Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Surely Lewis will start lower than 14th?

He's got to replace some parts right?

Doesn't that mean he's going to the very back of the grid?

And why won't someone stop him from driving?

I think qualifying showed he's not fit to race this weekend.

Reactions: BenTrovato

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Surely Lewis will start lower than 14th?

He's got to replace some parts right?

Doesn't that mean he's going to the very back of the grid?

And why won't someone stop him from driving?

I think qualifying showed he's not fit to race this weekend.

That would have been interesting! I think Mercedes being at home in Germany and Hamilton just signing a new contract, he was always going to make the start. He does look better today in the opening laps. F1 is almost exciting when the best cars start at the rear :D

Reactions: pachyderm

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
All it takes is one DNF to change everything. Was it the wing damage, or pushing too hard?
Sounded like he was crying.

If you're referring to Vettel, I think it was just degraded tires and a slick track. He was clearly driving slower on account of the conditions. One of the Sky folks said they smelled "hot rear brakes" when a car was being driven back on a lorry so not sure if they were talking Vettel or Sirotkin, but if it was Vettel it would help explain why the rear looked to have snapped on him.

Great strategy call by Mercedes to put Ultras on Hamilton and I think he might have been able to fight for a win even if Vettel had not DNF'd. On the flip side, poor strategy by Ferrari to keep Vettel behind Kimi as long as they did. That might have contributed to the off/DNF.

Reactions: Glideslope

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Hamilton under investigation for pit line violation......... Is poor team communication considered a “forced condition?”

Hamilton refused to let Rosberg do his podium interview, so Coulthard stepped in.
#norespectleft.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
What a turn of events.
Couldn't believe it.
Expected Lewis to get to fourth today. Maybe third at a push.

Then two laps after they brought him in for tyres, it started to rain, I'd thought it was all going wrong for him.

But then they obviously made the right call.

Yes odd that Ferrari didn't release Vettel sooner. But in the wet Lewis is the best.
Max had that amazing drive in Brazil a few years back, so he is also good.

Both Lewis and Vettel sounded very emotional today. I did actually feel sorry for Vettel. Looked like a nothing incident. But come Abu Dhabi it could be the difference!
I think that's what they both felt today.

Mercedes need to sort out their communication issues though. That radio message was a mess. At least no further action is being taken.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Just watching the race highlights, didn’t see the race but unfortunately saw who won on a news website... so I went and read what happened.

On a side note, last weekend was tiring, 4 days at Goodwood Featival Of Speed. They had the 2011 or 2012 V8 Red Bull F1 car there, oh my God it is a pure symphony of awesome engine notes! It was also the loudest of all the F1 cars there! They had Hamilton’s pre halo car and it sounds awesome, but really not a patch on the V8’s :(

Some awesome machines, plus I sat in the Lambo Centenario Roadster, it was the Lamborghini museum one, it cost a cool 2.5 million when on sale, amazing car, I also sat in the new Lambo off Uris I think, the SUV, pure Lambo on the outside, Audi on the inside with some Lambo haha, but a huge car! Also saw that VW Pikes Peak all electric race car win the hill climb, unfortunately. In fact it was the only VW group cars there were race cars, not one stand there from the group, Audi, Skoda, VW, Seat, Even no Bugatti apart from the owners car parks! Weird..
I also sat n the Senna, very raw car that, but it sounds weak next to the new 600LT.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just watching the race highlights, didn’t see the race but unfortunately saw who won on a news website... so I went and read what happened.

On a side note, last weekend was tiring, 4 days at Goodwood Featival Of Speed. They had the 2011 or 2012 V8 Red Bull F1 car there, oh my God it is a pure symphony of awesome engine notes! It was also the loudest of all the F1 cars there! They had Hamilton’s pre halo car and it sounds awesome, but really not a patch on the V8’s :(

Some awesome machines, plus I sat in the Lambo Centenario Roadster, it was the Lamborghini museum one, it cost a cool 2.5 million when on sale, amazing car, I also sat in the new Lambo off road we, pure Lambo on the outside, Audi on the inside with some Lambo haha, but a huge car! Also saw that VW Pikes Peak all electric race car win the hill climb, unfortunately. In fact it was the only VW group cars there were race cars, not one stand there from the group, Audi, Skoda, VW, Seat, Even no Bugatti apart from the owners car parks! Weird..
I also sat n the Senna, very raw car that, but it sounds weak next to the new 600LT.
I'm very good at keeping off newsfeeds when waiting for the highlights to air! Years of practice!

Reactions: apolloa

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Hamilton under investigation for pit line violation......... Is poor team communication considered a “forced condition?”

Hamilton refused to let Rosberg do his podium interview, so Coulthard stepped in.
#norespectleft.

pfft. What will com of it though? DQ'd ? I wish.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
pfft. What will com of it though? DQ'd ? I wish.
Nothing. Already decided.

However Lewis does have a 25 grid place penalty until he gets that hair sorted! ;)
[doublepost=1532290891][/doublepost]
Haha yeah it was a bit annoying, I’m watching the highlights on channel 4, I see it rained, Lewis is kinda the driving God in the rain. Bet Vetel is kicking himself tonight hehe..
He sounded like he was crying on the radio.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

Some awesome machines, plus I sat in the Lambo Centenario Roadster, it was the Lamborghini museum one, it cost a cool 2.5 million when on sale, amazing car, I also sat in the new Lambo off Uris I think, the SUV, pure Lambo on the outside, Audi on the inside with some Lambo haha, but a huge car! Also saw that VW Pikes Peak all electric race car win the hill climb, unfortunately. In fact it was the only VW group cars there were race cars, not one stand there from the group, Audi, Skoda, VW, Seat, Even no Bugatti apart from the owners car parks! Weird..

I watched quite a bit on cable. Looked like an awesome event. Such a wide range of vehicles now compared to years past. That run with Jacki Stewart and his sons was very nice. :)

Reactions: apolloa

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Nothing. Already decided.

However Lewis does have a 25 grid place penalty until he gets that hair sorted! ;)
[doublepost=1532290891][/doublepost]
He sounded like he was crying on the radio.

I though he was crying too.

Glad Lewis won. At least no one is running away with the title this season. And a great drive from Lewis. I bet he enjoyed it too. Having to work through the field then suddenly being gifted a win.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I though he was crying too.

Glad Lewis won. At least no one is running away with the title this season. And a great drive from Lewis. I bet he enjoyed it too. Having to work through the field then suddenly being gifted a win.
Agreed. Just need a faster RB and we could have a interesting series of races.

Was that the first rain of the season? Could do with more to spice things up!

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I watched quite a bit on cable. Looked like an awesome event. Such a wide range of vehicles now compared to years past. That run with Jacki Stewart and his sons was very nice. :)

Yeap, but none from the Volkswagen Group, the only Bugatti’s were the really old race cars and a Cheryon in the owners car park and a EB110 in the classic cars section, both privately owned.
Apart from that great, I did get to sit in and look at a Tesla and decided it’s way way way overpriced and plasticky.

Reactions: Glideslope

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
F1 just announced no Miami GP in 2019. “Logistical Issues.” Liberty likes “big $ numbers.” I hope they don’t screw Germany in 2019.

Has Hockenheim stated they can now support the race annually? The original reason for rotating it between the two venues was because neither claimed they could support running it every year.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Has Hockenheim stated they can now support the race annually? The original reason for rotating it between the two venues was because neither claimed they could support running it every year.

My understanding was that the inability of Hockenheim to support an annual event was the financial commitments required by Liberty Media in 2019. My understanding is Miami was put in a similar position and has withdrawn for this reason. :apple:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
My understanding was that the inability of Hockenheim to support an annual event was the financial commitments required by Liberty Media in 2019. My understanding is Miami was put in a similar position and has withdrawn for this reason. :apple:

I think also for Miami the city had a vote scheduled soon for the proposed changes to the streets and it got delayed for a few months beyond what Liberty needs to confirm the 2019 calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.