 series but still the dark colored cases looked great after a year of usage. They could have launched it along side the leather cases at the same price as the silicone and there wouldn’t be as much distain for it. I hated the feel of it so I returned mine the first week.
They could have even gone down the Moft route and offered a decent pleather option.

I reckon people would have been happy with that.

You're not gonna get patina/wear obviously but they have got the feel of leather 95% there and the fit and slimness of the case is 99% as close to Apple's as you're gonna get. I am surprisingly impressed with mine and after bashing the the price (£50) of their cases, so far, I am happy with the £40 I paid. Feels well worth it at the mo*

One thing is for sure, Apple definitely won't offer the FW cases for the 16 series.

*I switch cases so much, I reserve the right to change this opinion if needed 😂

babalougots

macrumors regular
May 5, 2021
Agree on how Finewoven was pitched and I was not a fan of the leather case. I prefer the Finewoven over the silicone which I previously used. I rock the black FW case and wallet and I love the combo.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
They could have even gone down the Moft route and offered a decent pleather option.

I reckon people would have been happy with that.

You're not gonna get patina/wear obviously but they have got the feel of leather 95% there and the fit and slimness of the case is 99% as close to Apple's as you're gonna get. I am surprisingly impressed with mine and after bashing the the price (£50) of their cases, so far, I am happy with the £40 I paid. Feels well worth it at the mo*

One thing is for sure, Apple definitely won't offer the FW cases for the 16 series.

*I switch cases so much, I reserve the right to change this opinion if needed 😂
Agreed it’s very likely we see a “vegan” leather apple case next year and I would probably buy it just because I like how thin and light apples cases are. As much as I like my full grain leather cases none of them are as minimalist as the apple leather case.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Agreed it’s very likely we see a “vegan” leather apple case next year and I would probably buy it just because I like how thin and light apples cases are. As much as I like my full grain leather cases none of them are as minimalist as the apple leather case.
If Apple did a vegan leather case as a replacement for real leather, they'd get torn to shreds by environmentalists. Vegan leather isn't all that better than real leather.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I’m slowly slipping back to the dark side. Every case I have tried is good, but all have flaws. Outside the Pitaka slim case the FW case fits the best. Despite its flaws. I have been using the blue case and yes the buttons wiggle here and there but it seems to fit the best. Am I alone in this?

Reactions: leifp

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I’m slowly slipping back to the dark side. Every case I have tried is good, but all have flaws. Outside the Pitaka slim case the FW case fits the best. Despite its flaws. I have been using the blue case and yes the buttons wiggle here and there but it seems to fit the best. Am I alone in this?
What exactly is the "dark side"? The FW case?

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan

the closed bottom ryan london is VERY close to the cases apple made for the 14. thin and light with great buttons, but with actual high quality leather

Reactions: mjpearce023

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
the closed bottom ryan london is VERY close to the cases apple made for the 14. thin and light with great buttons, but with actual high quality leather
I’m pretty happy with the Keyway and bare leather cases but they aren’t quite as thin/light as the apple leather cases were. I haven’t tried RL.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Just joking around on the bad rap the case gets. Outside it being overpriced it’s an a fine case. I switching around with that my leather case and caudabile (spelling sorry) case.
It gets a bad rap for a reason though. It’s clearly not as durable as other cases. Like you I’ve got a Caudable case too and it’s much more durable than the FW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.