Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
bah! as a morning person i hate it when they race in the western hemisphere...
[doublepost=1497175434][/doublepost]
8d55da7ddde4d1e41a09d4e8234587f2.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130063
Me too. Fell asleep just before qualifying started last night! Hope I fair better tonight. Highlights start at 10:30.

Reactions: pachyderm

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
As someone in the Western part of the Western Hemisphere, I love it for even though I am a morning person, 4AM local is just too damn early to watch qualifying / racing. :D

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
As someone in the Western part of the Western Hemisphere, I love it for even though I am a morning person, 4AM local is just too damn early to watch qualifying / racing. :D
I actually like the early AM (when the races are in Europe). I don't mind noon, but I love eating breakfast and watching F1

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
0700-0800 race times for me in GA are just perfect. Get up while it's quiet and others are still in bed. Watch the race, done by 1000 and carry on with the day's activities...yard up keep, grocery shopping, and perhaps some therapy (car washing). So, love the european race times, the NA race times are next and then when you get the Asia races, ugh.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Ok, so I just watched the Manaco race, meant to watch it days ago but things got in the way haha. Good race, Red Bull were threatening a bit, good lads, let's see what they manage to do today. Again Lewis seems to be lagging behind Botas, same cars yet Botas gets more out of the rubbish situation they were in?

As for Button and that Sauber going into the barrier, that was funny, of course if he was hurt it would of been different... but what an accident!

So today's race will be a blowy one, let's see how it affects the cars with those big side fins they have this year. This track is very open.

Hmm I'm thinking of betting on Botas more now for next years win.
[doublepost=1497204326][/doublepost]Oh come on..........my man in second and a flipping safety car because of numptys.. gggrrrrrr

Come on Max.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
No comment.... nnnooooo comment... absolutely typical isn't it? Ggrrrrrrrr.... I won't say why as others on here may have to watch it yet.

Yeah I think Botas for next year.
[doublepost=1497205389][/doublepost]On a side note it looks like Hamiltons I think it is, helmet looks like it's been to a hot rod custom paint shop! Very glittery.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Interested to see if Vettel can finish this race. If he can't, there's a great chance this championship will be tied after today's race.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Vettel is a beast, but that many laps on those tires are a tough ask.

Another week, another ALO retirement. Still zero points for McLaren Honda this year.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So just watched the highlights. So much better than Monaco (and not just the result!).

Lewis was supreme today. Obviously the track suits him and the faster cars. Vettel losing a front wing and Max with a breakdown also clearly robbed us of some on track battles (super start from Max).

Can't believe Force India didn't release Ocon on fresh rubber. Might have kept him in front of Vettel if they had.

But lots of overtaking and a few incidents certainly kept it interesting.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

kiwipeso1

Suspended
Sep 17, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
I'm in New Zealand, the European races and Quali start at midnight and coverage goes to 3:30am.
Races in the American continents start at silly early in the morning.
The Asian races are good, except for the one or two starting at 2am or something really late.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
If not I don't think Renault is much of an improvement. A worse chase with a slightly better engine.

Well their could be IndyCar. He called into the NBCSN broadcast and when asked if he would consider IndyCar full-time, after a bit of a pause, he did give a (somewhat noncommittal IMO) "yes". So I don't believe he's really considering it at the moment, but if he could get a ride with Andretti or Penske and have a reasonable shot at winning maybe he would.

Though I think he'd prefer Penske since they run Chevys. :p

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well their could be IndyCar. He called into the NBCSN broadcast and when asked if he would consider IndyCar full-time, after a bit of a pause, he did give a (somewhat noncommittal IMO) "yes". So I don't believe he's really considering it at the moment, but if he could get a ride with Andretti or Penske and have a reasonable shot at winning maybe he would.

Though I think he'd prefer Penske since they run Chevys. :p
I think he'd prefer F1 over Indy. He wants another championship, but I don't think a seat will become available to give him a chance.

Reactions: kiwipeso1

randian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2014
I think he'd prefer F1 over Indy. He wants another championship, but I don't think a seat will become available to give him a chance.
Where would he go? I'd say only Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull have a realistic chance at that, and they have no open seats as far as I know. He could have a points-earning ride at Force India or Williams, but I doubt they have championship potential. Renault is a wildcard, they've won championships in the past, but I doubt Alonso is enough faster than their current drivers to make up the deficiencies in their car.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Where would he go? I'd say only Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull have a realistic chance at that, and they have no open seats as far as I know.

I think Ferrari could move heaven and earth to (eventually) get Max and I don't think Red Bull will be able to keep him as they have a great car, but not a great engine. So that could (eventually) open up an RBR seat for Alonso.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think Ferrari is moving heaven and earth to (eventually) get Max and I don't think Red Bull will be able to keep him as they have a great car, but not a great engine. So that could (eventually) open up an RBR seat for Alonso.
Not a chance in hell. RBR have a well established policy of promoting young drivers from the junior team.
Really can't see them spending on Alonso in his 30's.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Not a chance in hell. RBR have a well established policy of promoting young drivers from the junior team.
Really can't see them spending on Alonso in his 30's.

Well if RBR does lose Max, they are not going to take Danny back and not sure Carlos has WDC potential. So that means someone lower down the chain (are they in F2?) who likely would need to go through STR first)provided Daniel still has WDC potential (I believe he does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.