Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
A few grid penalties then. Shame.

Hope for a good race. Bottas hasn't had much luck this year though.
Hope that changes.
After yesterday who predicts some fiesty RBR action between team mates?
Assuming Grojan doesn't take them out first!

SC before second lap is my prediction.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Fairly exciting opening lap! Hamilton and Bottas completely destroying the field so far. Should be a Merc 1-2 by over a minute unless they turn down the engines soon

Reactions: pachyderm

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Fairly exciting opening lap! Hamilton and Bottas completely destroying the field so far. Should be a Merc 1-2 by over a minute unless they turn down the engines soon
Great comeback from Bottas.
[doublepost=1530451772][/doublepost]Poor Bottas. Can't get the luck. Same for Hulkenberg.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Fantastic start, excellent driving, go Red Bull Go..... I smell a Red Bull 1 2todsy because Mercedes have messed up their strategy..... again... no doubt they will blame their computer algorithm again...

Poor poor poor Botas, he needs a hug. mad can Martin Brundle shut up, he is full of it! He was moaning about where the Renault that was on fire stopped! Should of gone in the pits he moaned... idiot!

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Merc must have spotted something with Bottas and turned down Lewis.. at least temporarily. They were going to win the race by 60 seconds from the opening laps.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This is getting VERY interesting, Lewis’s tyres are now blistering, that means Dani will leave him on his newer set, so will the Ferrari tyres suffer?

Shame about Dani’s tyres :(
Don't understand how Lewis's younger tyres are blistering more than the Ferrari.
Agree shame on Ricardo. I'd prefer him to beat Max.
[doublepost=1530454525][/doublepost]Then it goes from bad to worse for Ricardo.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Terrible birthday weekend for Daniel! The good guys have been thwarted in Austria. Hulk, Bott, and Ric gone.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Great race. Totally unpredictable.
Start was fantastic.
Bad luck for the Mercedes and Daniel.
Really surprised Ferrari didn't swap the second and third places.
I wonder if Kimi said no?

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
And at the beginning Chris Horner Rick Rolled everyone by saying this was a power circuit which is Red Bulls achilles heal!

What a great race.

Can we have more races like this please, you know, where it’s finger nail biting if the leader will actually win as opposed to being a 30 seconds out in front boring snore fest!

Last edited:

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Too bad that it wasn't Ferrari 1,2 but ok result. Seb in the lead in the championship by a point. I'll take it. Oh yeah Alonso finishes in the points.

Reactions: Glideslope
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.