Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Outstanding tire management by Max. Well earned win. Kimi will remember the lap 3 nudge. Just keep that filed away. ;)

Well done to the Prancing Horse. Seb back in the lead. Big gains in the WCC. Kimi still has it.

Chaos at Mercedes between today and Silverstone. Feel bad for Toto when Lewis sees the Bottas/Lauda clip. :eek:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Just remember this is half way through the season! And Red Bull have matched and beaten the other two in a track they didn’t have the advantage on!

Oh this season is shaping up to be so good!! Three way battle! Yes please :)

So next weekend it’s the home track for the majority of the teams, I don’t know if the Mercedes F1 team are based in the U.K.?
Current predictions are still hot with our seamingly never ending heat wave!

Reactions: Glideslope

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
So I have to think, with this season shaping up as it is, it’s a very good thing they’ve kicked out Eccleston? Made it a lot better for us fans.

Apparently the French track is the way it is as it’s designed for testing as opposed to racing.
[doublepost=1530456923][/doublepost]
Kimi is so chatty as they wait to go on the podium!

I’m not going, but are you going to Silverstone? Take your camera kit?

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Kimi is so chatty as they wait to go on the podium!

Yes, he was. I wonder what today’s effort will result in for him?
Seb gave him a “Knee Nudgie” in the cool down room as well. ;)
[doublepost=1530457749][/doublepost]
When Lewis fails, he goes all out. Lots of crying and moaning. What a disaster for Mercedes
[doublepost=1530457681][/doublepost]What a race for Haas!

His typical MO. Put him in another team and he is an average talent.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Just remember this is half way through the season! And Red Bull have matched and beaten the other two in a track they didn’t have the advantage on!

Max benefitted from being in front with no pressure so he could nurse his tires to manage the blistering. More telling to me was I did not see blistering on the Ferrari even though both were in scraps a fair bit of the race so they may have an advantage on high-temp tracks. Honestly, if not for the grid penalty this probably would have handed the win to Seb.

That being said, Max drove heads-up and congrats on his win.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So I have to think, with this season shaping up as it is, it’s a very good thing they’ve kicked out Eccleston? Made it a lot better for us fans.

Apparently the French track is the way it is as it’s designed for testing as opposed to racing.
[doublepost=1530456923][/doublepost]

I’m not going, but are you going to Silverstone? Take your camera kit?
I'd love to, but sadly not an option for me.

Reactions: apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
I'd love to, but sadly not an option for me.

That’s a shame, it is very expensive though. I am going to Goodwood Festivle Of Speed again but this time for three days! My legs and feet will be knackered after, I’ve even bought a pair of trainers in the hope my feet will be happier.
My main concern is the sun as if the weathers still this heatwave, I’ll have to slap on the sun cream several times!
I’m looking forward to seeing that Porsche that smashed the Nurburgring ring record going up the hill.

No idea which F1 teams will be there this year, hopefully we’ll see the V10 and V8 beasts blast of the line, bring back some good old memories.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That’s a shame, it is very expensive though. I am going to Goodwood Festivle Of Speed again but this time for three days! My legs and feet will be knackered after, I’ve even bought a pair of trainers in the hope my feet will be happier.
My main concern is the sun as if the weathers still this heatwave, I’ll have to slap on the sun cream several times!
I’m looking forward to seeing that Porsche that smashed the Nurburgring ring record going up the hill.

No idea which F1 teams will be there this year, hopefully we’ll see the V10 and V8 beasts blast of the line, bring back some good old memories.
Have fun. Maybe in a different lifetime I'll see you there!

Reactions: apolloa

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Max or Grojan? Both have had a bad year!

Can't rule out Lewis at Home.
My day is F1 qualifying and England football quarterfinals.
Going to be a tv day!

Yea. That was funny in the pre race when Lewis asked Charlie what the penalty was for missing Saturday Interviews. He loves his Soccer (football?) :apple:

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Great final run by Lewis, but if the track is in the 50's tomorrow, based on Austria, I think this will be a Ferrari 1-2 as they seem to be able to keep their tires from melting.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Great final run by Lewis, but if the track is in the 50's tomorrow, based on Austria, I think this will be a Ferrari 1-2 as they seem to be able to keep their tires from melting.

Agreed. Track temps much over 40 seem to not sit well with the new Mercedes Aero Kit. The SF71H is easily the best on tires at this point.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.