Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viridian5

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2023
How about the woven watch bands? Haven’t seen any reviews so far
I have the evergreen finewoven one from its (delayed) launch and I’m very happy with it. I use it for special occasions and use sport loops for daily wear. So it’s not been subjected to any extreme conditions but passed the scratch test in my opinion

bollman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2001
Lund, Sweden
how many screens/glass backs have you broken?

be honest.
One, but that was not an iPhone. I’ve dropped my phones many, many times, and some have gotten pretty scuffed, but the only phone that got shattered was my Nokia 920 that I had during my Windows Phone years. I dropped it like 2 feet onto a pretty soft floor and the screen just got obliterated which was pretty strange.

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
As slippery as these phones are I won’t go case less even with Apple Care. Woven was so ugly I didn’t even bother. Got a Zagg clear but the sides are yellowing already. Might go with normal black and boring Zag or hard plastic clear.
I fixed the slipperiness with a clear magsafe pop socket. It sticks really well when I want it to, or just pops off if I want my phone to look sleek. Also I can set it on hard surfaces without worrying about scratches.

Highly recommend it to anyone that doesn’t like the look or feel of a case :)

Reactions: jbachandouris

JustinKent

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2017
No matter which case you use, it's gonna get worn over time, in addition to adding bulk + weight.

Having said that, I don't want to go caseless because I drop the phone on occasion (about 1-2 times per month). I have Apple Care, but I've shattered a phone before and replacing it is an inconvenience... even just a scratch or dent may bother me, so I want to avoid those too (and AC won't help with those).

I switched to the Arc Pulse and am very happy with it. It's fairly immune to wear and tear, offers a lot of protection in a minimal footprint, while leaving the buttons and sides of the phone open.
ArcPulseForIPhone15Pro-Gray-AluminumTitanGray_x300.png

Seems expensive for what it is, but so far it's the best fit for me so I'm fine paying an extra $30. A lot of people are curious about it and think it looks cool. The biggest downside is that not all MagSafe accessories work with it... for instance, the MagSafe Wallet doesn't fit perfectly, so the bottom isn't flush with the phone. MagSafe charging works fine with the Apple charger.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
i can’t even imagine paying the apple tax for apples **** cases. $10 for a rock solid attractive spigen case that wil last the life of the phone and survive all kinds of drops.

Reactions: fc4090

stevefeinstein

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2002
So yea this is normal use after two months and this is how it looks? Waste of 50.00

I think mine looks pretty good. I have it in my hands for hours every day. I got my phone on day one with that case. The Magsafe ring from my chargers and accessories even looks OK to me.

What's been on your hands that yours looks like that? I'd be curious as to what a leather one you had for the same amount of time looked like.

IMG_0403.JPEG

Smigit

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
View attachment 2321396

Yeah here's mine. I haven't tried cleaning it. I still like the case, though! I'll probably pick a second one up for backup when they go on sale before the new phones come out.
I actually think this looks good. The OPs is fine other than perhaps the splotches from some liquid. Otherwise I think a bit of wear adds character to it.

Panicing

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
I much prefer it to the leather and the silicone. I either use those or went without a case. The leather and the silicone were always too slippery on places like a dash or a console of a car, and the silicone was too tacky going in and out of a pocket. The woven felt funny at first, but mine has worn just like a leather one, and I love the way it feels. The edges still feel like leather, but the back is soft, and it isn’t slippery. It won’t win any good looking awards, but I like it better than the old ones (and I like leather).

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpeg
    IMG_3943.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 171

rascalmaster

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
View attachment 2320866 So yea this is normal use after two months and this is how it looks? Waste of 50.00
Mine would look like that… but I’ve cleaned it. First time I used some gym shoe cleaner foam and lightly rubbed it in before wiping dry with a microfibre. Came out lovely and new. Second time I tried a little dishwasher liquid already foamed up on a dish sponge- also came out fantastic.
I was prepared to hate this case after all the reviews on launch but actually one of my favourite ones. Now also bought in black.
Hope this helps

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
Why couldn't Apple give customers a choice! The climate-friendly customers could then choose FW and us irresponsible people could choose leather.

They did give us a choice. The choice to buy from someone else. I'm very pleased with my Bullstrap leather case! I was a little leery of the hype/enthusiasm over them, but it really is great.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I ordered an Andar the same day I ordered my Pro Max, and like many, I discounted the Finewoven cases offhand. Then I visited an Apple store, browsed over to one, touched it and liked it. It has a great feel (to me). So out the door I went with one, and I've picked up another color since.

For the past several years, I've had multiple cases, and I rotate them every few days. The Finewoven cases I have just went into the rotation. They still look great (maybe a slight magsafe ring indentation) and the suede like feel is unique.

They aren't for everyone, and that's fine. There's a lot of options in the case world. But they are a nice change of pace from my usual Andar leather cases.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I ordered an Andar the same day I ordered my Pro Max, and like many, I discounted the Finewoven cases offhand. Then I visited an Apple store, browsed over to one, touched it and liked it. It has a great feel (to me). So out the door I went with one, and I've picked up another color since.

For the past several years, I've had multiple cases, and I rotate them every few days. The Finewoven cases I have just went into the rotation. They still look great (maybe a slight magsafe ring indentation) and the suede like feel is unique.

They aren't for everyone, and that's fine. There's a lot of options in the case world. But they are a nice change of pace from my usual Andar leather cases.
I also bought the Andar aspen case and like it alot but wanted to also try the finewoven case. I just came back from the apple store and picked one up in pacific blue for my pro max to see how it is. What other cases do you have for your pro max?

umbrokhan

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
England
I also bought the Andar aspen case and like it alot but wanted to also try the finewoven case. I just came back from the apple store and picked one up in pacific blue for my pro max to see how it is. What other cases do you have for your pro max?
Is the blue colour very dark?
The finewoven green colour looks like black when I had it for few days.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010

I have 3 apple (2 finewoven--black and blue--and black silicone) and 5 Andar aspen cases (black, brown, saddle, red, white)

I'll change out cases every couple of days or so, and if I'm going someplace grungy, I'll use the silicone case for that.

Reactions: gagee

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
In the store it didnt look that dark to me. I havent opened mine and started using yet so will see how it ages.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I have 3 apple (2 finewoven--black and blue--and black silicone) and 5 Andar aspen cases (black, brown, saddle, red, white)

I'll change out cases every couple of days or so, and if I'm going someplace grungy, I'll use the silicone case for that.
Oh wow that is a lot of cases. Especially all of the Andar cases. How come you didnt get the blue Andar case since you got most of the other colours.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
The green and blue FineWoven cases look very dark unless in bright daylight and then you can see the color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.