Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
A bit of a public service announcement. :) Crashstappen
https://jalopnik.com/need-to-know-if-max-verstappen-crashed-today-check-th-1825622020

I kind of take it for granted that he does in practice/race but with this site you get a time stamp as to when his last crash was. Wonder if Max knows about this and/or what he thinks about it. Just hilarious that someone would set this up. *Looks like the race is scheduled for 0800 on ESPN2 Sunday. I love these early races...get up and watch and then get on with the day. Cheers. Go Fred!

Reactions: pachyderm

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Not surprised by the positions, same as every other race so far, and it does not mean a win if your in pole again as we’ve learnt this year.
I still think it will be a Seb VS Dan race, but you can never discount Lewis if Mercedes get it together.

Second longest track of the season. Top speeds around 215 mph. Also this is the track a Lewis and Seb played dodgems on last year....

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just watched the F2 race in Baku, fantastic racing, anyway the track had a lot of winds across it and it looks pretty grey... will be an interesting F1 race for sure.
I hope so. I suspect strategy will play a big part. There will be a safety car for sure.
So if you pit at the right/wrong time it makes all the difference.
Ferrari have the advantage there as their drivers are starting on different tyres.

Time will tell.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
What the hell are Red Bull doing???? Utter muppets, that is a team with drivers racing each other the entire race, refusing to issues team orders and as a result the inevitable happens....

You have one driver faster than the other and then the only team orders you issue is created to allow their positions to swap after the faster driver overtakes???? Idiots..

That’s not a Dan or Max fault, that’s a team orders and strategy fault. Plain and simple.

Oh and the rules are to defend, not to only block someone once...

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I love it!

Alonso, Sainz, LeClerc, and Stroll all benefit!

And now Grosjean!! Ha ha ha! Yes !!
[doublepost=1525009578][/doublepost]Now if Hamilton and Perez will dnf ...

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Max you DONT weave in front of your teammate!
Idiot!

Wrong!! He was blocking the exact same as anyone else would do! And their were NO team orders, so as far as Dan and Max are concerned they race each other the same as any other driver, Max did nothing wrong under these conditions and it is blaming him for no reason. Dan overcoocked it and rammed him.

As I said, this is a team fault, NOT a driver fault.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Wrong!! He was blocking the exact same as anyone else would do! And their were NO team orders, so as far as Dan and Max are concerned they race each other the same as any other driver, Max did nothing wrong under these conditions and it is blaming him for no reason. Dan overcoocked it and rammed him.

As I said, this is a team fault, NOT a driver fault.
Nope. Check the rules. Max changed direction twice to block him. That's not allowed.

Anyway what a finish to this race!
[doublepost=1525010071][/doublepost]
I love it!

Bottas instead mate.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
I love it!

It’s a shame Sainz had to pit as he was rocking!

And Grosjean! Wasn’t concentrating was he...
[doublepost=1525010170][/doublepost]
Nope. Check the rules. Max changed direction twice to block him. That's not allowed.

Anyway what a finish to this race!
[doublepost=1525010071][/doublepost]
Bottas instead mate.

So you are only allowed to try and defend on one side. Watching the video it looks like he wasn’t really coming across as such.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It’s a shame Sainz had to pit as he was rocking!

And Grosjean! Wasn’t concentrating was he...
[doublepost=1525010170][/doublepost]

So you are only allowed to try and defend on one side.... you do know that thy can only apply those swerve rules when the other car is beside you?
You are allowed one change of direction to defend. Max went left and right.
Against the rules in my book. It's under investigation.

But I feel sorry for Bottas. He should be tasting champagne. Yet he's walking back to the pits.

Still what a great race to watch.
Great result for Leclerc. 6th.
Kimi did well to get 2nd after his start.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
I'm only making two comments:

1. My heart go out to Bottas. He drove a masterful race, and should have won.

2> The FIA had better come down hard on Mad Max. They need to kick the thug in the mouth and let him bleed. Complete Dumbass. :apple:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I'm only making two comments:

1. My heart go out to Bottas. He drove a masterful race, and should have won.

2> The FIA had better come down hard on Mad Max. They need to kick the thug in the mouth and let him bleed. Complete Dumbass. :apple:
A little harsh, but I agree they need to issue some more points on his license.

Lewis is very gracious in his post race comments. He has received a gift today.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
A little harsh, but I agree they need to issue some more points on his license.

Lewis is very gracious in his post race comments. He has received a gift today.

Harsh? I suggest you look at Mad Max's history. HE DOES NOT LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES. He never will. He needs to finish the season with Torro Rossi. I guarantee RBR is considering this as I type. There is no way his contract does not have loop holes we do not know about given his inability to learn how to use his talent. :apple:

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Harsh? I suggest you look at Mad Max's history. HE DOES NOT LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES. He never will. He needs to finish the season with Toro Rossi. I guarantee RBR is considering this as I type. There is no way his contract does not have loop holes we do not know about given his inability to learn how to use his talent. :apple:
Can't see it myself. Max will be their number one talent when Daniel moves on in 2019!

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Can't see it myself. Max will be their number one talent when Daniel moves on in 2019!

Max will never be a #1. Contractually a lead driver, sure, I'll go with that. His immaturity, and lack of a legitimate thought process will hinder him from ever being a World Champion. What he did today will sit in many Team Principles Minds for eternity. He has enough seat time to over the "Testosterone Phase." Simply stupid. :apple:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
You are allowed one change of direction to defend. Max went left and right.
Against the rules in my book. It's under investigation.

But I feel sorry for Bottas. He should be tasting champagne. Yet he's walking back to the pits.

Still what a great race to watch.
Great result for Leclerc. 6th.
Kimi did well to get 2nd after his start.

Well with regards to Botas, how does this affect the sport when debris left in the track changes the winner? Very odd when the first three are nothing like was predicted right up to the end of the race.
But also fantastic racing and anything but boring... I did see other debris though that was missed being cleared. Very dangerous really.

Vettell he paid the price for overcooking it..

And I will wait to read what happens with Dan and Max but in my mind he didn’t do anything wrong, but it was inevitable because if what the team let them do...
[doublepost=1525012363][/doublepost]
Max will never be a #1. Contractually a lead driver, sure, I'll go with that. His immaturity, and lack of a legitimate thought process will hinder him from ever being a World Champion. What he did today will sit in many Team Principles Minds for eternity. He has enough seat time to over the "Testosterone Phase." Simply stupid. :apple:

You don’t know racing then. You should go and watch videos of all the other drivers crashing into team mates or crashing lots in seasons.. it’s nothing new what Max has done, and it was a team fault, not driver fault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.