Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Good race for a change. Congrats to Seb. Did you see that pass he made on Bottas....brilliant. As for Hamilton, he did a great job to charge back up the field after that contact with Kimi. He certainly doesn't give up. What did he lose? About 7 points to Seb. With a stumble by Seb he's back on top and there are a lot of races to go. Post race is another story. Storming away from the interview, yup just childish.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Good race for a change. Congrats to Seb. Did you see that pass he made on Bottas....brilliant. As for Hamilton, he did a great job to charge back up the field after that contact with Kimi. He certainly doesn't give up. What did he lose? About 7 points to Seb. With a stumble by Seb he's back on top and there are a lot of races to go. Post race is another story. Storming away from the interview, yup just childish.

agreed.

i think it was a good thing lewie stormed off.

he was able to collect himself.

i don't think ferrari/kimi bumping him was a an intentional "tactic" though.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
agreed.

You're probably right about giving him some time to cool off. Still, he's supposed to be a professional. I think the contact with Kimi was just racing. In the post race interview Kimi admitted he made a mistake. Not intentional in my mind.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yeah I heard that, but I didn’t see how Daniel hit him?

Anyway I see Lewis has accused Ferrari of cheating now :rolleyes: get over yourself man, you lost, move in, no cheating involved!

Bah, Lewis? How about Toto with SkyNews? The most unprofessional statements post race by a Team Principle in 20 years IMO. Toto has lost it. Mercedes is being beaten by Ferrari in aero, power, and reliability. Mercedes is in full panic mode. Toto should be reprimanded for his outrageous post race comments about Ferrari. He is being eviscerated on forums outside of here. Mercedes showing their true colors under mounting pressure. You'll never see Maurizio make such baseless, incendiary comments. :apple:
[doublepost=1531095618][/doublepost]
agreed.

Right, he went into the Cool Down Room and combed his hair for 10 min. Complete tool. Average driver on a World Class Team. :apple:

Reactions: pachyderm

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Well done by Hamilton today for accepting Kimi’s apology for the incident, then publicly apologizing for his baseless, stupid, Ferrari Conspiracy comments in the post race.

Too bad Toto is too Teutonic to do the same. :rolleyes:

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Well the base salary is GBP 30 million, which is USD 39 million at today's exchange rate. With bonuses it will be 40/52 million. Of course, personal sponsorship and endorsement deals will add tens, if not scores, of millions to that.

Reactions: Glideslope

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Is there a race this weekend?
Germany.
[doublepost=1532019643][/doublepost]
Well the base salary is GBP 30 million, which is USD 39 million at today's exchange rate. With bonuses it will be 40/52 million. Of course, personal sponsorship and endorsement deals will add tens, if not scores, of millions to that.
I'm sure there is some point it doesn't really matter. Plus he has his singing career to fall back on.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Which is good since Daniel will be starting from the parking lot with all the grid place penalties for a PU change,

Hopefully there will be no mechanical issues. It's going to be hot. Ferrari seems to have the advantage the hotter it becomes. Max had a small oil leak in P2. Honda can't come soon enough. :apple:
[doublepost=1532115525][/doublepost]
:(
Well hope Vettel finishes behind Lewis. Keep it tight for the WC. Love to see it going all the way to the last race.

All depends on tire wear. If Sunday is as hot as predicted I have to say advantage to the SF71H on Yellows. ;)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Good effort from Bottas, but not enough to hold off Vettel.
Sadly reliability robbed us all of the shoot out we wanted to see.
Unlikely Lewis can do much from 14th. Or Daniel from the back.
Speaking of RB all that practice pace seemed to evaporate faster than the rain.
So much for a threeway fight.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Good effort from Bottas, but not enough to hold off Vettel.
Sadly reliability robbed us all of the shoot out we wanted to see.
Unlikely Lewis can do much from 14th. Or Daniel from the back.
Speaking of RB all that practice pace seemed to evaporate faster than the rain.
So much for a threeway fight.

Definitely was not reliability with Mercedes. Hamilton clearly broke the car. You can't keep offing all 4 over the curbs and expect it to stay together. ;)

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Even if Lewis had not broke the car I think Pole was Vettel's. The Ferrari is just better this year (especially the engine - look at how well Haas and Sauber are doing) and I do not think we're going to see the "After the Break" recovery by Lewis and Mercedes this year like we did last as I don't think they can respond.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Even if Lewis had not broke the car I think Pole was Vettel's. The Ferrari is just better this year (especially the engine - look at how well Haas and Sauber are doing) and I do not think we're going to see the "After the Break" recovery by Lewis and Mercedes this year like we did last as I don't think they can respond.
Mercedes already had a major update with a new floor. And yes Ferrari are still the best car and engine this year.
Just think their will be a few twists and turns yet this season.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

Ferrari’s PU has been the better. As you pointed out Haas and Sauber show just how deep the program is. I’m still surprised how things have panned out. I fully expected AMG power to be dominant all 2018 this spring.

IMO, the SF71H is easier on the PU as well. I think Mercedes has had to run higher PU settings more often forcing more complex upgrades at the first change (the last minute issues.)

It’s never over until the last race, and a couple DNF’s can change anyone’s season. However, I make no attempt to hide my love for the Prancing Horse.

Vettel aside, I’d love the WCC to go to Ferrari for Maurizio. He has brought this team back to the top with a hell of a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.

Tifosi

Reactions: zagato27

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Definitely was not reliability with Mercedes. Hamilton clearly broke the car. You can't keep offing all 4 over the curbs and expect it to stay together. ;)

yeah... is he actually, physically, ready to be in the car this weekend? pretty sloppy from him.

[doublepost=1532222986][/doublepost]

I do think you're correct, the Ferrari is better. It seems at some tracks only marginally and at others great lengths.

Reactions: Glideslope
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.