Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Good race today. Especially the last few laps with Vettel chasing down Bottas and Lewis chasing down Ricardo.
All the tyres were shot. I thought they were supposed to last better now?

Max doesn't seem to be able to catch a break at the moment. Not sure why.

But I guess Vettel was the big winner today in the championship. Didn't appreciate his moaning on the radio about Bottas's super start. The stewards have clear data if anyone jump starts. Not sure why he feels the need to 'lend a hand'.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Good race today. Especially the last few laps with Vettel chasing down Bottas and Lewis chasing down Ricardo.
All the tyres were shot. I thought they were supposed to last better now?

Max doesn't seem to be able to catch a break at the moment. Not sure why.

But I guess Vettel was the big winner today in the championship. Didn't appreciate his moaning on the radio about Bottas's super start. The stewards have clear data if anyone jump starts. Not sure why he feels the need to 'lend a hand'.

Yes, the Sky F1 commentators described Vettel as someone who will go on and on and on and on to convince everyone he is right, despite facts shown he is wrong.
Lewis Hamilton was moping around too when he was interviewed like someone had died! Just because he came in fourth, he was so miserable.

Good race though.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yes, the Sky F1 commentators described Vettel as someone who will go on and on and on and on to convince everyone he is right, despite facts shown he is wrong.
Lewis Hamilton was moping around too when he was interviewed like someone had died! Just because he came in fourth, he was so miserable.

Good race though.
Bottas and Ricardo both come across as nice blokes, so it's good to see them on the podium.
Of course nice blokes don't win championships!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Monaco 2016...
Well yes.

IMG_3341.JPG

But apart from that!

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I should say the last couple of weeks here in the UK have been very hot, we've hit 30 degrees C a couple of days, so if it's the same next weekend it could be a very interesting race at Silverstone..

Don't be so bloody stupid, sunny at Silverstone? lol

Seriously though I've stood in blazing sunshine at that track freezing my knackers off on a fine June day in the past. I froze in 2005, got soaked in the pits in 2008, blinded by hay fever and froze in 2009. Lol
That old airstrip can catch you out :)

Reactions: apolloa

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Formula 1 racing thread. Hmm... Over at the PC rumors site they have Nascar racing threads instead. Mac vs PC. :p

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Don't be so bloody stupid, sunny at Silverstone? lol

Seriously though I've stood in blazing sunshine at that track freezing my knackers off on a fine June day in the past. I froze in 2005, got soaked in the pits in 2008, blinded by hay fever and froze in 2009. Lol
That old airstrip can catch you out :)

Hahaha have faith although it may chuck it down yet, and that'll be a whole other race and a lot more fun too :)

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hahaha have faith although it may chuck it down yet, and that'll be a whole other race and a lot more fun too :)
Could have done with a few drops in Austria. Mind you the main guy I'd like to see benefit from a Wet race (Alonso) had already been taken out at the start.

It will be warm and sunny all weekend at Silverstone.
How do I know? My friend who sometimes goes always goes when it rains. He's having this year off, so warm and sunny is 100% guaranteed!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So the well publisised notice has been handed in by Silverstone. No more British GP after 2019.
Apparently the deal means they are loosing money every year.
Our government doesn't subsidise the cost unlike every other race. Funny when you think that this country must earn the most from F1. Nearly all the teams are based here, so all those employees paying tax would come to a pretty penny.

I better buy a ticket for next year!

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
If Bernie was still in charge, I would be confident we would be waving goodbye to the British GP as he'd sell the date to a Stan or somewhere else in Asia.

But now that he is gone, I am confident Silverstone will negotiate a new deal that is financially viable for them. Liberty will want to keep a GP in Britain and there is no other facility who can host it without spending a shedload of money (which they will not).

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
So the well publisised notice has been handed in by Silverstone. No more British GP after 2019.
Apparently the deal means they are loosing money every year.
Our government doesn't subsidise the cost unlike every other race. Funny when you think that this country must earn the most from F1. Nearly all the teams are based here, so all those employees paying tax would come to a pretty penny.

I better buy a ticket for next year!

i hope they can keep it though...

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
No sky here sadly. :(
Same here now, Channel 4 or I don't bother.

Looks like F1's following in the UK is pretty much dead after next year. Terrestrial TV are losing the coverage and the British GP is finishing. I can't see any other track in the country picking it up as they don't have the infrastructure. Britain will be the home of F1 without the interest. Sad times, but it's only sport I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.