Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Renault are a works team.
Also he can be their lead driver rather than RBR number two.
Neither team are going to deliver him much in the way of wins in the next 18 months.

And a RBR with a Honda engine next year, doesn't look like a Mercedes/Ferrari beating package to me.

Plus the up lift in pay probably doesn't hurt!

Ah so it’s the money you think. I think Honda and RBR will surprise everyone. Hopefully.

Reactions: Glideslope

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Ah so it’s the money you think. I think Honda and RBR will surprise everyone. Hopefully.

Daniel left for money and #1 driver status. He has a long life ahead of him. I can understand his desire for financial security. IMO, teams would be better off without 1/2 designations, but it is what it is. RBR would not put that on paper.

RBR Honda is coming to the party in 2019 ready to run. Look for Max to contend for the WDC if he can continue the maturation process. I’m confident he can at this point. He conducts himself very well in public now.

Any driver would have had the last outburst he had on the radio last race with the POS PU’s Renault has been supplying RBR. :apple:

Reactions: apolloa

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Didn't run it due to packaging issues...

Sounds like McLaren's problems with Honda and Renault PSUs. :confused:

IMO, McLaren/Honda was far more of chassis design conflict between parties than RBR/Renault. Renault simply has written RBR off for the remainder of the season. The hostility between them is palitable. :apple:
[doublepost=1533488448][/doublepost]
Even though the part that failed had been upgraded and Red Bull had refused to use it?

Upgraded and offered to RBR to “Test” in the race. No thanks. :apple:

Reactions: apolloa

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
acceptable front wings:

8VLzDFD.png

bw2aChO.png
WjWPMif.png

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Missed? Not by Honda!

Tbh I like him as a driver, but ultimately you'd have to review his F1 career as a series of poor team choices. He was hardly ever in the right team at the right time.

I think he is a great driver, but couldn’t unite a team like Schumi could. His break ups with McLaren and Ferrari were acrimonious to say the least. Very, very fast, and drove above the car. I guess we’ll see Sainz in the car next year, maybe with Lando Norris.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Missed? Not by Honda!

Tbh I like him as a driver, but ultimately you'd have to review his F1 career as a series of poor team choices. He was hardly ever in the right team at the right time.

Agreed. He did find himself in less than ideal situations. It's a shame he can't go out in his Golden Years like Kimi. IMO he is deserving. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.