Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Yeah agree that F1 drivers sell their sport poorly apart from Lewis. Ricciardo is fun inside F1 but I don’t see him doing too much outside. Max gets defensive with questioning and Seb is deeply corporate (Even his Italian celebration seems scripted).

I'm not a fan but his radio comments post race are my least favorite part of his race wins.
[doublepost=1532550203][/doublepost]
So looks like Lance Stroll is going to Force India next year. German sources say his father has bought the team, but Joe Saward at Motorsportweek believes it's a convertible loan giving him sufficient equity in the team to get his son the drive: https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00275

wow.

I'd hoped we'd be rid of him and Sirotkin ...

And Hartley, and Gasly ...

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Wow, double heart attacks after routine schoulder surgery. I read he was in a deep coma but had not read double cardiac events as the complications. I was thinking stroke. Too young.

Just reading about him now, we went to the same university albeit in a far different time. Sounds like he’s lived a high stress and caffeine lifestyle along with decades of smoking. Finally caught up to him.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Just reading about him now, we went to the same university albeit in a far different time. Sounds like he’s lived a high stress and caffeine lifestyle along with decades of smoking. Finally caught up to him.

Oh, a smoker? So sad. You would we think by today people could understand the disease it causes. There are so many programs to help quit these days as well. Hard way to learn you're not invincible. :(

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Oh, a smoker? So sad. You would we think by today people could understand the disease it causes. There are so many programs to help quit these days as well. Hard way to learn you're not invincible. :(
That was one of a collection of issues. He never slept and was overworked. RIP.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
So I’m right in thinking there’s another F1 race this weekend? Hungary? And that Seb and Max are fastest followed by Danni and Kimi, the Merced then next.

Should be interesting. I hope Seb crashes again, I’ll laugh haha!
[doublepost=1532719327][/doublepost]
Lewis attacking Sky Media today on Social Media. Poor guy just can’t get the love he wants. ;)

Oh dear has he thrown his toys out again? He needs a nappy change and then put down bless him.
He acts like a baby after all.. he is a prime example of someone who let the more then good enough driving do all the talking and then keep his mouth firmly shut else where! I see he’s complained he didn’t get enough accolade and praise for last weekend :rolleyes:

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
No chance, Max will dominate again. If it rains then Lewis will win anyway unless his strategists messes up again and they blame their computer..

Agree RBR is fast, but will they finish? I don’t trust Renault for the remainder of the season with RBR. :apple:
[doublepost=1532787339][/doublepost]Nice effort by Gasly for P6 in the rain. :apple:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
What happened to the RBR's? I understand Daniel had traffic and yellow flag issues, but he never looked good.
Max who I thought was good in the wet (and let's be honest doesn't have to worry about his crap engine as much), yet he was nowhere.
Lewis is always strong in the wet. Balls of steel. But I thought the number two drivers, Bottas and Kimi did really well.
As did Sainz. Hope the race is as exciting tomorrow as qualifying.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Agree RBR is fast, but will they finish? I don’t trust Renault for the remainder of the season with RBR. :apple:
[doublepost=1532787339][/doublepost]Nice effort by Gasly for P6 in the rain. :apple:

Hahahahaha I see the Red Bull team B out classed and just out polled the team A cars....

The start will be very very very interesting, Torro Rosso, Red Bull, Torro Rosso... hmmm..

Ricardo had rotten luck. If it’s raining I expect carnage at the front of the grid in the first lap.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hahahahaha I see the Red Bull team B out classed and just out polled the team A cars....

The start will be very very very interesting, Torro Rosso, Red Bull, Torro Rosso... hmmm..

Ricardo had rotten luck. If it’s raining I expect carnage at the front of the grid in the first lap.
If it's raining I expect to see Lewis drive off.
If it's dry I expect to see Lewis drive off!

Actually it's due to be dry and with the track being hard to pass on it's likely to be decided in the pits!

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada

I know! Very weird from RB today. I thought their Q1 tyre timings were bad especially putting Danny on the softs and letting him run forever. Max was complaining about the setup the whole time. I really thought they had a chance at the front row but now the podium seems like a long shot.

Reactions: apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008

Actually it's due to be dry and with the track being hard to pass on it's likely to be decided in the pits!

That’s Lewis buggered then! Really don’t see why the Mercedes team struggle with strategy so much?

Also if RB can get there act together they can dominate it, it’s another track built for their car which makes it even more embarrassing that they poled so low.
No idea where Ferrari will end up.

If it rains though then Lewis will storm it.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

PU Failure lap 7. There needs to be an investigation into the **** PU’s Renault is currently supplying RBR IMO. :apple:

Reactions: pachyderm

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I just need to say this..... Ferrari guys are officially totally retarded :mad:

Last edited:

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I just need to say this..... Ferrari guys are officially totally retarded :mad:

If you are referring to the pit stop, at least they didn't launch him with an unsecured tire. It also did not help that Sainz failed to yield for nine corners when Seb was behind him which cost him over a second on track. That should have been a Time Penalty for the Renault for Ignoring Blue Flags.

And Bottas just hit Vettel, but no damage it appears to Seb while Valteri has wing damage.

And now Bottas just ran into Daniel (due to lack of downforce from his damaged wing).

Well you certainly called it.

Now can Lewis break the "Hungary Curse" and go on to win the WDC?

Last edited:

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Congrats to Mercedes for taking advantage of all the Ferrari errors today. Congrats to Daniel in P4 for surviving the "Bottas Battering Ram" today.
WCC tightens up again. :D Gonna be a fun 2nd half. ;)
[doublepost=1532877227][/doublepost]
Well you certainly called it.

Now can Lewis break the "Hungary Curse" and go on to win the WDC?

Keep your eyes on Kimi in the 2nd half. Ferrari takes the WCC, IMO. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.