Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I don't watch Sky so I'm not sure who the ex drivers are.
I like David Coultard on channel four. They also have Suzy Wolfe and Mark Webber sometimes.
But next year it's just highlights I believe.

Reactions: pachyderm

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So looks like Lance Stroll is going to Force India next year. German sources say his father has bought the team, but Joe Saward at Motorsportweek believes it's a convertible loan giving him sufficient equity in the team to get his son the drive: https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00275
Who's going to replace him though? I bet they are queuing up for his current drive!

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Who's going to replace him though? I bet they are queuing up for his current drive!

Well rumors are that they're losing Martini, as well, so it would have to be someone with huge pockets as Stroll and Maldonado each brought in between GBP 25-30 million a year. Marcus Erricsson perhaps? He's said to bring in around USD 18 million for Sauber.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Steve Matchett and David Hobbs were nearly orgasmic in their praise of him. It was sickening.

It’s never enough for Lewis though. When he is walking to an area notice how much time he spends looking at his hair in his reflections. ;)
[doublepost=1532478608][/doublepost]
I loved Damon.

Martin not so much and he is horrible as a commentator, imho....

Agreed. He was classic in Germany. As he approached the front of the grid he momentarily looked over at Kimi. Then said, “no, he has already had enough this season.” Classic moment. :apple:
[doublepost=1532478893][/doublepost]
He acuuses the former F1 drivers on the broadcast of "undermining him" and having nothing positive to say.

He accused Rosberg. That is why Coulthard did the podium. Rosberg was scheduled to do the podium. Typical Lewis acting as an average talent on a World Class Team. :apple:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
It’s never enough for Lewis though. When he is walking to an area notice how much time he spends looking at his hair in his reflections. ;)
[doublepost=1532478608][/doublepost]

Agreed. He was classic in Germany. As he approached the front of the grid he momentarily looked over at Kimi. Then said, “no, he has already had enough this season.” Classic moment. :apple:
[doublepost=1532478893][/doublepost]

He accused Rosberg. That is why Coulthard did the podium. Rosberg was scheduled to do the podium. Typical Lewis acting as an average talent on a World Class Team. :apple:

Amazing that Lewis and Nico are still playing games with each other. Hamilton's way of getting Nico back even though he's not driving.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think things were said and done when they were teammates that have permanently damaged that relationship.
They used to be friends. I think when you fall out with someone close it's different than when you fall out with just a work colleague.

But describing Lewis as an average driver? Come on. Clearly that's not the case whatever you think about the man.

Haters are going to hate I suppose.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Lewis should just keep his mouth shut sometimes. Someone needs to remind him he has more World Championships than all of the Sky commentary team put together, by some margin. I suspect he has more poles than they have cumulative wins too.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Lewis should just keep his mouth shut sometimes. Someone needs to remind him he has more World Championships than all of the Sky commentary team put together, by some margin. I suspect he has more poles than they have cumulative wins too.

He can’t. His World Renouned Tantrums draw the attention to him. He needs it to exhist. ;)
[doublepost=1532522972][/doublepost]
I think things were said and done when they were teammates that have permanently damaged that relationship.
They used to be friends. I think when you fall out with someone close it's different than when you fall out with just a work colleague.

But describing Lewis as an average driver? Come on. Clearly that's not the case whatever you think about the man.

Haters are going to hate I suppose.

Absolutely. My top 3 “Haters” are Hamilton, Prost, and Piquet in that order. Actually have a Top 5, however I kept it to 3. ;)

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
He's so weird. He puts posts on his Instagram, praising God, encouraging others to follow their dreams, never give up, i.e. nice humbling words. Then he makes comments that make him sound like a goof. I don't get what he's doing.

IMO, Lewis is in a possible “The Meaning of Life Period.” He is getting old, and while signing a two year extension he most likely sees the twilight. He simply can’t contain it as well as others. Vettel can be just as much of a whiner, but has more control most of the time. Lewis is an extremely vain individual IMO as is a Vettel. One holds it all in off the track the other does not. TBO, looking at the future of where Liberty wants to take F1 they should both be looking forward to their twilights. :apple:

Reactions: BenTrovato

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
IMO, Lewis is in a possible “The Meaning of Life Period.” He is getting old, and while signing a two year extension he most likely sees the twilight. He simply can’t contain it as well as others. Vettel can be just as much of a whiner, but has more control most of the time. Lewis is an extremely vain individual IMO as is a Vettel. One holds it all in off the track the other does not. TBO, looking at the future of where Liberty wants to take F1 they should both be looking forward to their twilights. :apple:
I think most non F1 fans would struggle to recognise any F1 driver other than Lewis. He's the only one raising the profile of the sport.

I suspect that he will leave if he wins the WC this year. But he might see the contract out. Who knows.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
I think most non F1 fans would struggle to recognise any F1 driver other than Lewis. He's the only one raising the profile of the sport.

I suspect that he will leave if he wins the WC this year. But he might see the contract out. Who knows.

Yeah agree that F1 drivers sell their sport poorly apart from Lewis. Ricciardo is fun inside F1 but I don’t see him doing too much outside. Max gets defensive with questioning and Seb is deeply corporate (Even his Italian celebration seems scripted).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.