Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Well he should in Canada. His car is the third best and he has the advantage of know penalties unlike Daniel.

You can’t draw anything from Max in the P sessions (or many others with all the sandbagging these days.) I predict an incident in Q2 simply due to being unable to understand why a good 3rd or 4th place finish is a good result at this race. This was mentioned earlier in another post. He can’t identify when he is going over the edge. Again, learning when to push, and when not to push. Or more traditional for Max, pushing when told to maintain pace. :apple:
[doublepost=1528498596][/doublepost]
Spain 2016 comes very much to mind. :eek:

Yet, he never repeated that error. ;)

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
6 races, 3 winners, 2 wins a piece...

hmmp. Not a Max fan by any stretch these days but if he were to win this weekend we'd have ourselves an interesting season for sure.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
7lsbshH.jpg

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Vettel better have a good start, Bottas and Max will mix it up in the first corner with Lewis vaulting into second. Vettel will screw it up somewhere down the line and Lewis will win. Prediction, hope I'm wrong.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Anyone else think Vettel just runs and hides?

If he clears turn one without a RBR in his side pod, yes. ;)
[doublepost=1528649269][/doublepost]
Vettel better have a good start, Bottas and Max will mix it up in the first corner with Lewis vaulting into second. Vettel will screw it up somewhere down the line and Lewis will win. Prediction, hope I'm wrong.

Lewis will be a P3 at best. I’m far more interested in the “small quality issue” with the AMG Powerplant upgrade. I’ll assume it is some parts supplier out of spec caught too late for Canada. It seems unfathmnable to me for it to be an assembly issue with AMG. But if a first is going to effect AMG this would be the year for it. :apple:
[doublepost=1528649722][/doublepost]
I hope he takes out Lewie....

Z6yvMDh.png

IrY4re0.png

I think that both Williams' and Torro Rosso drivers are horrible and should be out of F1 next season if not sooner.

Grosjean too...

Na, you don’t want someone to “take out” someone. That’s NASCAR :rolleyes:

I think Roman is the most likely without a ride next year. The Williams issues are not driver initiated. It’s actually quite sad for me to watch Williams self destruct. There is soooo much history. :(

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
If he clears turn one without a RBR in his side pod, yes. ;)
[doublepost=1528649269][/doublepost]

Lewis will be a P3 at best. I’m far more interested in the “small quality issue” with the AMG Powerplant upgrade. I’ll assume it is some parts supplier out of spec caught too late for Canada. It seems unfathmnable to me for it to be an assembly issue with AMG. But if a first is going to effect AMG this would be the year for it. :apple:
[doublepost=1528649722][/doublepost]

Na, you don’t want someone to “take out” someone. That’s NASCAR :rolleyes:

I think Roman is the most likely without a ride next year. The Williams issues are not driver initiated. It’s actually quite sad for me to watch Williams self destruct. There is soooo much history. :(

If he bumped Lewie off the track I'd be fine with that.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Anyone else think Vettel just runs and hides?

The winning post. ;)

Congrats to Ferrari. 50th for Seb, and first since 2004. Huge day. Nice response from Maranello to all the FIA hanky, panky. Total domination. Yea, yea, boring race. Yada, yada, yada. Nothing of value comes easy.

Secondary well done to Max. Very well driven, well paced, mature drive. He was even chatty with Seb after the weigh in. If he can race like today for the remainder of the season I may reconsider my opinion next year. Time will tell. :apple:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Surprising Montreal was so procedural, usually it’s better. Between Monaco and Montreal, we’re back to dullsville. At least it’s a tight drivers battle at the top. Hoping the French GP is more exciting

Reactions: pachyderm

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Pretty sure that you can say that about all the races. No passing. BUT you got to see something rare....Max didn't crash out.
Not usually that bad.
[doublepost=1528694249][/doublepost]
Surprising Montreal was so procedural, usually it’s better. Between Monaco and Montreal, we’re back to dullsville. At least it’s a tight drivers battle at the top. Hoping the French GP is more exciting
Let's hope so. Three weeks on the spin is going to be interesting.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Engine lost power. He got it back to the pits and retired.

Poor Alonso. He forces McLaren to dump Honda and it's all going horribly wrong. Meanwhile Gasly starts 19th and finishes 11th while Alonso DNF's and Vandoorne loses a spot to finish 16th. By this time next year, Toro Rosso could be a top midfield team while McLaren will need to fire Brown and all their drivers. Full culture change! Or am I being too drastic?

Reactions: pachyderm

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Poor Alonso. He forces McLaren to dump Honda and it's all going horribly wrong. Meanwhile Gasly starts 19th and finishes 11th while Alonso DNF's and Vandoorne loses a spot to finish 16th. By this time next year, Toro Rosso could be a top midfield team while McLaren will need to fire Brown and all their drivers. Full culture change! Or am I being too drastic?

He will be with Andretti Racing in Indy Car next year. My money is he wins the 500 for the Triple Crown. :apple:
[doublepost=1528746503][/doublepost]
The exhaust broke so the temps under the cowling rose to the point the engine was in danger of failing so he had to throttle down and retire to save the PU.

Indeed. This was the issue between Honda and McLaren in previous seasons. Not designing the chassis for adequate cooling of the power plant. All other teams design around the power plant. Yet McLaren can't get the temps under control again with Renault.
Won't be around much longer. Very unfortunate. At least they don't simply fire someone every week like Williams to try and solve the issues. :apple:

Last edited:
Reactions: apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Watching some of the Le Mans 24hr, and realising the hybrid group C cars are actually faster then the F1 cars! They weigh as much as a nat, have advanced aerodynamics, and 1000 HP 4 wheel drive drive trains!! And they have to last for a solid 24hrs of racing!

You’ve gotta admit, that’s some serious engineering and probably on half the budget of F1 teams!

Toyota are going to build a limited run if their race car for the road, cost will probably be silly, apparently they are bringing back the rule that they have to sell so many road going versions to qualify to compete, ah the old rule they ditched which bought us the Maserati MC12, Mercedes C12 was it? And more recently the Ford GT although that’s not in the mental Hybrid class... one of the best rules in racing.

I’ll look forward to seeing the winners as is tradition at Goodwood FOS this year, they don’t wash them even, so you see these beasts bugs n all haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Glideslope

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Watching some of the Le Mans 24hr, and realising the hybrid group C cars are actually faster then the F1 cars! They weigh as much as a nat, have advanced aerodynamics, and 1000 HP 4 wheel drive drive trains!! And they have to last for a solid 24hrs of racing!

You’ve gotta admit, that’s some serious engineering and probably on half the budget of F1 teams!

Toyota are going to build a limited run if their race car for the road, cost will probably be silly, apparently they are bringing back the rule that they have to sell so many road going versions to qualify to compete, ah the old rule they ditched which bought us the Maserati MC12, Mercedes C12 was it? And more recently the Ford GT although that’s not in the mental Hybrid class... one of the best rules in racing.

I’ll look forward to seeing the winners as is tradition at Goodwood FOS this year, they don’t wash them even, so you see these beasts bugs n all haha

Agreed. Truly amazing racing machines. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.